Bertrand

Rwanda

He/Him ~ 19
Nature, Music, We/Us - In this Together

July 2020 - June 2021

The Moon in Red......

10
 The winds blew gently through the trees as I stepped out of the house. I could feel the pacific breeze thrust airily on my cheeks. The calls of the weaver birds had faded and the chirping of crickets was soaring in the serene night. Yawning and stretching my arms, I walked to the side of the house for a short glance at the sky - looking at the full moon gives a refreshing sleep!
 “Uumn?”
 There up in the sky, far to the horizon, stood a glowing red Ball and its dim rays cast a brown sheet across the sky. “What has happened to my precious ball?” I wondered as I glared at the silhouettes of the little birds drifting bravely in the waxing night sky.
 I had seen it last month: the whitely greyish ball gliding the horizon at dusk that gently faded in the night black yonder. Then there came the small sailboat; floating flawlessly across the vast sky, and rowing fearlessly through the rushing winds. Slowly by slowly I saw it grow, shining brightly in the starless sky.

More birds had become brave and flew hastily through the heavens. I loved hearing them hum when I saw that diamond ball; it glittered faintly behind the leaves and the music had grown lyrical. I could feel the creaking of the branches.
 “This was a few months ago!”
 The cool breeze thrust my jowls and the red Moon was in my sight again; “Why is it glowing red?”
 I let out a deep breath, turned my eyes from that glowing red ball and walked to the back door. Everyone was already asleep; I tiptoed to my bed and softly lain on the slimy sheets. After a short stare around the black room, I towed the heavy blanket over my chest: “Why is it glowing red?”

Useful resources:
River of fire smoke darkens sun and moon: https://www.universetoday.com/121150/river-of-fire-smoke-darkens-sun-and-moon/
Moon phases: https://sciencing.com/long-moon-phase-8770391.html

Happy reading, hope you enjoyed!

• nolongeractive

This is so pretty and simple yet relatable. I just love how emotional your writing it is, and how you pair it with so much simplicity. I cannot wait to see what you do next!

Re: Ty! Oh ok.

Wait are you a new community ambassador? Or did you just change your name.

• Parisienne

Re: Hey rise! Just thought I'd say (since you asked me to) that the next bit of the girl in blue is out. Let me know what you think (if you like). Hope you're having a good day :D

• Parisienne

re: I get what you mean and thanks. I'll let you know once I've done the next bit :)

• Parisienne

re: thank you, of course I'll let you know! I'm still trying to decide whether I should make the girl in blue evil or good. What's your opinion?

• Parisienne

re: thank you, I'm thinking of writing a longer version of the girl in blue soon, so more is on the way! Really like this piece btw, you create very vivid imagery :)

• Jason_claire :)

You really have a way with words. The way you described birds flying; I didn't even know there were that many ways to describe birds in flight. The emotions expressed to the blood moon is amazing!
    replying- Aw, thank you :)

• useless :)

re: thank you!! :)

• Love, Rose

wow this is so cool- well done

• The Ravenclaw Dragon

This is a very cool concept. And the descriptions are very good. "I loved hearing them hum when I saw that diamond ball; it glittered faintly behind the leaves and the music had grown lyrical. I could feel the creaking of the branches." Keep on writing!

• Starlitskies

Wonderful use of imagery! There's melancholic beauty here! :)
    Re: Thank you so much for you comment on my piece! It really made my day! <3

• Rachaelgrace

This is so good! I love the descriptions you use and the premise. Awesome job!
    Re: thank you so much!