Stone of Jade

~ 17 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
one half of the locket

Hi! You found my page! Just that fact means a lot <3
I mainly write fiction and short stories, but I am trying my hand at poetry, which I am LOVING! I take inspiration from the world around me <3

Read some of my work if you are so inclined! I always want to hear ways to improve! Thanks! :)

ongoing dystopian novel: Traitors and Rebels
Find the links to chapters 1-30 here:
https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/free_writing/218916/versions/457602

~~
"He looked as if he'd just galloped out of the pages of a novel."

"All the great stories are about unrequited love."

"Perhaps love unfolds out of a burgeoning friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slips from its green sheath."

more than just a friend

14
He is someone who is my friend.
Someone I can be myself around,
where I am unafraid or embarrassed.
Someone who I don't need to impress,
or change my image for.

He is the one who joins in on the stupid games or contests made in the moment.
Where we find little things to keep us busy, 
like catching minnows,
or making paper airplanes,
teaming up in Among Us.

He is the one where we focus on building the friendship first,
not worrying about the relationship that may or may not follow.

He is the one who I have liked for years. 
Even when I thought I liked someone else,
my feelings for him were still there.
He is the one who has liked me for years.
Liked me through my ups and downs,
just as I have liked him through his.

He is the one who I am growing up with. 
Learning to drive at the same time, 
working through the joys of failing geometry.

He is my friend. 
The one who I can tease,
who I can laugh with.
He is the one who teases me mercilessly,
yet always makes sure I know he is joking.

He is someone who is more than just my friend. 
The inspiration for this was taken from a friend I have in real life. I have wanted to write something like this for a few days after I saw Lydia Ledy's prompt, but never found the right words. Today he said something about me and the rest of the words suddenly hit. A few of my other poems are inspired by him too :)

The prompt for this piece was inspired by both Lydia Ledy and katnissromanoff. Here are the links to their pieces--check them out, they are super sweet. 

katnissromanoff: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/199277/version/406467
Lydia Ledy: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/199250/version/406398

• dream02

Reminds me of my best guy friend. Only he's made it clear he don't like me so *shrugs* oh well

• dream02

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

What's among us? a game?

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

Re: i know what you mean... it's funny because i was just talking to him this morning about... us, i guess. he brought it up, which was kind of nice. anyway we were both like, we're not ready for anything more than friends. we work well as friends.
    also, I LOVED YOUR HIGH SEAS PIECE! I submitted a review this morning. I'm still thinking of title ideas, but i like something with High Seas in it. Unless you want something more whimsical and fun, like "Scoundrels, Scalawags, and Sails" or something like that. idk. anyway, i want more of tallis and ladell! btw those are really cool names

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

Aw, I related soooo much to this! I've got a guy friend a lot like this, and I didn't know anyone else who did. He sounds awesome. Tell me more?
    Re: kind of a re, I guess... I was going to comment this on your High Seas piece, but this caught my eye. Anyway, I've started the review and hope to finish tomorrow! I won't say anymore, but... three cheers for pirates!

• chasing sunsets

Cute ;)

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

Sweet! Who is he?

• Huba Huba

Re: Thank you so much for the follow and comments, they're so encouraging! :)

Aw, lucky you! This is so sweet :)

This is awesome! Love it! <333

• dead account

re: yeah, i love among us. i always somehow end up getting killed, tho ;-;

• Huba Huba

Awh this piece is soooooooooooo sweet! If this is true, I'm happy for you for finding someone like that.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aw thank you and you’re welcome! I’m glad it encouraged you! Also, thank you, I wasn’t a huge fan of Ballad either (the characters were kinda crooked for my liking....) but I wanted to tie that in because I thought I’d be interesting. So thank you again!

• books4life

SOOOOOOO CUTE I CANT EVEN SPEAKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

AWWW this is so cuteeee I can't even explain!!!!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Chapter 17 is out!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHH (yes I did just muffle a scream irl) this is so cuuuuute and ALSLKDJSF I'm incoherent because I love it

• katnissromanoff

Wow. This is so amazing. I relate to so many of the lines in it, especially the one about thinking you like someone else, though your feelings for them were still there. I thought this was such a fantastic piece. And I'm so glad I could inspire you, the recognition was so sweet, thank you. :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

This is I think my favorite piece you’ve written (besides the chapters of Traitors and Rebels!) This is AHHHHHH IT IS AMAZING AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!! It’s so sweet!!! I’m so happy for you that you have a friend like that!

• Kate (Kit-Kat Sully) {Child of God}

Replying: Huh. Ok, yes, that's a bit clearer. Thanks for explaining! Also, is this about a person in the 21-century, or...'
    Sorry for bothering you with questions. XD