tas (yellowbrickrd)

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.
-the wizard of oz

16

unrequited love type beat.

should have stuck with a rose

11
"Taya? Taya! It is you! What are you doing out in the rain?" Lizzie, the last person I want to see right now. "Come here babe, get under my umbrella." Umbrella. What a strange word. The rain falls gently around us, it's funny how rain can fall with feeling. There is angry rain, sad rain, cheerful rain and this is gentle rain, tender rain. It falls with care, gently kissing the umbrella. 
    "Hi Lizzie." My voice sounds far away, drifting to our ears from some street-lit rooftop. She looks at me quizzically, raising a pencilled eyebrow. I pray she doesn't ask about Clara. If she asks about Clara I will cry. 
    "Something's wrong." She waits for me to respond, I don't. "You are very upset and have just run here, through the park. Am I right?" She is. "You were going to keep running, but then you saw me." Right again. "You're doing that crazy thing where you quite literally run from your problems." Stupid Lizzie she knows me too well. Have I really not changed since high school?
    "I'm fine. I got home when I realised I dropped something. Have you seen a red wallet?" She shakes her head with a smile, blonde curls bouncing. 
    "I get it babe, I do. See you around, don't get hit by a car, people do silly things when they are upset." She walks past, swinging her hips in a ridiculous manner. The rain swallows her, parting like a curtain and then falling back into place. I look down at the sad daisy in my hand. Lizzie didn't notice it. Thank god. But then who would notice it. People don't go around giving each other single daisies. I let it splash into a puddle. It floats there, mocking me. You thought she would understand? You're just friends, housemates. If you really wanted a reaction you should have stuck with a rose. I step on it and begin to walk home, trying to forget the way Clara had spun it in her fingers. This is lovely. Where'd you get a single daisy? Anyway gotta dash. Pasta for dinner? The rain mingles with my tears, diluting them until they mean nothing. 
This might become a series. Maybe. Probably not.

• October 30, 2020 - 5:39am (Now Viewing)

• Mpm#1

It would appear my heart has been run over by a dump truck.
    Re: So glad you enjoyed!! :)

• Jason_claire :)

I loved everything about it, the mood, the setting, the slight mystery to the character, everything about it is amazing
    Reply- Why thank you, I alwasy love when people get my characters :)

You should totally keep going with this!!
    Re- Thank you so much!! :)

ahh, this is lovely, the kissing the umbrella line was priceless.
    Re: thank you. i'm sad that her piece got taken down, which is why i'm glad that i didn't comment on that one. it is sad, all of the division, and there are no easy solutions. but we keep trying to be good people, lighting up one small corner of the world. one very, very small corner, it seems.

re: that's so great that you australians are interested and so supportive of us and the election.... yep, that was what that was about. yesterday i wrote 3 poems about election day cause i was so freaking stressed. also i stressed baked..... 3 batches of muffins and some coleslaw (yeah weird, that's what we had in the fridge). it is awesome that you care and are informed cause honestly we are gonna need all the hope we can get..... <3
    (btw-- in case you couldn't tell i'm for blue....)

• sci-Fi

Re: Wow, I've been hearing all over that Australia is super invested in the US election. It's kind of awesome.
    Yeah, Texas is never Democrat. It's okay though. We can still win, I'm just super stressed out rn XD

ooh, i like this! if you want, defiantly continue! <3
    re: you are totally welcome! i am so glad you like that piece and thanks of you for answering my questions. :D <3<3<3