Stone of Jade

~ 17 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
one half of the locket
Vice Pres. Cult of the Crunch

(reposting bc of link problems)
I am continuing this story in a small series.
If you haven't read the first part, the link is in the footnotes.

I cannot thank you all enough for the love you showed to the first part. It really encouraged me to look a little deeper into my characters and continue their story.

This will be a very short series so I will post once a week (if I remember) on Saturday. Lmk if you would like to be notified as teh series continues.

Again, thank you all so so much for reading <3

lasting effect | continuation of heartbreak series | 2

20
Usually, your mark is something you are proud of. Something you wear with love, unashamed. I used to be ashamed of mine--embarrassed was a better word. Worried fit too. What would it be like when I meet my soulmate? Would we get along? Hundreds of questions flooded my mind, filling me with an exciting, yet worrying, anticipation. I hated that feeling. Now, I wish more than anything I would have those worries again. 
    It's impossible to hide a faded mark. 

The luckiest of the heartbroken are able to camouflage their mark--make them less obvious. Some are constantly wearing white fingernail polish. Others might be able to cover it with pieces of clothing. It is impossible to cover my mark. It's stuck. A badge of shame. One that fills everyone who sees it with pity.
    I find myself biting my lips when I am anxious. As if hiding them might hide the truth. But there is no escaping what happened. There was nothing I could do. 

I lost my mark about a year ago. I was sitting in math class one day while somewhere, my soulmate, who I never got to meet, died. You would think that I wouldn't feel the pain of heartbreak. Afterall, we were still strangers. But it is a scary thought to think the one who was meant for me is gone. My destiny isn't planned anymore. Some might find that freeing.     Me? I find it more terrifying than anything else. 

Alice tries to comfort me. But it's hard to swallow her fake empathy when her soulmate is alive and well. I find refuge in little things. An afternoon in the coffee shop. Walking in the parks. Almost everywhere I look, though, I see couples. True, there are a few loners, but the fact that I am utterly alone in this world haunts me. 
    I have found one new friend though--Ted Willis. He was there in math class, yet he kindly ignores my salt white lips. He never mentions it, and I am grateful for that. He's one of the few.

part one of the heartbreak series: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/free_writing/171995/versions/405499

• December 7, 2020 - 10:08am (Now Viewing)

• Nathaniel G. Williams

Haha obviously you don't live in Portland. The unipiper is who that guy is. Google it or look him up on youtube, instagram, facebook, he's there. His act is literally riding around on a unicycle playing the bagpipes that shoot fire. He has also been Monty Python's King Arthur, worn a hazmat suit, dressed as a turkey, and lots of other crazy stuff. He's part of the "Keep Portland Weird" movement.

Hey I added more to my story! It would be really cool if you check it out! :D

• doodleninja

re: aw, thank you so much! very honored you think so :D <3

Aww Ted seems so nice! This is such a great plot!! imma just read as much as i can of these now!!! :D

• books4life

re: thank you so much!!!! :)

Re- Thank you so much! I will be reading all of these after school!! Ahh can't wait :D

• Busssy.Beee

Christmas time! I see a stocking on the fireplace. Oh, there's something on it. What is it? It's a link! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/207074/version/426266

• AliMuscles04

Re: thank you! And I will certainly let you know when I continue it!

AHHHHH

• Just_A_Memory

I'm breaking ;-;

• V-Rose

This is so good and sad!

• Rohan’s Defender

Awww this is great! So sad but hopeful in the end...

• Rose A(hiatus)

if you decide to post more tell me.

• chasing sunsets

Ahhh this is so good! Let me know when you post more!

• dead account

awwwww-ted is the real GOAT.

• V-Rose

Chapter 17 of Flying on Broken wings is here! Sorry for the wait!

P.S. I love the pfp!

• Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God}

Replying: Ok, that's cool!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thank you!

• books4life

re: hahaha!!

• AliMuscles04

I just published a sort of sequel to What Love Can Do To You... here's the link if you want to read it: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/199331/version/406632
    Fyi, it's kind of long, and sad.

• AliMuscles04

AAAHHHH I LOVE THIS!! Thanks for letting me know!

Lovely job, once again! This is such an interesting idea! Notify me when the next part is out :D

oh so goood! can't wait for me and yes, plz notify me! <3

• books4life

oh and please notify me when you have more!!! :)

• books4life

ahhhhhhh amazing!!! soooo sadddddd *my heart is heartbroken for her*

• Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God}

Replying: You drew that? Wow! Beautiful! Yeah, I can't wait till next Friday for the next episode! I have Baby Yoda Pajamas I wore last night, they are the cutest! I will totally wear them for each episode! :) How about you? Any Baby Yoda merch?

• Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God}

Oh, my! I love your new profile pick! Did you get to see the first episode of season 2 last night? I did, it was awesome! :D