seaomelette

United Arab Emirates

Heyo! I’m Lauren, a high school sophomore who loves reading too many fantasy novel series, listening to music, and eating a probably unhealthy amount of ice cream.

I love helping other writers! Just comment a piece you'd like to be reviewed on and I'll reply shortly. (*^▽^*)

An Autumnal Evening

Briiiiiiiiing…briiiiiiiiing. Sadie pedaled furiously, her fingers cramped and scurrying on her bicycle bell as if her life depended on it. Like a festive streamer, her hair whipped in the wind behind her, closely accompanied by her woolen scarf, its crimson tassels flipping determinedly. Pedestrians and dogs alike ducked out of her frenetic path, only mildly comforted by Sadie’s blurted apologies, which were near-immediately swallowed by wind. It was October, and the trees lining the path seemed awash in flame. The cool breeze, flavored with the crackling scent of marshmallows and bonfires and dry leaves, swept through windows, wound into gaps in sweater buttons and jacket zippers, set foliage underfoot to dancing and whirling along the streets. The leaves were everywhere, beaming in shades of amber and umber and gold and vermilion and red, as if vivid flames had swallowed the ground and were inching upwards into the sky. A sunset was melting across the horizon, in pastel peony, honey, and lavender. The dwindling sunlight shone through the wispy clouds like a demure goddess behind a silken screen, and the glowing threads wove above in a blossoming fan of color. Yet, winter was arriving slowly, winding its frosty fingers and breathing softly in icy tendrils between the torrent of leaves. This coldness Sadie felt as she leapt off her bicycle and dropped its battered stand. But she was red-cheeked, smiling, panting lacy trails into the chilled air. Pulling a crumpled letter out of her book duffel, she raced up the library steps and rushed through the door, up to the front desk framed by shelves upon shelves of well-cared-for volumes.

“Mrs. Henderson! I got in!!”

1

• Book Kitten

Congrats on Wednesday words!!!!!

• Jj101

Wow!!! I love this so much!! All the description and imagery is simply....wow. Like everyone else said, Congrats!! *Confetti*

• wavewriter

Awesome job! I would love to see this continued into a longer story. Congrats on being featured!!

• Coeur

Wow, this is amazing! Congratulations :)

Wow! The descriptions!!! They are CRAZY AWESOME!!! Congrats :D

I love this! There's a lot of energy and beautiful descriptions. Congrats on the feature!

• ~wildflower~

Amazing! Congratulations! A well deserved feature :)

CONGRATS on Wednesday words!!! This piece is amazing and really does set a perfect image/tone. You are a very talented writer and i was so excited to see your name be featured!

Wow, this is so so good!! Congrats on being featured!

• Minvra

I didn't know a good portion of how to use these words/its existence. Now I do. I could just imagine the scene.

• Tula.S

This is just fantastic. It flows so well and that last line leaves the reader clinging on to the piece. Love it and congratulaciones <3

• hold on to the memories #NEWYEAR [slightly hiatus]

Ahhh the imagery in this is dreamy and comforting. Congrats!

Congrats on Wednesday Words!! Great reading too :)

• sci-Fi [kinda-sorta-maybe hiatus]

Congrats on Wednesday Words!!!!