Rachaelgrace

Follower of Jesus
LOTR & Narnia
Wish Zuko was REAL
Gryffindor
XC runner
Oldest sister of 3
Enneagram 1
Team Keefe
Let's draw near to those who are suffering and fight injustice

I would love any feedback :)

Ixia Viridiflora

10

Petals the color of the sea during a storm
A stem as delicate as my sister's eyelashes
My finger runs along its beautiful form

We are all shifting shadows 

Look at it reach up to the sky
For by knowing from where its glory comes
It lacks the blemish of a single lie

here today and gone tomorrow

The wind gently caresses it
Touched gently by the breeze
Each drop of dew is brightly lit

and all our busy rushing ends in nothing.

• ~wildflower~

Once again, a beautiful poem! I’ve never come across that flower before, but I really like it! This is my favourite line: “ We are all shifting shadows”

• Westley

This is so pretty!
    Re: There isn't exactly a story behind my profile pic. It's two of my characters, Fiere (purple guy) and Shadow (other guy). I just felt like drawing something sad. I do actually write a story about them here though, called emerging from the shadows.

• Molly_

Re: thank you so much! I love reading through your work; it's beautifully put, and I especially love this one, although I'll admit I had to google Ixia Viridiflora

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thank you!

• Stumbling Conundrum

Re: Thank you so much for your kind comment! I am so glad to know that we have things in common, I think that is so fun. I, too, love Narnia and LOTR. You have great taste! <3

• Huba Huba

This is such a beautiful poem! I had to google the title, and it's truly a beautiful flower!
    I see that while I'm making bird references using fancy bird names, you're making flower references while using fancy flower names :)

• Emi (Revival Year #NEWYEAR)

Your similes, girl! Beautiful. I love the description in the first stanza; it's so unique and lovely.

• rainydayz

omg i needed this in my life. ahh and the last line ties the piece together beautiful and hits the idea home to the reader (me lol). keep it up!!
    re: thank you :)