The Ravenclaw Dragon

District 5 & 13
Ravenclaw
Daughter of Athena
Nightwing
Shadow Charmer
INFJ-T
Rock Climber
Skier
Surfer
LDS
Currently Reading:
Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prision

Doing a collab here with Sam Rose called the Endless Prarie!

A-review-for-a-review!

Harry Potter and the Cursed Niece: Part II

2
    I walked alongside the "carriage" of the train. I try to hold my head high, to look normal, as Albus walks beside me. Maybe "walk" isn't the right word. Maybe "skip" or "jump" or "fly with joy". He's attracting a lot of attention. 
    Then I start thinking about how I need friends- normal friends- to be normal, so that nobody suspects me. I turned to Albus, but the trolley witch come bustling down walkway with her trolley of sweets. 
    "Anything from the trolley, dears?" she asks. "Pumpkin Pasty? Chocolate Frogs? Cauldron Cakes?"
    Albus practically drools. His hands start reaching out for a chocolate frog. We really don't have time for this. So I slap his hand. He scowls at me. 
    "Al," I say, using his cool nickname that he makes us all use. "We need to concentrate."
    "Concentrate on what?" He asks as he steals a look at the trolley witch continuing her walk down the train. 
    "On who we choose to be friends with," I explain. "My mum and dad met your dad on their first Hogwarts Express you know..."
    "So we need to choose now who to be friends with for life?" He concludes. "That's quite scary."
    "On the contrary, it's exciting," I lie. "I'm a Granger-Weasley, you're a Potter- everyone will want to be friends with us, we've got the pick of whoever we want."
    "So how do we decide- which compartment to go in..."
    "We rate them all and then we make a decision," I decide.
    Albus opens the door. Inside is a white-haired boy who looks too young to be in Hogwarts- all except his eyes. His eyes are green, like mine, and look sly and na├»ve at the same time. He looks at us with surprise. When his eyes catch mine, I feel something weird. 
    That hair- as red as a fire. 
    My eyes widen. Dragons can talk to each other- using their thoughts. Nobody else can hear them. I'm a dragon, and that would mean that...
    You're a dragon? I think back to him.
    You are too? He thinks back to me as his eyes widen. Wow!
    Act normal. I scold him. We'll talk about this later. My cousin, Albus, doesn't know that I'm a dragon, and I'd rather keep it that way. 

The boy straightens and tries to act normal. I want to literally yell at him for being so bad at acting. But, luckily, Albus is oblivious. He smiles at the boy, and the boy gives a nervous smile back. I roll my eyes. 
    "Hi," Albus says. "Is this compartment..."
    "It's free," he says. "It's just me." 
    "That's obvious," I mutter to myself. 
    "Great," Albus says. "So we might just- come in- for a bit- if that's okay?" 
    "That's okay." The boy brightens. "Hi." 
    "Albus. Al," he mumbles as he closes the compartment door. "I'm- my name is Albus." 
    "Hi, Scorpius. I mean, I'm Scorpius. You're Albus. I'm Scorpius." He turns to me. "And you must be..."
    Weasley. He says in my brain. I ignore him.
    Scorpius, Scorpius, Scorpius! I can't be seen with him! This is Scorpius Malfoy, son of Draco Malfoy, person of rumors. I inwardly groan. 
    "Rose," I say. 
    "Hi, Rose," he sighs a bit at my name. "Would you like some of my Fizzing Whizbees?" 
    "I've just had breakfast," I say cooly. "Thanks."
    "I've also got some Shock-o-Choc, Pepper Imps, and some Jelly Slugs. Mum's ides- she says," Scorpius says in a rush. He then sings, "Sweets, they always help you make friends." He looks at my face, and then mumbles, "Silly idea, probably." 
    "I'll have some..." Albus says. "Mum doesn't let me have sweets. Which one would you start with?"
    As Scorpius turns and reaches into his suitcase, I whack Albus on his head. He gives me a confused and hurt look, rubbing his head. Scorpius then pulls out a bag of Pepper Imps, distracting Albus. 
    "Easy," he says. "I've always regarded Pepper Imps as the king of the confectionery bag. They're peppermint sweets that make you smoke at the ears."
    "Brilliant, then that's what I'll-" Albus pauses after I whack him on the back. "Rose, will you please stop hitting me?" 
    "I'm not hitting you," I say. 
    Instead, I am whacking him. 
    "You are hitting me," Albus argues. "And it hurts." 
   Scorpius face falls faster than gravity could. His face isn't like Albus's face, with is a babyish look of hurt and begging. Scorpius is genially hurt, like a spear stabbed his heart. 
    "She's hitting you because of me," he explains.
    "What?" Albus asks. 
    "Listen, I know who you are, so it's probably only fair you know who I am."
    "What do you mean you know who I am?" Albus looked offended. If I wasn't so mad at Scorpius I would've rolled my eyes at him. 
    "You're Albus Potter," he explains. "She's Rose Granger-Weasley. And I am Scorpius Malfoy. My parents are Astoria and Draco Malfoy. Our parents- they didn't get on." 
    "That's putting it mildly," I snorted. "Your mum and dad are death eaters!" 
    "Dad was- but Mum wasn't." 
    I look away, my face burning. I had been so foolish. I had thought that Draco Malfoy would've only married a death eater. As a dragon, I had been stereotyped. But now, I was stereotyping. It was hypocripitoical, and I was ashamed of it.
    "I know what the rumors are," Scorpius says. "And it's a lie." 
    I look back at Scorpius. He thinks that I believe the rubbish rumors. It must have been from experience, how he was guessing. I felt sorry for him.
    I know. I think at him. My mother, she's the minister of magic, you know. She has all the birth certificates of magical babies. She knows that you really are Draco and Astoria's son. And so do I.
    Thank you. Scorpius thinks to me. That means a lot.
    "What- is the rumor?" Albus's voice snaps both Scorpius and my head back to him. 
    "The rumor is that my parents couldn't have children," Scorpius sighs. "That my father and my grandfather were so desperate for a powerful heir, to prevent the end of the Malfoy line, that they... that they used a TIme-Turner to send my mother back..."
    "To send her back where?" Albus scratched his head. 
    "The rumor is that he's Voldemort's son, Albus," I say, tired of Scorpius long yet slow answer and Albus's dim-wittedness. 
    I realized my tone was a bit, well, mean. I didn't try to. I was just tired. But I realized to a slow-thinking Albus and a rumorized Scorpius, that it did sound pretty mean. 
    "It's probably rubbish," I say. Then I break into a grin. "I mean... look, you've got a nose."
    Albus frowns at me, not liking my way to break the tension in the tiny compartment. But Scorpius laughs whole-heartedly. 
    "And it's just like my father's! I got his nose, his hair, and his name!" he laughs. Then he stops laughing, and turns somber. "Not that that's a great thing either. I mean- father-son issues, I have them. But, on the whole, I'd rather be a Malfoy than, you know, the son of the Dark Lord." 
    Albus looks at Scorpius. He looks like he's found his other part of his soul. I realize that he thinks that he and Scorpius are just alike in parent problems. I roll my eyes. Obviously, Scorpius's parent problems are way worse. 
    Scorpius sees me roll my eyes. He gives me a quizzed look. Something about his look makes me do something that I never would've thought I've done as long as I was a dragon.
    I'll see you later, okay? I think.
    Later...? Scorpius thinks back. 
    "Yes, well," I say. "We probably should sit somewhere else. Come on, Albus."
    "No," Albus says. He turns to me. "I'm okay. You go on..."
    "Albus," I warn. "I won't wait."
    "And I wouldn't expect you to," he says. "But I'm staying here." 
    Rose. Scorpius thinks to me. Please don't leave me.
    Scorpius! I have to. I think back.
    You do?
    Yes, I do! I can't be seen with you. I would look weird, which would also look suspicious. Then people may check me and figure out I'm a dragon! And then I would either, a) go to Azkaban, or, b) go to a testing room where they check all sorts of thinks out for "science". 
    Wow. I've never thought of it that way.
He thinks to me. But then his voice turns a bit begging. But still, please stay!
    No, I can't. Please don't make this any harder than it has to.

He teases me and thinks to me in a teasing tone, You'll make me so, so sad.
    I look at Albus for a second, then I glare at Scorpius. Then I shove open the compartment door. I walk out, and then turn on my heels.
    "Fine!" I yell. 
    I close the compartment door behind me. I see the Trolley Witch and a few students staring at me. I turn red because I hadn't thought that they would be eavesdropping on me. 
    "Sorry," I mumble.
    I walk along the carriage, lost in my thoughts. I realize that I should probably find my seat soon, so I open the one that has a lot of noise. I smile. 
    In there were my laughing cousins, fifth-year Fred, and Victoire, who was a seventh-year, beside him. James, a third-year, was next to Fred. Louis was on the other side of James. Dominque Weasley was on the other side of Victoire, who was her older sister. She was only a second-year, but she was flirting with a boy next to him. There were also two other students who looked like first years in the compartment, too. They were also laughing.
    "Hey-a, Rose!" James called when the laughing subsided. 
    "Didn't your mum say not to say 'hey-a'?" I asked. 
    "Where is she now?" he asked. 
    "True," I say. "Could I sit with you?" 
    "Of course," Victoire said in her thick accent. 
    "Hey, everybody, this is Rose, my cousin," Fred said as I sat down. "And also, Dominque and Victoire's cousins." 
    "The Weasley family is a big one," Victoire said. 
    "And we're also missing Albus, Molly, Lucy, Roxanne, Hugo, Lilly," I said. "Oh, also, Albus."
    "Where is Albus?" Louis asked. 
    "Oh, uh, he wanted to sit somewhere without me," I fibbed. 
    "He can be so mean sometimes," James muttered. 
    "Rose, you know your cousins," Fred said. "But this is Craig Bowker Jr., Polly Chapman, and Karl Jenkins."
    Craig was the boy who Dominque had been flirting with. He had dark skin and brown hair. Polly Chapman had black hair and skin darker than Craig's. She was almost as pretty as Dominque, and Dominque had an unnatural beauty. Karl was on the other side of Polly, with his clean blonde hair and twinkling blue eyes."
    "It's very nice to meet you," I said. 
    "You, too," Karl winked. 
    A shiver runs up my spine. I realized that Karl, well, he's taking a liking to me. But, trust me, I wouldn't take a liking to him in a thousand years. I would choose someone who likes me for who I am. Then, an image of a boy flashs in my head.
    It's Scorpius.
This is based off of Act One, Scene Three in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I hope you like it! Here's the first part:

yesssss wow oh my goodness. i forgot how much i loved this
    Re: yeah, the engagement thing is important for later, but it's not mentioned in the excerpt, so i'm going to cut it for the entry. thank you!