sunny.v

southeast asian baddie!!
wtw community’s official older sibling
running off into the sunset with circe
april 27, 2020 - march 2021

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
resident knight

i'm writing my first (?) informative piece soon, so por favor be on the lookout for that!

into the whale’s belly

12

and i am ever so gentle with you, so teach me how
to hold myself the same way. tethered steadfast to a boat in a whispering sea,
there is no rest, not for the wicked, not for a lone sailor like me. albatross eggshells that i tread upon, a threadbare testimony to transparency. when i leave, who waits? after i return, who bothered to stay? i am lost and i am trying to make my way home but what use is a home if it cannot recognize my face?

i am sorry that i cannot spill the words out proper, a mess made into method made into madness. but if you knew half the whispers that crawl through my veins, i really cannot imagine that you’d bother to stay. if i make myself vulnerable, i would hope you’d stay, but for myself, i wish that you’d look away.

uncap a canteen that holds a waterfall, but hope for rain droplets to wash down the bay.
but i’m afloat, i’m afloat, my head above water. a deal with the devil just to stay awake.

and things don’t have to be this way.
but they are.

so you forget your name. so you forget to pray.
-oh gross EMOTIONS,,,truly despicable. how dastardly and uncharacteristic of madame sunnyv. honestly, a changed woman.
-hope you've all been well! drink water, take deep breaths, commit treason against the state, get plenty of sleep and eat breakfast! <3 election season is quite stressful for all of us :(

• mindfruit

wow....this is so good! " a threadbare testimony to transparency" How do you write like this?
    Re: Yep, I'm Vietnamese! That's so cool that you're Vietnamese as well, we're kinda rare lol. Unfortunately, I've never learned the language (none of my relatives speak it fluently/regularly expect for my grandparents) but I'm nonetheless very proud of my heritage (like, isn't pho the greatest thing ever? ok maybe not the greatest but definitely up there). And I feel really stupid for asking, but what is chi?

• kiranpark

re: mmm ok sunny you can just keep telling yourself that :)

• sci-Fi

Re: YESSS TEXAS UNITE LETS GO BLUE!!!!! gosh darn it we just lost ohio... IT'S OKAY WE'VE GOT THIS

• lochnessie

OH SUNNY it makes my day when you publish something we are truly blessed at wtw :)
    best of.. hope? for the election! *mumbles* i mean i don't know who you support and i'm making assumptions not my place SHUSH ness okayyyy
    this is my third disaster comment in the past few days. "ness mess"
    1. anne trying to explain counties to me and me calling them baby draculas "countIE dracula?"
    2. fangirling over poor mirkat's poem and offering insights into my ridiculous train of thought completely sans punctuation
    3. this comment

re: awww your comment made my day--not the trump part *ew* but I'm so glad you liked my poem! as for me, I've been okay--absolutely SWAMPED with schoolwork, but still managing to keep my head up. We'll get through this somehow... I believe in us as a whole. We'll make it. But we do have a long road ahead of us.
    I wish I knew you irl because then I would invite you on a nice walk, a cup of tea, and a talk--but sadly, I cannot. My words will have to be warm enough to pass as tea. Would you like sugar?

Wow this is so incredible!! "uncap a canteen that holds a waterfall, but hope for rain droplets to wash down the bay." gah beautiful x 1,000,000

beauuuuuutiful <333 I love your work so much! the ending is stunning, it took my breath away <33
    Hope you're doing well, love :) so good to hear from you <3

GOSH this is incredible

wow. i am speechless. this! is! amazing! and beautiful and creative and oh so relatable! these lines hit me: "i am lost and i am trying to make my way home but what use is a home if it cannot recognize my face?" i feel this! and the last 2 stanzas..... stunning. as for your footnote.... emotions! blahmotions! it's ok lol! <3<3<3

• dead account

THE LANGAUGE YOU USE IN THIS PIECE IS SO MATURE, GOSH DARN, I LOVE IT.