Fabiana250

Peru

Well, where to begin? I think the poem pretty much speaks by itself - my crush (and friend) told me he can't like me back... And now I'm afraid that what I told him may distance us (or already distanced us). We haven't talked in about two days and I don't want our friendship to be broken by something like this. Any advice? It would be really appreciated

two heartbreaks at once

18
It just took three words
to screw everything up
and now that I know that
I want to take the "I like you" back.

My heart in my throat 
tears down my cheeks.
You promised nothing would change, 
then why do you treat me differently?

Be the same guy I fell in love with,
please,
I promise you won't hurt me. 

What truly shatters my heart into a million pieces
is the thought of you becoming as cold as the Germany's winter.
And the fear of losing you forever,
doesn't make me feel any better.

Our friendship can survive this little crush,
I know it took you by surprise, 
but please don't leave my life 
because you would actually break my heart
by doing that. 

[don't give me two heartbreaks at once]

-Fabiana 
Things haven't gotten any better guys...

• Future Pseudonym

The hard truth is, if he doesn't stay to be your friend anyway after the dust has settled, he wasn't worth it to begin with. But in my experience, things like that are rare; usually, time heals. It's only been two days; give him a week.

• ava09 (angels, auroras and sad prose #holidayvibes)

oh honey i'm so sorry. <3 this sucks. i second what AliMuscles04 said - it's best to be honest. i hope things are better now, and if not i really hope they get better. sending loads of hugs!! <3 <3 <3

• AliMuscles04

I had something extremely similar happen to me a couple years ago but it didn't end as tragic as quick. Basically, I started liking my best friend of 3 years, but I was scared to tell him because I was afraid of losing him. I did tell him and he told me that he had a feeling for me too, but he wasnt ready for a relationship yet. We got closer over the next year and he eventually told me that he knew his feelings and proceeded to ask me out. I told him I wasnt ready and I wanted to wait until we went back to school. We went to the fair together and I thought things were going well until he told me that he had mixed feelings. Then he told me that he wanted to remain friends out of the fear of hurting me (even more). I was devastated. Our friendship was shaky after that but after talking and hanging out again, we're pretty much back to the way things were. My advice: be honest with him. Tell him that you understand that he doesnt feel the same way about you, but you dont want to lose him as a friend.

this is really well written, but i am sorry you are having trouble. i don't know how deep your friendship is/was but if you think it is strong enough to move on, i would tell your friend that. say you don't want your friendship to change and hope you can stay friends. that way you get the awkwardness out of the way soon and things may begin to subside. do whatever you feel is right tho. i hope things get better.

Ohh shoot. I'm really sorry about this. I wish I could help and say more than that this piece is amazing.

• Anlee

awwww im sorry you're feeling this way :( i would advise you to not try to rush back into your friendship and spend time focusing on yourself (hobbies, friends, etc.). i hope that the awkwardness between you two will subside soon <33

Oh wow this is sooo sad :( the lines "What truly shatters my heart into a million pieces
    is the thought of you becoming as cold as the Germany's winter." Those hit soo hard.. so sorry <33

• Just_A_Memory

Aw! That's so sad! I'm really, really sorry that you're going through (went, going) this. _/\_

Oh, I'm so sorry! You don't deserve this, dear. You're far too talented for anyone to be making you sad! Beautiful piece, though :D

• Rachaelgrace

This is so well written! I’m sorry! But you seem like someone who would be an awesome friend, and I sure hope he will be able to see that!!

• Rohan’s Defender

This is so heartbreaking but beautiful!! I don’t know what to say except I’m here for you, praying for you, and maybe consider letting him read this? It’s really touching. Idk.... this is an amazing piece tho!