Ibex

as in Presbyterian Church in America
Female
Writer
Novelist
Poet!
Reader
Ambivert or something
Band nerd + Drum Major
Planet Earth nerd
etc, etc
Joined September 10, 2019

Sometimes I tell stories. Most of the time I rattle my soul until I break and my heart spills out onto the page.

"I cannot jump the distance. You'll have to toss me!"--Gimli, LOTR

I am a complete nerd. I got the Ring of Power for my birthday.

Book recommendations:
The Oath--Frank E. Peretti
Lord of the Rings--J.R.R. Tolkien

Song recommendation: "Awake" by Beckah Shae

I'm going to meet the King someday!
And I'm super pumped!

i'm obsessed with my new book and can't write about anything else *cheers to a new series*

7

well i began a novel last week (not the one i published for the competition, the other one) and now i can't stop thinking about it. for now, it's called the adoption and will tell the story of several characters, all of whom experience some form or other of adoption. now, this whole book is based on a certain sequence of events that have affected my life in a million ways, and, well i'm in love with the ending i haven't even written yet. so here's an ode to the book to come and two of my major characters. (more poems like this one on the way)

something that came from my love of the adoption sequence i conjured up and the real version i can’t stop crying over
placing his hands on their foreheads, where the pink scars still pierced their skin, he murmured, “you are loved, you are mine, you are orphans no longer”
i have a story to tell, a story of two little ones orphaned and left to wolves:
the snakes waited in the brush to ambush you and sank their fangs into your ankles as you passed by, they’ve carved scars into your skin marking you as a worthless creature of wrath
undeserving hopeless irredeemable sin sin sinful no one will ever love you
they tell you to look in and remember the hatred that floods whatever’s left of your corpse, see your heart of stone and die, the hearts of snakes are better than yours
you were lost when he came to you pulled you from your deathbed they’re only sleeping
you cowered and hid your face hid the marks that distinguished you as what you were orphan worthless creature of wrath no one will ever love you
and indeed you aren’t worthy of this light
but the king loves you and he always has
he placed his palms on your foreheads and called you his own
healed your scars erased the memory of mortal blades from your mind
just think, the king loves us what did we ever do to deserve this?
you did not choose him, nor do you deserve his grace or his love or his mercy, he is a king you could not conjure from imagination or dream, he is nothing like your castles of stone or idols of gold, he is so much more than that
and if there was a choice between humanity and the stars he leaned down to earth
and he chose you
think of this, little one, when you fall into despair:
you’ve been given so much love your heart overflows
and you can’t do anything but stand and cup your hands beneath the waterfall
watch your palms fill to the brim until you can’t hold or imagine any more
and yet still the flows keeps driving into you healing your tired soul
if you’re a desert then this is the ocean and the sky unleashes its power on you without hesitation pressing the unending rain into your dry skin, you’re not dry anymore
never forget that sign you bear every day around your neck reminding you of all that’s happened all the love that’s showered you
on days when the snakes hold you down and you can hardly breathe think of him who died to set you free, did he not strike your assailant on that night and end his reign
one day you’ll make the journey home as all before you have rest in his halls and you shall never be alone

• ~Zoe N~

re: YOUR LISTENING TO CHRISTMAS MUSIC TOO!!! :) Finally, someone else that listens to Christmas music as soon as Halloween is over, yes wow :)

• Rachaelgrace (hiatus) :)

I love this! The allegories are awesome :)

• doodleninja

beautiful little poetry and I love the christian allegorical tie-ins ;) <3 (I've always loved the concept of adoption, especially the biblical aspect of it)

• dead account

I totally get this feeling.