mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

anything to improve?

remember when we would read the back of cereal boxes?

37

i was always the spoonfuls and you were always the puffins. 
we would read the boxes to each other.
i learned that puffins have 8 grams of sugar and spoonfuls are "heart-healthy".

it would be quiet out.
just us, sitting at the table side by side.
outside the window,
the trees would be ghosts against the foggy gray sky.

it would be chilly. 
we would huddle together,
wearing our matching slippers and puffer jackets.

the only sound
would be that of us crunching on cereal.
i would usually have a mix between grape nuts and spoonfuls.
you liked your oats and puffins.

nobody was awake but us,
in our own little world
of cereal and cold mornings and slippers.

do you remember?
i do
and i miss you
and those lovely mornings
full of joy and chilly air and warm jackets.

well, i'll be waiting for you
tomorrow morning
in our own little world of breakfast cereal.

...

i think i might have toast, though.

this was written for/about my little brother, caleb. i love him so much even when things get-- ahem-- out of control sometimes. i also wrote another piece about him called where time stands still if you want to check it out.

wellllllppppp that tis it. part iii. of these altered truths will come out soon! have a wonderful day! <3<3<3

• November 1, 2020 - 8:44am (Now Viewing)

• Starlitskies

Awww I love this! The whole poem has this warm, cozy feeling.

Re: Thank you for your comment. And I listened to "let her go". That's gonna be stuck in my head for a while. :)

• S.F.Brooke

I really liked this piece! It brings back a lot of childhood memories and early mornings. Thank you for you wonderful comments on my story, A Note of Kindness. Your profile picture is pretty cool, I love the contrast of shadows and silhouette. This piece was really sweet. Have a good day.

• Bhavya's Treasure

Nostalgia sings here with a cereal box in her hand, donning a warm jacket and slippers, sitting on the stairs on a cold foggy morning, with a toast hidden behind her in a lunchbox.
    This is such a simple yet touching piece!

Re: Thanks a lot for your uplifting comments. Now, I'm going to have a better sleep. :D

• Brielle P. Chor

Replying: Yes, I actually did read Pride and Prejudice around the time I was writing this piece, and though they are no Lizzy-Darcy pair, I did think I would give them a tinge of that intellectual chemistry haha. If you want to read Plath, some of my favourite poems are already in the footnotes of my piece, and they're under a collection of poems entitled 'Ariel'! You may also want to read up on her life to better understand some of her poems, though, because she did go through some challenges that may not seem very noticeable in her poetry at first. Have a great time reading haha! And thank you for the comment:))

• AJ - Izzy

Re: Wow, thank you so much, for the kind words; I really appreciate it :)

• mindfruit (hiatus)

aww, cute! ~nostalgia vibes activated~ I found this pretty relatable too, especially the lines "nobody was awake but us, / in our own little world / of cereal and cold mornings and slippers." Ah yes, waking up at 5:30 in the morning just to talk and eat cereal.

• PureHeart

love this!! so cosy and sweet

• Rachaelgrace

This is really sweet and super nostalgic. Great piece :)

• Brielle P. Chor

This is so nostalgic, almost like a warm and fuzzy dream. And to be honest, I love the final toast line, because things will change at the end of the day, and sometimes, even if it's different, it doesn't mean the feeling has to die away. Great job! :))

This is really nice! I love that your doing this for your brother :)

I was wondering, what is the #Dreams of Autumn on your username?

• AJ - Izzy

Wow, I love it, and I can relate; to brothers and cereal, I mean. When you wrote "the trees would be ghosts against the foggy gray sky"... I smiled so much, I love imagery, and that was so gorgeous. Amazing writing! :)

Love your new username ;) yay autumn!!

I am continuing my heartbreak series. Here is the link to the second part!
    I thought long and hard about the soulmate's pov but nothing really clicked. I hope you like this continuation idea tho!

• LaurenBeeWrites

This is so sweet!!! Love the way you explain this relationships through such a simple yet complex thing! <3

love your new username!!!!! it's so dreamy

Re: ahh thanks for commenting! haha yes we should call it dos XD. i'll have to look at the whitman poem. and i just looked up ambedo and fell in love all over again. also, have you ever had the feeling that you wanted to live in the pages of a book, not the story itself, but just the words because they were so beautiful? we need a word for that, because i felt that sooo hard reading anne of green gables. i finished it and it was just so... indescribable.

I love that quote on your profile: "I stop somewhere waiting for you" is it new?
    Re: yeah, high school has its ups and downs, but it is nice to not be stuck with the groups. I don't live in a particularly populated region, but it's fairly good size. I mean, it's definitely not SoCal big or Chicago big or whatever. But it's midsize, and while there are a lot of schools, my K-8 school still felt a little constraining by 7th grade. Even tho my school had over a 1000 students, my grade had about 70-80, and at least half of them I'd known all my life. Even though I had some great friends, it's not as if i could really pick anyone new. My hs is pretty big, (1300-1400 students) but I still see lots of the same people; I just don't have to interact with them. It's a totally different atmosphere, especially because of the location; it's out in a town where you get a lot of farmers, ranchers, FFA, "country" type people, and it's pretty normal to see dozens of guys and girls in wranglers, boots, and ball caps at school. I love it, though (and guys definitely look good dressed like that! not that I try to think about that too much.) Anyway, this got long, so I'll just say this: people have infinite layers and depth to them, and meeting new people and new experiences can be both nerve-wracking and wonderful.

• Pavithra C.P

Re: thank you so much for those inspiring and amazing words in my poem :)) Means a lot!!

• Pavithra C.P

Awww...this is soo sweet! I love this!

Awwww yes I do remember reading the back of cereal boxes!! I love this! It's so cute!:)

• journal.scribbles

The nostalgia in this poem though... so beautiful and cute at the same time. Congrats on 100+ btw!!!

Re: Thank you so much! I'd compliment your pfp too but my WiFi won't let it load. :( I'll just have to come check it out later! How's my novel coming along? Umm... let's just say I'm nervous about having to start it in two days... It's about this girl discovering a backstory that I won't bore you with and the consequences of that knowledge. Anyways, thank you for everything!

• Anna_19

Congratulations, make that one more. You're writing is great, keep going!

• Molly_

re: you are a literal angel and saviour; thank you! I'm hoping I'm doing this right, it's 2am and I don't think my brain is working too well :)
    I copy and pasted most of the Hs haha so only about a minute!
    This is amazing, by the way!

Aw, this is so sweet! It really shows the love you show towards your little brother. I relate to this so much (I have a little brother too, and he's a brat half of the time, but we still have fun days togethers).

aww this is so so sweet <3 you set the scene absolutely beautiful in the most amazing poetic way. Love your writing!

re: haha aww thank you :)

• rwong

aww this is so sweet!! <3 love it BTW CONGRATS ON 100!!! keep writing <3 i can't wait to see what you have in store next

ALSO CONGRATS ON 100!!!!!! DUDE!!!!!!!! That's so awesome!!! Cheers--here is to many, many more :)) I'm so proud to be one of the 100 <333

awwwwwww this is so sweet!!! :) i love this!! :)

• AbellePuppy34

Oh, this is so heartwarming! I LOVE IT!!! Show it to your brother when he's older (unless of course he isn't as young as I am assuming he is), and he will love it!

aww it feels so cozy and heartfelt.

• sci-Fi

This is great! Congrats on 100 followers!!!!

• ???

Wow this is so sweet!!! Reminds me of my sis!!!

• mystifiedtulip

hehe this is very cute and lighthearted and totally relatable! <333

also, you may wanna check to see that you just earned yourself your 100th follower! :DDD

• katnissromanoff

I loved this! It seemed deep but was also lighthearted. Great job!! :)

• Mpm#1

This reminds me of my own lil' bro and sis! Sweet piece Mir!! <3

Yes XD the last line tho..