Stumbling Conundrum

18
The Beatles, Imagine Dragons, Jason Mraz, Panic! At the Disco
HP&PJO
The Dead Poets Society
I have an addiction to tea
*Joined 8/30/20*

Review for review, please? I really need some help! <3

My Body is a Temple

3

My body is a temple, but I do not always worship in it. 
Sometimes, it's good to just sit in that chapel on a rickety pew.
Revel in the chanting church choir made from members of pounding heartbeats
singing along to the creaking of ancient bone-walls that yawn open-wide
with every breath. A sign of unexpected alleviation that stirs dust in the room;
an abrupt alluvion of amity and patients for myself. Or,
resting in the silence when the choir skips a beat, and I wait in bated breath;
I think it's here that wisdom reverberates the loudest; in deafening silence.
Wisdom cannot be learned by accident; it must be sought for in stillness
by my spirit, alone.

My body is a temple. but I do not always worship in it. 
Sometimes, there's a sacred service of me simply being,
breathing, and studying memories - stained-glass windows; the windows to my soul.
Full of harmonious and contradicting colors.
Some scenes are darker than others, but they are windows;
they can't help but let light in, so for them I am grateful,
though I can't help but apologize for often shying away from the darker corners;
they are more difficult to be proud of. Perhaps, now I will try to love them better;
gently brush my fingertips over their colors and plaques, and be sure
to wipe away any fingerprints left resting atop their bitter faces. 

Sometimes, it is just a quiet place to learn to treat myself 
with love, patience, faith, and forgiveness. Otherwise,
worshiping is like trying to drink from a dry cup; it quenches nothing
and my temple remains empty. So, I will fill my cup with good things,
and intentionally slosh some water over the edges; 
why should I not want to share what I have with others?
And then, in my body, in my temple,
I will worship dangerously.
I don't know how I feel about this. I think the last stanza needs some work, and the first and second could use some more details. However, I am pretty happy with this... for now :)

• Wisp

Replying: Of course, if I was able to make you smile, then I'm happy :) Also, it's nice seeing you around! Hi and I hope you're doing well!

• Wisp

I know you've been inactive for a while, but I just wanted to give you my thanks. Recently I hit a milestone of 104 followers, and I couldn't be more glad to have your support. I remember when you first joined and seeing you around the dashboard a lot--seeing you around always made me smile a little, since you were such a warm presence. Your support and encouragement means so much to me, and I am so glad to have you along with me in my WtW journey. It may have just been a click of a button to you, but it meant everything to me. So thank you, truly.
    (Also, I'm doing a dust jacket, so if you have any questions, send them my way!)

• Wisp

That opener! Oh my gosh I just can't get over it. There's something about it that's just so captivating and so eye-opening and it's just ahhh, I can't even put it into words. The way you took this piece and the flow of it is just so lovely and I am in love with it. I love how each stanza takes on these different types of feelings: The first one being about peacefulness and tranquility with one's self, savoring the little things and appreciating them. The second one being about loving yourself through and through, especially the things you don't like about yourself either. The third one being about self-love and enjoying the things you love about yourself and enjoying the stuff you love too.
    I just adore this piece, there's so much metaphors and imagery and so much to pick apart and interpret. I love everything in this and I love the way you took it.