Lata.B

~ the daughter of Hades and Persephone~
♥ Gryffinpuff
♥ District 1
♥ Abnegation
♥ Libra
I wanna make a mark on the world someday...no...I wanna make a dent (too cheesy?)

Comment for a comment
Like for a Like
Follow for a follow
Review for a review
I like to repay favors! :D

The book I'm reading right now is....*Drumroll*... An Abundance Of Katherines

Shout out to these amazing people:
Bhavya's Treasure
Busssy.Beee
dream02
Rohan’s Defender
books4life

The Hunger Games (Cinna's point of view) Part Six

9
The Capitol people will be desperately awaiting the tributes. They would fall in love with a handsome fellow or cheer on a fierce fighter and Crecer Flickerman with his grin would always win the crowd over. 
I can feel her emotions as I pat over the dress to smooth the creases around her stomach. "Just be yourself" I whisper in a gentle voice. Her eyes come into focus as she takes in what I said.
"Cinna, I don't know if I can do this," She replies, and her eyes shiver with nervousness. 
"When you answer the questions pretend you're answering them to a friend," I say and move the tiny piece of her hair to its normal place. "I'll be on the podium. Direct your answers to me."

***

I take a seat right beside Haymitch and I can already tell he's ready for a drink. After a few moments, Portia takes a seat next to me and I greet her with a smile. 
"Cinna, how in the world are you so calm?" She asks and I look down to see her fingers trembling in her lap.
"I can tell it's going to be fine" I reassure her taking her shaking hand in mine.
"And I've got a trick up my sleeve" Haymitch adds in a whisper. We both turn our heads to see his smirk and before I can ask Crecer starts the show. I gaze at Haymitch for a bit longer, but instead of an explanation, I receive a wink.

Each tribute gets through their 3 minutes and only two stands out to me. She was from District's 5 and her orange hair plus the mint blue dress captured a sharp combination. The second was Rue the name as sweet and gentle as the girl who sat on stage. Her age only 12. She reminded me of Primrose. 

***

I see Katniss come onto the stage and my eyes catch hers. She answers each question so freely and I almost see a smile break from Haymitch. When it's time for her to spin I hear the audience gasp and I know I made the right choice. The fire mixes so well with the red cloth, bringing the fire alive. Girl on fire I think to myself once again. 

I don't like how I wrote this:\ (ughhhh as you might have noticed I don't have self-confidence in my work at all!!)
I hope you enjoy tho! :)

• Busssy.Beee

Re: Wait, actually, I'm back. Your comments made me realize just how much I missed this close-knitted community. I won't be able to to thank you enough for all your support!! Love you to the moon and back x infinity!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thanks again, XD

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: haha, thank you!

• Busssy.Beee

Re: I'll start transitioning back to the community, but probably won't post into 10/8. But, it does feel good to return back here. Thanks, author Lata, you're twice as wonderful as you think you are! <3

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

this is a super cool series!

• Bhavya's Treasure

The opening is really good, how gullible and fickle the crowd is.
    'I can already tell he's ready for a drink' XD That's Haymitch's speciality.
    Ah! Rue! <33

Girrrlllll on FIRE! :D
    Hey Lata, don't think like that. TRUST yourself! You're doing good... Just keep the hard work and it will become great! :D
    And thank you so much for the shout out in your message. :)

PS: I think the name's Caesar Flickerman. Did you write Crecer on purpose?

• katnissromanoff

Oh my gosh I love this so much!!!! Cinna was one of my favorite characters. I thought that you did a great job explaining his perspective!! I loved this and am excited to read more of it! Can't wait for part seven!!!! :)

• peachy keen #dreams of autumn(aka rose a)

Re: Glad you think so! I just need to be patient with how the story progresses. maybe I'll enter it into the novel writing contest(as if I'm going to make that deadline!).

Thanks for the shoutout! I loved this, as always! You need more confidence, girl. Just thought I'd let you know I posted a sneak peek of my grandparent's story today!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aw, thank you! That means so much to me! :) You’re amazing! :)

• books4life

love!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Rohan’s Defender

I really love this chapter! I’m so excited to hear more about Peeta’s interview! I love being able to see what Haymitch thought too! This is great!!! AND I AM IN YOUR MESSAGE!!!! Thankkkkk youuu!!!!! I hope you’re well, sis! <3