Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters

Dating Kristoff? He's got a reindeer, a good sense of self... He's got it all.

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

Sonderous Noise

17

People say it's a small world
It seems so incredibly vast to me
My town isn't that big
But it still holds thousands of people
That I've never known

I want to slow everything down
Make the planet spin more gently
Meet every person from the inside out
Hold their hearts in my hands
And release them out into the sky

I think this world is the loudest thing
Billions of flames marching endlessly
I wonder what would happen
If for one moment we simply let our souls
Whisper
I wrote this last night after thinking about where everyone in my town (more like my "group of counties", but that probably makes no sense unless you've lived here) will end up in life.

• October 31, 2020 - 12:03am (Now Viewing)

• Rachaelgrace

This is really well done! I love the title and the topic :)
    Re: Oh yeah, those are all good ones! Stitches is my favorite I think :)
    Yes! The poem is really about my house and room. I think it was built in the 1920s back when where I live was mostly farmland. Hehe, when it comes to “suitors” we all have our funny situations. Right now my youngest sister (whose in 5th grade) has 4 different boys who like her, and they come ding dong ditching at our house sometimes lol. As for me, there’s a boy in my French class who keeps on inviting me to do stuff with him haha. I have yet to say yes XD

wow anne,you have such an abstract and creative mind,its so beautiful.just your thoughts that you display in your poetry are so creative.its mind boggling:)
    also sorry i havent been active lately,its exam weeks so not alot of time.but i try to squeeze you in;)<3

Re: no, no, you didn't come across rude or anything. and i decided against the cake because i realized it wasn't what i wanted. so i had ice cream. but that wasn't what i wanted either, so now i'm smad. and i really need to get back on track w/clean eating, but it's so hard when there's stuff in the house... but now i wanna make scones or choc. chip cookies. *facepalms* well, good night!

Re: different environments definitely suit different people but i love interacting and watching all the different people i encounter at my school. even tho my elementary had about 1000 kids, my class was maybe 80, and i'd grown up with at least half of them. so it felt really nice to break out of that and go to a big hs (1300-1400 students). i still see a lot of the same people, but the difference is, we don't have to talk to each other. in a small group, we kinda had no choice. there's just so much expression and life and i guess... well, i wouldn't trade it for anything. homecoming last year was sort of lame and cold, but i do hope for a fairytale-like prom. because i'm a hopeless romantic. XD and now i'm going to go search through dozens of mug cake recipes because i developed a craving...

Re: glad you liked the list, it was fun for me too. Sorry, I didn’t mean to assume... private school, charter, or homeschooled? Or something else? And I’m not really a football person but I love the atmosphere and the idea, I guess.

Re: ok, here are some autumnal ideas just for fun:
    Tea
    Apples
    Laughter
    Warmth
    Cozy/coziness
    Fireplace
    Logs crackling
    Crunchy leaves
    Harvest moon
    Harvest
    Golden wheat fields
    Dusky skies
    Crisp air
    Apple pie
    Sweaters
    Beanies
    Cardigans
    Earth tones
    Rich hues
    Rust and mustard yellow
    Nostalgia
    Books
    Vintage books
    Old libraries
    Small towns
    Used bookstores
    Cafes
    Journaling
    Writing (esp in cafes!)
    Spices
    Cinnamon
    Pumpkins
    Gourds
    Change
    Lattes
    Mochas
    Coffee in general
    Memories
    Turkey
    Family
    Gratitude
    Contentedness
    Pie
    Fresh baked Bread
    Football on tv
    HS Football games
    Home teams and touchdowns
    Homecoming dance
    Ok that’s all I got

Re: ok, i'm gonna get back to you, because i like talking w/you and more music and food and writing and seasons talk is in the future! but tomorrow. because i'm gonna go watch our family tv show with my parents. we've gone through four series together so far, all on dvd, older tv shows usually. we start season 4 of golden girls tonight! so ttyt :)

Re: wow, sounds like we have a lot in common! yeah, i flit around between music. i'm always game for contemporary worship/christian pop/gospel, and country, but i've gotten back into t swift and i love indie folk-pop-alt. and i rarely get into one band/artist. and at least half of tenille's songs make me cry.
    yeah, i'm not an eggnog fan either. but peppermint stuff? caramel anything? chocolate? oh yeah. we occasionally get snow because we're right around 1200-1500 ft, i think, but we're between the main city and the small mountain town which gets a ton of snow. it's kind of the best of both worlds. yeah, warm and slightly breezy is just so nice. but not too windy, we don't want another power shutoff! (i'm sure you've endured lots of those. and rolling blackouts. and horrifying fires. and smoky days with air quality around 200.)
    i know, i never feel like i have enough room because i'm always overwriting! i hate having to delete stuff, but i figure that people who get to know me will know a lot of these things eventually. and i could help you with the autumn username, but it seems like something more personal. so if you want some ideas, just lmk. ;)

Re: ok, trying to remember to reply to every part... yes, i really like kelsea ballerini's music. "high school" is also a deep one. (i recommend tenille townes for a unique country voice with deep and heartfelt lyrics, btw.) i'll have to listen to "three"; I've heard some of lauren alaina (road less traveled, doing fine, ladies from the 90s, one beer), but not a lot. and you're welcome! anytime.
    i want to like pumpkin spice, and it's not bad, but i do not like pumpkin pie at all. and yeah, i'm in cali (way north, tho), so i know what you mean. it was 80 today at my house and this weekend there's a chance of snow down to 1000 feet (which could mean me! but prob not.) i personally love the hot weather, like 90s-100, but i also really love having different seasons and not all warm weather. maybe for the username, put it in your bio/message box? that's what some people do.

I do know what you mean about "group of counties" since that's sort of like my area too, although when i think hometown i think one county in particular. but i do ponder this a lot, and it's so interesting to imagine, but sometimes sad. I was just thinking about this cocky, arrogant (redundant, but for a reason) basketball player who I haven't seen in a year or so, but one of my friends mentioned him and told me a little about him now. And I started wondering... where is someone like him going to end up? I told my friend he was going to end up in a rehabilitation program as a llama farmer for washed up athletes who didn't make it pro. llama farming, i hear, is very therapeutic. especially when all you wanted was to be in the NBA, but it just didn't happen. but really, what happens to these people? both the ones we know and the ones we don't and never will? reminds my of danielle bradbery's new song "girls in my hometown"
    also, sonder is one of my very favorite words, and i adore the way you took those ideas and thoughts and put them into words. and the LAST LINE!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aw, I’m so sorry that you weren’t feeling well! I’m glad you’re a bit better now. Praying for you every night! <3

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: she said “the only ones I remembered were Eden, Savanna, and Mindfruit (Who Eden keeps reminding me his name is Connor, but Mindfruit is more fun to say.”
    And this is Eden again, I hope you’re doing better today! I’m well thank you.

• mindfruit

very thoughtful piece!
    Re: Glad you found it relatable :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: Zion says thank you!! :) How are you today?

• lochnessie

re: hahah thank you for the definition. i'm still waiting for your homeland to transform into three small bats, but that'll do.

• lochnessie

yes i'm back here reading this for the second time today
    i stillll don't understand what a group of counties is, to be honest i think of baby dracula (countIE dracula? that's not a thing) but HOW ARE YOU that was what i was here to say I think but my brain dissolved because examssss

• Rohan’s Defender

Beautiful!! This imagery is amazing and the message is just stunning!
    Re: haha, yeah... idk either. But I’m glad you found some humor in it!! I’m hoping to make some people laugh and at least spread some happiness through it! XD

I think about people that way a lot too. Especially my friends cause a lot of them are weird and it's funny to think about what they'll do when they're older. The last line of this poem is gorgeous!

• LaurenBeeWrites

I love the concept of this! I don't live in a huge town and I can so relate!!!! Beautiful way to write these feelings! Love this! Re: Rose! (my friend I told you about) has posted her prologue and I just finished with a review! She is following you btw, I just checked. Just wanted to let you know! Keep up the great writing!

• beth r.

this is beautiful >3

brilliant. wow. i love the insight in this piece. this is stunning <333

• lochnessie

re: ahh great!
    this is lovely <3

• Rose A(hiatus)

This is such a beautiful piece. Especially the whole "If for one moment we simply let our souls Whisper". Wow. Really brings things into perspective.