queenie

~

just a lil fluffy filler.

The Other Son: Chapter 12

2
~Percy's Point of View~
"Ezra! Lucia! Quit locking lips and get down to the Big House for your sweatshirts!" Annabeth called over her shoulder at a Demeter and Aphrodite kid who were sat under a tree, kissing. They quickly scampered off together as soon as they were spotted. 
"Well, forget the PDA policy Mr. D put in place," I joke. Annabeth rolls her eyes. "Please. If it's coming from Dionysus, no one's gonna listen." She flips up her hood and shivers. "I can't believe I actually wish I was back in Virginia."
"Even if you have to put up with your dad?" I raise a brow. "Annabeth, are we getting some character breakthrough?"
"Shut up!" She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. That does the trick. We head down to the Big House, fingers interlocked. Mr. D was standing on the porch, tossing armfuls of orange sweatshirts over the banister into the waiting arms of freezing campers. It had only been one day since our impromptu task force meeting and the weather somehow managed to drop forty degrees from the night before. The waterfront was icing over, and so were the dummies in the fighting arena. 

"I'd better go help sort out the sizes. 'One size fits all' isn't applicable here," Annabeth mutters as an Ares kid goes by, wearing a sweatshirt that's so tight on him, his biceps are starting to rip at the seams. 

Suddenly, I see Ana being helped up the steps by Will. She was  holding an icepack to her head. I bolted after them.
"Geez, what happened?" I asked. 
"Hiiiiieeee, Uncle Percy. I knocked myself unconscious!" Ana giggled. "Me an' Clarisse were sparring and I overshot my jump by a lotttt." Her eyes were glassy; she looked like a dazed cat after falling from a powerline or something.

"I'm just gonna give her some ambrosia," Will gave me a little half smile. "She should be fine in a bit." 

"Waaaait! Uncle Percy!" Ana whines. "Can you keep a secret for me?"

I cupped my hand around my ear and she leaned in close. "I have a crush on Clarisse." She hissed. "Got it?"

"Got it." I gave her a little wave as she disappeared into the sickroom. 

Whoa did not see that coming. Also THE REFERENCE TO LUCIA AND EZRA YOU MESS WITH MY HEART AND HEAD QUEENIE

re: lol yes i did see that ;)

AHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSS ANA AND CLARISSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333