V-Rose

15
Proud Catholic
House Augustine!
Writer/Reader
Coffee Addict
Lioness

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

Queen of the zombies
Ruler of the apocalyptic world
Slightly obsessed with dragons

Rohan's Defender's twin/cousin/sister/cognate

PROMPT BELOW!
If you find inspiration with this, let me know. I would love to see what you guys do.
Prompt:

Half the names on the list had already been crossed off.

Check out Rohan's Defender and Coolgirl! Honestly, these are some of the most awesome people ever! And they write beautifully! Also, books4life is working on an HG fanfic and you NEED to go read it!

Also, if you need someone to rant to... I'm right here, ready to listen. And if you ever need someone to do a review, I'm here. And if you need a hug, I've got a few of those, too.

LMK if you'd like to be updated on any of my series.

Odd Little Me Spewing Words

11
Me: Perhaps we're going to play a game for P.E.?

Bethany: No one says perhaps. It's weird.

Me: . . .

I love the word 'perhaps'. It's so fun but formal but abnormal. This happened four or five years ago and it still bugs me a lot. Or people will tell me that liking reading is weird. Liking school is weird. Drinking black coffee is weird.

But the thing is, I'm weird and it's not something I can change.

I'm strange because I like reading but I also get along with almost all people. I'm not shy. But I choose books over people on a regular basis. I don't really talk about boys with other kids, either. I'd like to, but they know almost nothing about the boys I read about. I also don't like talking too much because I feel like I'm overdoing it and I'm a bother. It's the reason I usually won't start a conversation intentionally.

So, yeah, feeling a little strange.

Talking to myself makes it weirder but, really, I'm just talking to my guardian angel. Which is also considered weird. Most people don't have an 'imaginary' friend at fourteen, but...

Well, that's all. Just odd little me spewing words.

• November 1, 2020 - 6:23am (Now Viewing)

Re- Part five is out! Thank you for reading!! Lots of love :)

Well PERHAPS everyone else is weird and you're the normal one XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

This is beautiful and SO relatable!! If you’re weird, than I want to be weird! (Actually I already am, so....) But you know what I mean! You’re an amazing friend, writer, student, reader, district 12 rebel (sorry I had to), and so many other things!! And “perhaps” is a great word that I use too! This is fantastic!
    Re: thank you! She said “the biggest slumber party I ever went to had like four girls there, and that’s the only one I’ve ever been to.”

This is me! I love writing and that's so weird to people... I don't get it.
    re- Thank you so so soooo much!!! I will be sure to do so!

• Rachaelgrace

Oh my goodness I get this so much. When I was in second grade I used the word perhaps and got made fun of for a week afterwards haha. Also I really love your profile picture and the Benjamin Franklin quote! It’s awesome :)

• brioooche

I really connected with this!
    Re: I did not think about Loyalty being connected to D and B, but I like that idea. It might just happen.

Okay: Typo, it's supposed to be yourself.

Also, I love school tok, and I don't get why people find that bad! I just think we're unique, not abnormal in any way. And if what I learnt is true, I'd much rather be the coal in between the diamonds, because it stands out :)

I relate to this so much! Like, I love using perhaps, and even words like confer are part of my dictionary of regularly used words. I get the talking to youself stuff too, it's actually quite healthy to do so. And the boys too! All my friends want to do is talk about boys, and I'm like, why? (No offence to any guy who reads this) Even if I wanted to talk about guys, I'd much rather talk about Laurie or Neville over that random dude you bumped into in the hallway.

• anvivarma

i totally understand! people just find certain things weird when you grow up because they think to be "cool" they have to adhere to societal norms. or they have to follow the crowd. that's why you see kids change all of a sudden from middle to high school. honestly, we're all trying to find ourselves at that point, but some kids think they need to have themselves completely figured out. and it's totally okay to be different, because everyone has a different path. so you're not weird or strange, everyone enjoys different things. you're yourself, and that's better than anything else!

• books4life

WHY IS THIS MY CURRENT MOOOD ALWAYS!!!! i love books like a lot (hence username). and people in my school, idk why though, actually have been around me long enough to know that if you need a book recommendation or a summary of our latest in class novel, i'm your girl. They kind of respect my book addiction because i guess i've proved to be useful haha and people are always kind of impressed. *shrugs*

sorry this comment is so long, this post was just so relatable. and i echo the words from starlitskies. YOU ARE A QUEEEN SIS, SO PICK UP YOUR CROWN! :) have a great day

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

Re: i don't think we can. i don't think there is any such thing as normal, you know? also, everything starlitskies said.

• Starlitskies

You know what V-Rose? You should be proud of who you are. Just because people add negative meanings to those words it doesn't mean they are. It just means you stand out and that's not 'weird', 'strange' or 'odd', that's beautiful. And 'perhaps', that's what makes you the lovely person you are. :)
    Also keep talking to yourself, cos the prose you create then is simply stunning.
    Love the line "but they know almost nothing about the boys I read about."

And this is just odd little me enjoying this and supporting your weirdness

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

Wow. I felt this hit hard. Perhaps is such a lovely word. (Lovely is another word that people don't say enough, at least in my area of the US, and people think it's weird.) But as Anne says in Anne of Green Gables, "People laugh at me because I use big words. But if you have big ideas, you have to use big words to express them, haven't you?"
    I love reading. I like school and would rather go to school than not. I can stomach black coffee if I'm desperate XD. But I also really like people, and friends, and interacting, and talking. (I talk waaaay too much, and I overwrite and ramble too. As you can see.) So while not everything in here resonates with me, a lot of it does. Some people will always be considered weird by others, but normal is overrated, don't you think?