katnissromanoff

The things I did, just so I could call you mine

ENFP-T

"Thank you for your consideration." - Katniss Everdeen

"I don't judge people on their worst mistakes." - Natasha Romanoff

This is a pretty weird idea, but hey, I thought why not give it a try? :)

Also, title suggestions?

Stars

10
    She stood at the edge of the sea, staring at the vast ocean. Her long brown hair flew in the wind. "What are you thinking right now?" her angelic, shallow voice rang out as she spoke.
    "What?" Orion asked from behind her.
    "What are you thinking right now?"
    "I'm not following," he grunted. "You're a weird one, you know that right?"
    "I find that labeling people does nothing except gives them moral boundaries," Virgo vaguely explained. "The ocean makes me calm, and makes me think about joy and clouds."
    Orion laughed his deep, bellowing laugh. "The ocean makes me think of hunting. Hunting fish to be more specific."
    "That fits you, I assumed you would say something along those lines," Virgo seemed amused by his answer.
    "Catch!" Hercules shouted. Orion shot up his hands, ready to catch the poor crab that Hercules was preparing to throw.
    "Don't throw Cancer!" Virgo commanded, though as calmly as someone could command such a thing. "The poor crab never did anything to you." With that, Virgo lifted up her hand, and the crab floated to her. She cupped it in her hand and quietly soothed it.
    "You're ruining all of the fun!" Hercules yelled. 
    "I am just helping this poor creature," she said and continued to pet Cancer.
    "This is ridiculous," Orion muttered. "Hercules, follow me. Let's find something else to throw. Or kill." The two men walked off.
    "What's going on?" Andromeda came striding in from down the coast. "Are they hurting that poor crab again?"
    "Yes," Virgo answered. 
    "They were throwing Cancer? Are they still?" Perseus, Andromeda's husband asked.
    "No, darling," Andromeda answered, "Virgo is cradling him right now."
    "Oh." Perseus thick beard covered most of his face, though when Virgo last saw him, she remembered him having no beard at all. Andromeda's beauty was incomparable, as she took after her mother very much. Virgo often felt bad for poor Casseopia, for her punishment was a result for her boasting about her above average beauty. Andromeda, unlike her mother, was a very humble and outgoing person.
    "Do you know where they went?" Andromeda asked.
    "Who?" Virgo wanted to clarify.
    "Hercules and Orion."
    "Ah, they went to the forest. Orion wanted to find something to kill."
    "They don't call him the hunter for nothing," Andromeda laughed, her laugh was the opposite of Orion's.
    "You are correct," Perseus agreed with his wife and they walked towards to woods, presumably looking for Orion and Hercules.
    "How are you doing, little crab?" Virgo asked Cancer. He gave a look of relief, but discomfort. Virgo, knowing exactly what he was thinking, replied, "I know they were mean to you, but you are safe now. Out of curiosity, did you ever do anything to harm them?" Cancer gave a mischievous grin and Virgo laughed. "It's okay though, you did nothing compared to what they have put you through."
    She continued to hug the creature and held him close to her, easing his pain. 
This story idea was one that popped into my head a few months ago when I told my brother that I was dating the constellation, Orion (don't ask, I honestly don't know the answer). Anyway, I kind of thought that it would be a cool thing to think about if constellations were real people, though, at the same time, it's really weird. I gave the constellations different personalities that I thought fit them, though that was only based on their name and how I pictured them. I kind of pictured Orion as Chris Hemsworth, and I really don't know why. Tell me your thoughts about the personalities I gave to the constellations in the comments! I would love any ideas of how to improve or add on. Also, should I expand this story?

• Rachaelgrace

Wow this is awesome :)

• A. Penderwick

This is so cool! I don't know much about constellations, but it's very intriguing.

• Just_A_Memory

Haha! This had me laughing. I'm a cancer, so like.... WHY WOULD YOU ------------ HSJLHDFUISDVUIHSDFULI!!!

• almost flora kane

so cool to see the constellations reimagined in this way. i would love to read more!

woah, what a clever idea! haha! you should continue. <3<3

• Jason_claire :)

I love this, the idea is so creative and new. The characters seemed perfectly described, and the setting was written so well. I'd read more of this :)

• Tula.S

love this. you really establish a sense of setting from the first moment, making it really easy to envision the characters and their surroundings. beautiful.