Joaquin Gonzalez

I'm from NYC, have 13 years of age, and incessantly ponder. I like playing piano, soccer, Minecraft, editing YouTube videos, reading, writing, and much more. I aim to publish quite a few books when I am older. :-)

---- Please provide me with whatever feedback you feel fit ----

Alluring Anime: What about Anime makes me Lose all Sense of Time?

3
        Transcendently suspenseful action, riveting stories and schemes, comedy, evolutionary battles, unique fantasy worlds and supernatural characters--realistic drama, psychological trauma, romance, and the welding of emotions, to countless more genres; anime and manga pack bundles of entertainment and beyond.

Anime is a Japanese hand and computer-drawn animated series.  It has a remarkable history, since for all of the limited resources that Japanese artists had to deal with decades ago, unlimited creativity would spawn for them in exchange.  I have always clicked with anime from the onset--without even realizing it.  Astro boy was my childhood totem of heroism.  I always imitated his poses, and my toddler-self would often try to undergo earthly situations with the mindset of Astro Boy.  In fact, Astro Boy was what ultimately sparked the debut of Japanese Anime.  Additionally, whenever I watch anime, I live what the characters are living, and thus, if it’s about anime, I can trumpet to my mother for countless hours, be it whatever happened in the most recent anime I watched, or trying to convince my mother to give me more anime time by listing out its benefits.  And while I express this to my mother, I am typically involved so much, I even forget that I’m using up my allotted time to watch anime.

In essence, what makes anime so entrancing, so captivating to me, is the plot--the rollercoaster-like sagas.  The Japanese culture.  The enlightening comedy.  The beauties, insecurities, achievements, and maneuvers of the characters.  The life lessons. The art.  The color.  The effects.  Throughout my entire experience watching anime, I have learned that nothing that I say I cannot do is impossible, that when I have nothing but myself and want to make a change, I have to smile, and be the most passionate I’ve ever been, that if I am interested in something, the “cannot's” are meaningless; I’ve learned to never carry a burden alone, and that true love can accomplish the impossible.  Not to mention, the art style and effects most Japanese anime artists use during a heat packed battle, riles me up almost like I am at a soccer game.  The protagonist’s eyes glistening with passion, creatively motivates me to draw anime characters, and to be ardent in everything I do.  Especially during this pandemic, anime has been--and will continue to be--one of the main characters of my emotional life’s movie.  

Lastly, to learn more about what makes anime so entertainingly engaging, I read online mediums on which anime watchers describe some fun experience(s) they've had with anime.  Some--who were introverted in real life--said that anime had sparked real life conversations with others; the fact that both the more timid people and the people they talked with watched “Kimetsu No Yaiba” for example, had given them a real life friend with common interests and made them more sociable.  Although I am an extrovert, I can relate to the fact that speaking about anime with others has always forged a bridge to their friendship.  

The unvarnished truth? I love anime.

1

• Joaquin Gonzalez

@queeniehawthorne --- Why thank you! While I may not be an ardent one, I still am a fan of sorts, of studio Ghibli Movies.

• queenie

I clicked on this faster than you can say "supercalafragilisticexpialidocious"
    I read the first paragraph and completely agreed. I'm not really partial episodical animes tho, but studio ghibli movies. This was a really well written piece.