mirkat

est. 10/15/20
14│INFP-A││poet│film kid│old soul

we're all just trying to find our way through...
see you on the other side.

Have an ineffable day! Look at my message board!
I can't express how much I love it here...

<3<3<3

first publish on nvoember 3, 2020. kinda bout the election? still nervous and not all results are in..... check out my two other election pieces called and is this enough? and try to breathe

rock bottom

35
Sitting here,
staring at this
screen is
accomplishing
nothing.

my bed, only a
few
feet away.

i wish i had the
strength
to get
there.

yet here i am,
typing away
and away
and away.

if only i was
going somewhere.

2

• Rachaelgrace

Oh I totally get this!

• TheSpellcheckSurvivor

This really hit home! I feel the same way :)

• dead account

re: okay, here's the thing. this is a place where only constructive comments should be accepted on pieces. inserting your own opinion may be a little bit insensitive to someone who is only looking for a safe place to voice their differing opinion.
    I'm not saying that you can't. I'm saying that you should be careful.

• BirdofPrey

re: your welcome!

• BirdofPrey

re: can i add you to my bio for the dems?

• JustAnotherDarling

"if only i was going somewhere"....girl, that hit me R i g h t in the heart
    Re: ahhhh!!! thank youuuuu <333
    and yes, all this election business is cRAZY and i'm here nervously laughing here with u <3

re: Quinn. It is the name I'd have been given if I was a boy. But I've always felt a connection to it... I don't really know, I'm in a weird mood right now... Thanks for the support :) <333

• AmandaWritesRandolphTheRedNoesedSeaHorse(#holidayvibes)

Short but impactful. It's crazy how carried away writing can make u get! Re: Thanks for ur support and the nice comment!

• BirdofPrey

re: that does help thank you!

• peachy keen #dreams of autumn(aka rose a)

Re: Thank you! That begs the question, would you like to be mentioned in my bio? As long as I have room, I'm putting people in there.

re: awww thank you for the support!!! I'm so glad that you like that poem--It is also one of my favorites!! :) hope you are having a wonderful day!!

• BirdofPrey

re: thank you so much for the comment! no i dont mind please do actually XD

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

re: wow! it really just doesn't end does it! but it feels like all the australian children are on your side :). How does one stress bake coleslaw? lol i just imagined you pickling cabbage in a mad frenzy. salt! jar! oh boy idk how to make coleslaw. dont stress too much!

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

Re : Wait, I haven't read that book... and never heard of the quote either... I just googled right now and Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh John Green copied my quote! I have been using it since my 4th grade... This can't be true. I am changing it right now. Thanks for commenting on that, else I would have never known about it.

Hey, mirkat! Just published a sneak peek of my grandparent's story! I'd love for you to tell me what you think!

• sci-Fi

Re: Ahhhh yesss the Dem triplets!!! I love it!!!!

• BirdofPrey

re: just realized im not following you yet either how did i not notice that?? wow im so nervous for the election i just wrote a piece on it called happy(?) election day

• lochnessie

re: ahhh your bio! australian news outlets have called Arizona for biden :D

• BirdofPrey

re: your other pieces are AMAZING but i can't find the election ones lol

• BirdofPrey

re: yep that page really "helps" XD

• BirdofPrey

re: ooh good idea gonna write a piece on the election after i check out yours

• lochnessie

re: all other websites say biden got arizona? idk but that's what tv is saying here

• lochnessie

re: ahh thank you
    bio updated!!
    ALL HE NEEDS IS NEVADA NOW

• BirdofPrey

re: im glad it helped you! me on the other hand im just waiting and hoping for biden bc im a bi girl so if biden doesn't win...

• BirdofPrey

wow, this is good!!! very simple but still amazing and stunning I can relate to this so much XD.

• cynth

re: thank you so much for telling me how to reply (i was lowkey confused at first haha)! it's great to meet you, and this piece is so relatable too

• lochnessie

re: YES we're the dem triplets! and he's got arizona, doesn't he? joyous celebrations just ensued in my English class as he got michigan

• lochnessie

re: omg i loveee yellowbrickrd's writing! and yes it is chaos here. the us election is our top news story.

• ~Zoe N~

cool :)

• ~Zoe N~

re: Thank you so much, I'm glad you like it :)

• connor.davis

I do feel what you feel. Sometimes just doing nothing can be a lot. I hope you are doing better <3

• Abrianna

Re: Yup. "Freedom is the right to tell people, what they do not want to hear."-George Orwell

• Abrianna

Re: Trump obviously is not in it for himself as you suggest, he gave up a life of stress-free luxury to serve our country. He is a hated man, and bears it well. I respect him. How do I sleep at night? how do you? I am a upholder of life, sanctity and honor. I am a freedom fighter, I will never succumb to the evils of today because I Know what our fore-fathers wanted, a Republic! Not socialism. Saying he's racist is, yeah, he is not racist. Look up Officer Tatum and you'll hear him. And the Miami immigrants from Cuba, voted Trump so that proves something.

• midnight.summerrose

This is soooo amazing!! :)

• abby.a

so 40 words (yes, i counted).... 40 words and you create THIS???? this is amazing. like... mood much???? i love it more than i probably should.... but i do not care. i love this.

I feel the exact same right now—you capture it so perfectly! I'm honestly just praying that God's will be done in the election cause I'm not going to worry about it anymore.

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

same. in the australian classroom all the screens are red and blue. and its all i can think about. the world is at stake. jeez i don't even know if that was what you were referring to, but that's where this resonated with me. this careful, simple poem where every word is perfect.

• lochnessie

re: aahhahahah I 100% stress bake. tbh australia is wayy more vocal about the us election than its own. i reckon if Australia was voting it would be a biden landslide, most people i know just kind of think that America is either hilariously funny and a political joke (sorry!!!) or the end of the world as we know it (sorry again!!!!)

• rwong

100% relate so you're not alone!! except my definition of going somewhere is like...walking to the kitchen to eat something so i feel "productive" and don't feel bad about the 4 tests i have this week...oops XD

• lochnessie

hey mirkat!! best of luck and hope you're not too stressed XD
    my teacher cancelled my science class so we could watch the map. so yeah, Australia is on your side <3

um. why is this me.

• AJ - Izzy

Woah. How did you know? XD
    I relate to this a crazy amount, I'm there right now! Or no, I'm here, definitely not going somewhere. This is really cool, I love how simple and real it is, resonates with me :)

• SAMEEKSHA SINGH

Re: Thankyou so much for your sweet comment :-)

• Nathaniel G. Williams

Yeah...

• Cici'sTimes

I wanna know where that somewhere is