anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (says rosi willard)

Child of God
logophile
volleyballer

Female

update as of 11.1.20: I just received an email from WtW asking me to take this down because of how I inserted the link at the bottom, so hopefully now it is viewed as a source for the quoted material and not an external link.

The only reason I started out to write this was to announce a new username challenge: #dreams of autumn. But I do love the ideas of autumn more than the season itself, and it became something straight from the heart. I really, really, want to see the east coast in full autumn color. And one of my best friends is colorblind, and that's why he finds it hard to appreciate the turning of the leaves.
Anyway, I decided that I'm going to change my username every month/season, depending on how I feel. Feel free to join in! Pick your favorite thing (or two or three or ten) about autumn for your username, and hashtag it "dreams of autumn." (Hashtag it? Is that what you say?)
If enough people join in, I'll post a poem with some shout-outs. Three cheers for autumn and the beauty of seasons!

#dreams of autumn (footnotes/message box—new username challenge!)

6
autumn
delightful word, isn't it?
autumn
delightful season, isn't it?

i think 
perhaps
i'm more in love with the idea of 
autumn
rather than the reality of
autumn

the aestheticism
the concepts
the lattes and tea and coffee
the cozy fireplace
the fireside chats
the beanies
the flannels
the dresses with boots

the Books
musty aroma of worn pages
permeating the rough-hewn bookshelves
turn the yellowing pages by firelight
immerse yourself in the black ink of long-past plots

but who can forget the spectacular display
that God bestows upon nature?
dazzling—how can these hues be real?
    vermilion
        scarlet
            goldenrod
                mustard
                    amber
                        sepia
                            umber
                                flaming
                                    maroon
                                        dusk
                                            leaves.
how i long to be on the east coast 
for autumn
the great smoky mountains
how can we be blessed to see such wonders?

unless you're colorblind
then autumn
is a veritable nightmare.

BTW, anemoia is one of my favorite words, and it just screams autumn to me. Because I associate nostalgia and wistfulness with autumn (is that just me?), anemoia just fits.
Here's the definition: "anemoia - n. nostalgia for a time you’ve never known. Imagine stepping through the frame into a sepia-tinted haze, where you could sit on the side of the road and watch the locals passing by. Who lived and died before any of us arrived here, who sleep in some of the same houses we do, who look up at the same moon, who breathe the same air, feel the same blood in their veins—and live in a completely different world."
Definition sourced from: https://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/

re: why didn't i think of that!? ok, it's in my message box! thanks! <3

re: yeah... so i loved my name and then i felt like i was mirkat and i swaer i was gonna let you know i changed my mind! sorry bout that! i'm just gonna be mirkat for now. <3<3<3

Re: I like meaningful pop, a bit of musical theater, some country, and even a little kpop. Oh yeah, peppermint, caramel, and chocolate are where it's at. Ah cool cool! We haven't had too many power shutoffs, but we've had ash raining down from the sky.
    Lol I've deleted and added and rearranged and rephrased a billion times. I'm totally down for suggestions! I love naming things, but for some reason I've been off my game lately.

• Rose A(hiatus)

arghhhhh why can't i remember my password? stupid forgetfulness. One of these days I'll remember... then forget again. This is a nice poem and a nice hashtag name.

Re: Yesss that's such a great song. Tenille Townes is pretty cool; I love The Most Beautiful Things. I'm sort of a squirrel with my music; I get super obsessed with one or two things, move on for a bit, come back to the best things... so to some people, I'm a "fake fan", but I'm really just an indecisive one lol.
    My dad and brother bought pumpkin ice cream the other day, and it was the most disgusting thing ever. I can't believe they like it (and they mixed gross eggnog with it too). I'm in NorCal too, but not so far that we get "real" winters. Snow is laughable here. It just does not happen. My favorite type of weather is warm and slightly breezy spring, but I'll take 90-100 over freezing cold any day. About the name... I literally don't have room in my bio or message board because I've already crammed so much stuff into them XD. I'd consider just adding it to the end of my username, but I don't have any ideas anyway.

• LaurenBeeWrites

Re: Thx for the support! (grungy 4 life) lol! beautiful poem btw

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

Autumn is so pretty! I live in Florida, so autumn is just a slightly colder summer, but I went to Virginia to visit friends a few years ago, and it was this month. So we got to see real fall leaves!

Ack this makes me long for autumn. I've never been one to go crazy over pumpkin spice (blech) or even fall leaves, but California is having a never-ending sorta summer, and I'm kinda over it at this point.
    Since my username is an actual name, idk how I'd do this challenge, plus I'm drawing a blank as to what I'd change it to... maybe I'll add something to the end? I'll think about it.

Re: Aww thank you for your awesomely long comment! Okay now I wanna be a llama farmer XD. Oooh Danielle Bradbury is great and so is that song! Now imma go relisten to it. If you like that, you'll love Half of my Hometown by Kelsea Ballerini and maybe Three by Lauren Alaina.
    Yesss sonder is amazing; I love the Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows. Thanks again!!

• dead account

ahhhhhhh- the way you formatted this piece made my day. i like your username, by the way.

• acrosstheuniverse28

Re: You're welcome! Oooh, I'm jealous there are still leaves where you are; most of the leaves have already fallen where I am, but that's good news in a way because I love walking along the sidewalk and crunching them! ;)

• AJ - Izzy

I am in awe. Absolutely stunning poem, the imagery is perfection... I can smell it! How?? I can smell autumn, and feel it, that's how amazing it is :D
    That sounds like a cool challenge! Just to clarify, you change your username every month/season, to reflect how you feel, but it relates to autumn?
    Again, amazing piece <3