anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (rosi)

Child of God
logophile
athletic nerd

Female
Soph.

republishing for more circulation with some random poetic lines thrown in
love y'all

#dreams of autumn (footnotes/message box—new username challenge!)

3
autumn, darlings—
ponder it
autumn
delightful word, isn't it?
autumn
delightful season, isn't it?

i think 
perhaps
definitely
i'm more in love with the idea of 
autumn
rather than the reality of
autumn

the aestheticism
the concepts
the lattes and tea and coffee
the cozy fireplace
the fireside chats
the beanies
the flannels
the dresses with boots
the crisp morning air
the amber-gold of the moon through haze
created by decaying leaves
the spices and smells
the crackling logs 
crunch, crunch of leaves.

the Books
musty aroma of worn pages
permeating the rough-hewn bookshelves
turn the yellowing pages by firelight
immerse yourself in the black ink of long-past plots

but who can forget the spectacular display
that God bestows upon nature?
dazzling—how can these hues be real?
    vermilion
        scarlet
            goldenrod
                mustard
                    amber
                        sepia
                            umber
                                flaming
                                    maroon
                                        dusk
                                            leaves.
how i long to be on the east coast 
for autumn
the great smoky mountains
how can we be blessed to see such wonders?

unless you're colorblind
then autumn
is a veritable nightmare.

update of 11.3.20: felt like adding to this, mostly to republish it to recirculate it more. <3 i know, it's spring in the southern hemisphere. And there aren't really seasons near the equator. love y'all, stay safe, life is still good.
update as of 11.1.20: I just received an email from WtW asking me to take this down because of how I inserted the link at the bottom, so hopefully now it is viewed as a source for the quoted material and not an external link. 

The only reason I started out to write this was to announce a new username challenge: #dreams of autumn. But I do love the ideas of autumn more than the season itself, and it became something straight from the heart. I really, really, want to see the east coast in full autumn color. And one of my best friends is colorblind, and that's why he finds it hard to appreciate the turning of the leaves.
Anyway, I decided that I'm going to change my username every month/season, depending on how I feel. Feel free to join in! Pick your favorite thing (or two or three or ten) about autumn for your username, and hashtag it "dreams of autumn." (Hashtag it? Is that what you say?) 
If enough people join in, I'll post a poem with some shout-outs. Three cheers for autumn and the beauty of seasons!
BTW, anemoia is one of my favorite words, and it just screams autumn to me. Because I associate nostalgia and wistfulness with autumn (is that just me?), anemoia just fits.
Here's the definition: "anemoia - n. nostalgia for a time you’ve never known. Imagine stepping through the frame into a sepia-tinted haze, where you could sit on the side of the road and watch the locals passing by. Who lived and died before any of us arrived here, who sleep in some of the same houses we do, who look up at the same moon, who breathe the same air, feel the same blood in their veins—and live in a completely different world."
Definition sourced from: https://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/

• Rachaelgrace

Super good! :) Also I have no idea how I wasn't following you before! Now it's fixed haha.

• JustAnotherDarling

every single word from the colors to the descriptions of autumn are literally sO gorgeous! you've reminded me again my autumn is my favorite season :)
    and i love your new username, by the way... it has its own aesthetic and i love it!!
    Re: thank you :) your comment is so sweet and made my day <3

Re: Oh good! (Sheesh all of these comments have started with an exclamation lol) Hold up... It's possible to not want ice cream? What an interesting life. Oh and btw my brother and dad made scones so obviously it's a sign you should too. Well, goodnight! Dream of unclean eating!

Re: Oh, that's pretty cool! I just realized that I made it sound as if normal schooling was totally inferior. Not my intention at all. I just personally would have a really hard time in that setting. I hope you get to have your cake and eat it too! ;P <3

Re: Oh no worries! I've just gone to "weird" schools exclusively. I've gone back and forth between a k-8 with only 100 kids, an arts charter, and a sorta-homeschool-sorta-not (currently at the last one). None of them had homecoming and had basically no sports presence lol. My school rn doesn't even have a prom! But from what I've heard about "normal" schools, I'm actually really lucky.

• Rose A(hiatus)

Realized I put your name in my bio without permission. Is that all alright? If not, I'll take it off. It's your current name.

Re: Ooh so cute!! The amount of football-related things at the end though... Homecoming? Funny that you assume I've ever gone to a normal school that has that XD. Anyway, I think I've decided but I may chicken out and not do it at all lol.

• dead account

RE: HOLY CRAP. I didn't notice.