almost flora kane

my pen name is flora kane. i'm a slytherin, infp-t, christian, and generally insane. joined 3.30.2018.

~ will do reviews on request ~

currently hoping i don't lose anyone else.

:)

dear friends, we've found each other here. (a huge thank you, footnotes!)

8
something twists inside of me, 
expecting the worst,
hoping for the best,
without the hope.

i can't do it alone. 

no idea of what it means
to say
"i don't need you."
because i try 
to spit it out,
but it would break me.

you have no idea
of how much
your words mean
to me
dear friend. 

i'll try to make you
know it
even if we're all 
on the internet.

"i'm not alone!"
we scream.
i smile. 
i've found you,
dear friends. 
let's write
for a while. 
this is all to say that you are amazing. i couldn't believe that my ramblings made so many feel not alone, and your support was astounding. thank you all so much! i have a few shoutouts, and they're in no particular order:

mirkat - you have been so supportive, and reading my pieces, and i feel connected to you in some way. your writing is so intriguing, i love reading your poetry! your piece there has to be somethinghas a special place in my heart. 

haunted.by.words (#queenie'shalloween) - hello friend, i've loved chatting with you. your piece inspired me to do this, and i really can't compete with it. i would love to pick wildflowers with you one day.

chrysanthemums&ink - holy crap your pieces are so wonderfully fantastical and real at the same time. i can only hope to gain some of your impressive metaphors and imagery. 

Paisley Blue - friend, it's such a joy when i see your pieces and comments. <333

Stumbling Conundrum - sharing reviews has been so helpful, and i thank you for all of the support. i feel like we have a further journey ahead of us in friendship:)

birthdaycandles - oh my goodness, your feedback is so helpful! the way you spin descriptions and meaning together is beautiful.

wisp - "You Call Yourself Fat" hit me hard. wow. your writing seems to wrap love in such a heartbreaking and gorgeous way. 

Anne Blackwood -  i feel like i've been reading your beautiful writing forever, what a glorious thought.

i know there are so many people i haven't shouted out, but know that you too have made such an impact on my life through your support and beautiful writing. thank you <333

• October 30, 2020 - 11:46am (Now Viewing)

• anemoia by a thread

HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS BEFORE! Thank you sooo much for the shoutout. Gosh, I would love to pick wildflowers w/you someday also. (ack, that sentence doesn't flow.) darling, you do amazing things with words, and they never fail to stir emotion in me.

Okay: I think I came across this piece earlier, and I'm pretty sure I liked and commented on it, but it seemed to have disappeared.... It doesn't matter! This is so beautiful, I would comment and like it twice any day! Congratulations!

Hey! I need some help! I'm entering the novel writing competition, and this is the first time I've ever done it. I've published my first draft, and I really need some reviews, or even just helpful comments. I would love if you could check it out!

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

This is so cute and speaks to the incredible unity of everyone on this site. It is hard to find good feedback and even harder to find a community. Love this piece, dear friend.

heeeyyy check out my thank you to you and everyone and anyone!!!! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/199124/version/406163
    it means so much that you found me and that i found you! <3

This piece is sooo good. Thank you so much for the shoutout!! It means a lot. <3

okay, i had to read this poem again b/c it's so lovely! the last stanza is amazing. ahhhh, i've found you! <3<3<3

awww, thank you so much for the shoutout! i love your work, too. i am so happy and grateful that somehow my pieces found a special place in your heart. wellll, i just think you are a wonderful writer, toooo! congrats of u lations, u deserve each and every one of us! i love being part of this community.... anyways keep writing! <3<3<3