AJ - Izzy

How to write all of me in less than 10 seconds?

Hmm, let me think... how about DREAMER?

Yup. That works.

"It always seems to me as if the lavender was a little woman in a green dress, with a lavender bonnet and a white kerchief. She's one of those strong, sweet, wholesome people, who always rest you, and her sweetness lingers long after she goes away."
- Myrtle Reed
I'm praying for her, she's constantly on my mind. Any prayers for her happiness would be worth more than you can know. Thank you <3

Lavender Girl

23
Blossoming purple petals, catch the misty light
Aromas of calm as the soft puff of breath escapes my lips
Hands shaking, body trembling,
Chest rising and falling,
Feeble attempts dispel the monster in my mind.

Lavender girl, she gazes up at the stars
Curled up on the floor, hugs on her knees
She gazes up at the stars
Tears falling
Mauve fragrance holding keeps her grounded.

Withering pink petals, teardrops wistfully rolling off its weighted shoulders
My warrior, soldier perfume, at death's door
Monster growling, growing, sneering
Girl fading, falling, breaking
Lavender slipping from her grasp.
Lavender flowers keep my friend grounded; their delicate aroma is truly life-saving. This amazing girl's a lavender herself; kind, soft, sweet, and strongest damn girl I know. Some things are so small, so simple and precious, that we don't realize they're the very thing that deserve our undying gratitude the most. 

2

• crystalline•galaxies

re: oh wait, i just saw your second comment. so sorry about that!

• crystalline•galaxies

this is so fantastic! your imagery is vivid and so very intriguing.
    re: thank you so much for your kind comment! the piece, however, wasn't about an actual friend of mine, but about myself (the footnotes explain it just a little bit more). i'm so glad you liked it, though!

• Rose A(hiatus)

This is so beautiful! And now I want some lavender. I don't care what it is.
    Re: 3rd grader decided to do my makeup. Blush and lip gloss. She used the blush as eyeshadow many times. MANY, MANY, MANY times.

• barelybear

This is so beautiful <3
    I wish all the best for you and for your friend - the scent of lavender has a way of clinging on no matter what so I have faith in her too

• acrosstheuniverse28

Goodness, I can't begin to describe how beautiful I found this! Simply stunning! <3

This is gorgeous! I love lavender flowers, and you really highlight them in a way that showcases their fragrance and simple beauty. I will pray for your friend too.

this is beautiful so so so so so beautiful <333 wow. Simply stunning and heart-wrenching!!!

• journal.scribbles

Wow oh my gosh this poem is so beautiful! The imagery is absolutely amazing. I could smell the lavender as I read this. And your footnotes are beautiful as well. I really hope you show this to your friend.

Oh wow this is so beautiful!

• avocados are the best (fight me)

this is sooooo good, I can't describe. for a writer, I'm really bad at putting my thoughts into words. also, I'm in awe that you even made the footnote beautiful. like how????

• Starcatcher

sooo cute!

wow, this is soooo powerful and i love it! <3