~wildflower~

15
Loves music, nature, poetry, emotive writing, thinking
Passionate about the environment
pianist, tall
•stranded amongst the stars any trying to work out the meaning of it all•
Joined April 2020

On a perpetual semi-hiatus

What do you think? Sometimes I’m not sure if the way that I divide up the lines in my poems creates the best flow, so any feedback on that (or anything else) would be great!

Lately I’ve been realising and embracing the possibilities of this world and my place in it, and at the same time I’ve been finding it increasingly difficult to stay focused when sitting in a classroom at school and to be content with where I am. This was sort of inspired by that feeling of wanting to do something more.

When you learn to listen to the call of the bigger things, the present begins to fade.

18
When you become enthralled 
in the wonder of possibility
and beckoned by the call of a world
that is unfurling before you eyes
focussing is an impossible feat.

When your ears learn to recognise
the subtle glint in the rhythm of the future
that is laced through the air you breathe
and plants a melody of dreams
in the drum of your beating heart
silence is but a memory.

When your eyes finally see the menagerie of colours
that huddle in the gaps between gravity
and are waiting to burst out at a single touch
just a breath away from your fingertip,
you can become isolated
in the greyscale of the ordinary
as you yearn for a different kind of weightlessness 
that waits beyond the boundaries of our world.

When you truly believe that you can make a difference,
there is no turning back.

And when you surrender to the lure of dreams
that swirl oceans within your mind,
all that you can do
is allow your feet to follow the currents
and trust that they’ll lead you 
where you’re meant to be.

• Minvra

It's things like these that makes me wonder. If I'm picking up my story or not. "When your eyes finally see the menagerie of colors/ that huddle in the gaps between gravity/ and are waiting to burst out at a single touch just a breath away..."
    Is breath taking. This piece is very relatable. Though personally for me, it feels like I'm a leaper. From energized determination to lowness to determination.

I love the hope in this! It really connects with me because I've been thinking about the future a lot recently.
    Re: thank you! I'm hoping to go to the university, but I got a scholarship to yet another one that is cheaper too, but I don't like as much because it is REALLY restrictive with Covid and makes you test twice a week and report your roommates for every little infraction (they literally say they have a "culture of reporting" which sounds Nazi-like to me). So it's a little hard.
    sorry for the word dump, lol

• Blue Jay

"When you truly believe that you can make a difference,
    there is no turning back."

This is very true, and I can totally relate

When you see a way to make a difference, you really are along for the ride and hope that you will find yourself along the way.

• ~timestamp~

This just made me feel so relaxed. I have no idea why, but the language you used had a certain lull to it that I just melted into.
    I adore this, wholeheartedly.

• Wisp

Replying: You're so very welcome for the comment ;) You're right, it is hard to express gratitude, but when it's there, it's better to give it than to keep it--after all, you might just make someone smile, and I'm glad it made you smile :)
    And you're honestly so sweet, your reply just made my morning and I can't help but keep the smile on my lips. All the best to you and I'll be sending my love as well! <3

• Wisp

Recently I hit a milestone of 103 followers and I wanted to say thank you to you. There's so much I want to express to you, especially since you were one of the most encouraging people there were towards my writing. You followed me when you were still Daisy + Sage and had your old profile picture of a whale (that took me forever to realize). You always seemed like such a kind and lovable person, and you truly truly are. ~wildflower~ every like and comment and that single follow you've given me just means so much, because I never believed I would get here, and being here--well, I have you to thank for that. You not only help me reach one of my far-fetched fantasies, but also gave me a gift of being able to be confident in my writing. It was just a simple click of a button to you, but ~wildflower~ it meant the world to me. So thank you so much for that, truly, it means a lot.
    (Also, I'm doing a dust jacket, so if you have any questions, send them my way!)

• Wisp

there is no turning back."
    "is allow your feet to follow the currents
    and trust that they’ll lead you
    where you’re meant to be."
    Ahh, the imagery in this is simply divine. I love how this piece flows and how everything comes together in such a beautiful manner. There's a comforting and tranquil aura in this that I just adore, and reading it feels so serene and peaceful, almost as if an embrace. There's so much emotion and rawness in this, and I cannot help but fall in love with it. Your writing is truly transcendent and I adore everything about it.

• birthdaycandles

beautiful <3

• Rachaelgrace

OH MY GOODNESS! This is so so so so good! I love it!! <3

• acrosstheuniverse28

Aaaaahhhh, I love this so much! All the imagery and metaphors are stunning, and I feel like the emotions and experiences conveyed in this piece are very relatable. Well done!

Re: Gahh you're so sweet <3

woah.... i am in awe.... the first stanza just drew me in and is so powerful and wonderful and all the other stanzas are just the imagery? phenomanel. and the last stanza blew me a way... this is such a joyous, wonderful, and beautiful poem i love it! thank you. <3<3<3

• journal.scribbles

Oh my gosh this poem is amazing! I think the line breaks in this piece are really effective in getting your ideas across to the reader, but it's completely up to you and the shape that feels right to you. "that huddle in the gaps between gravity" I love that line so much, and the ending just feels so perfect. Great piece! :D

Wow, this is amazing! You captured this feeling so well. I totally understand. I felt this the strongest right after I went back to school when my health improved, because I had gotten used to only doing things that fed my heart and soul, and then I suddenly had to get used to the crushing monotony of schoolwork I'll never need. Whoops, I just talked about myself longer than I intended to, sorry. This piece is too good to make all about me

• Starlitskies

Ooh I know what you're talking about! This has happened to me so many times. Its just that you're so ready to tackle the impossible that you lose interest in the ordinary present. This is a great poem and it flows wonderfully. :)