chrysanthemums&ink

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ
ɪғ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʜᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴍɪɴᴇ
ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ
ᴛʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ғᴀᴄᴇ ɪᴛ ɢʟᴀᴅʟʏ
ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴋᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ

if you're interested...

btw if pieces are going missing, they've been submitted to mags :)

dust jacket hehe

PROMPT: Dust Jacket

11

i. what is your favorite genre to write? 

i enjoy writing both poetry and prose poetry, though the latter comes more easily than the former for me (my poetry writing process is exhausting), and i've published more of the former than the latter on wtw. in prose, i lean towards fantasy and realistic fiction. magic systems are pretty fun to create and play around with, plus giving my characters powers of some sort is like an ego boost. for realistic fiction, it's really fun to explore some meaningful conversations or situations that i wish would happen. 

ii. what is your favorite genre to read? 

not going to lie, i read mostly fanfiction. since quarantine started, i've no longer had an excuse to actually read paper books (my reading teacher used to require it in his classroom), and i've been glued to a screen since. i bought two very good books a few weeks ago and i know they're written by brilliant people, but who knows when i'm actually going to read them. when i went to school physically, i read mostly realistic fiction, fantasy, and even some dystopia. 

iii. what drew you to the wtw community? 

i was looking for things to put on my college resume, and since i was pretty good at writing at the time, i searched for writing contests. i stumbled upon write the world then, but i wasn't eligible to enter. fast forward a long period of time, i finally remembered wtw existed, so here i am now (i haven't won a single competition though lol.) 

iv. what do you find most challenging about writing?

for poems, my sentence structure is pretty shit. not only that, i try to make every stanza actually contribute something because i have a terrible habit of adding extraneous things to poems just to fill space, so that leads to me kind of just rearranging and double guessing everything i write. i feel like my poems are a bit clunky too and read pretty badly out loud. more generally, i have a really bad habit of procrastination so it's hard for me to just sit down and start writing. 

v. most exhilarating?

i'm very partial to imagery, so i love writing those descriptions that you can actually feel running up your fingers when you read it—using words like "smash", "burst", "scrape", and things like that (it pops up a lot in my writing). i feel like it's a little repetitive, but it's fun. also, seeing y'all's reaction to my writing is fun too, things that made you feel emotion or that you think could improve. 

vi. what is one goal that you have for yourself while here? 

not going to lie, i'm still shooting for two-hundred followers. it sounds a bit vain and even a little unhealthy, but it's been one of my goals for a very long time. and i guess it has a bit of sentimental value too. awhile ago, a bunch of us moved. a lot of my followers are people who aren't really active anymore. i feel a little stuck in between sometimes, like part of me having moved on and part of me still stuck in the past. i'm so grateful and glad that this is no longer a deserted island, but i feel like i've fallen into the old trap of not interacting enough. it's kind of funny, because you probably don't know me, but i probably know you because of all the lurking i do. maybe getting two hundred followers would mean that i'm actually well known in this "new" wtw now, that i'm not still stuck in limbo or a faded memory. 

it's probably wishful thinking though. it doesn't matter to me as much as it used to, but it's a nice thought. 

+i. how were you inspired to start writing? (stuff like role models, authors, books, songs, etc.) 

i read harry potter in second grade and percy jackson a few years later. around that time, i started watching anime like precure and ojamajo doremi before treading into darker territory with mirai nikki and black butler (among the others). along with anime, i read manga as well like detective conan and noragami. i listened to vocaloid songs, which had some pretty heavy themes that definitely influenced how i write today.

i started writing comics in second grade, "grand" narratives in fourth grade, and survived the rest of my way by developing self inserts for pieces of stories that i liked. (it's shameful, i'll admit.) i wrote short stories as well (i only finished a few) and even tried to write a book (gave up at about 64,000 words and two drafts). in wtw, i have many role models and people who i admire (but won't name haha), and i developed my style based on that. 

fun fact: since i've joined, i've probably written more than 150 pieces. maybe even 200. 

thank you to mirkat for the last question! hope you enjoyed. 

i am a bit curious about your perception about me though, so here's a question for you: in the broadest terms, what do y'all perceive of me? am i active? inactive? intimidating? friendly even? lmao at the last one. 

**update, i actually wrote this a few weeks ago but didn't publish because i didn't think anyone would actually read it. now, i have literally no ideas and nothing to publish, and i didn't want to disappear for too long, so enjoy ig? 

• December 1, 2020 - 1:40am (Now Viewing)

• Wisp

Replying: I'm so glad you treasure my comments. When I comment, I try to flesh them out and not just make them seem one dimensional, and I'm so glad they come across that way. And you shouldn't apologize! I was ecstatic when you followed me and a little in awe if I were to admit it. And a legend? I've never quite thought of myself that way, even now I kinda don't, but it means so much to hear you say that. All the best to you!

• Wisp

"i feel a little stuck in between sometimes, like part of me having moved on and part of me still stuck in the past."
    Oh shoot that hit hard. I can relate to that honestly, like the new community is great and so supportive and they're all really sweet, but you can't help but miss the old one you know?
    "and since i was pretty good at writing at the time, i searched for writing contests. i stumbled upon write the world"
    Haha, the same thing happened to me and led me to WtW, though I happened to be old enough when I found it.
    "for poems, my sentence structure is pretty shit."
    You're putting the rest of us to shame honestly. I adore your poetry style and all that you write and I don't think you give yourself enough credit. Honestly, reading your writing has actually inspired some of my own writing and influenced my writing style too!
    "not going to lie, i'm still shooting for two-hundred followers."
    It's criminal that you haven't hit 200 followers yet. But only 22 more and I know you'll reach your goal soon!
    I really loved reading this dust jacket, your answers were so sweet and personal and I found it so nice to read.
    Also! You asked how I perceived you. Gosh, I don't even know where to begin. I've been seeing you around since you joined in March and I've watched you rise along with sunny.v and Naomi Ling and spurtsofdarkness and mia_:) and so many more. You've been a WtW celebrity to me for so long and I agree with all the people before me have said, you're definitely a legend around here. There's a rawness in your pieces that I adore so much and it's just so empowering to read. But yes, you are a legend here and you always will be.

okay warning this is going to be a long comment...
    1. thank u so much for all of the support u have given me!!! u r one of the "legends" on here-- your writing (along with wisp and dmoral and sunny.v) is always so emotional and deep and true and relatable and stunning and brilliant and beautiful all around. i look up to u all the time... you are a high-key legend and have made an impact on me and my writing style.
    2. thanks for answering my question! that's so funny and interesting! haha comic books! in 4th grade I tried to write a book too and got an outline and 2 chapters done and that's about it! it was a terrible idea...
    3. i don't think u r that active (that's probably because i am so active and probably spend an hour plus on here a day while i'm supposed to pay attention in school...) but when you do write, it is magnificent and so well thought out.

that's it for now! i am always so pleasantly surprised when i see you have commented on my pieces! keep being cool and awesome and a writer! <3<3<3

(this is so cringy now i am embarrassing myself)

Re: awww thanks dear! Your comment was so sweet! Im really proud of both mir and I :))) so glad you liked that piece—I don't consider it as one of my best ones, but I like it. Anyways, my thoughts are with you! Hope youre having a wonderful day <33

You're, at least in my eyes, a legend. You're poems are amazing, and I might not comment much, mostly because everything I want to say is already written by others, I love them all! And I shall contribute to your goal right away! It's okay if that's your goal. I want to reach 250 by the end of the year, and no matter how much I keep reminding myself that followers don't matter, I still want to achieve that goal....

Re: Thanks, Chrys. No eloquence necessary.

• ava09 (sorta back)

yeah i second what everyone else has said - you're like a god on here haha (to me at least XD). i know what you mean about being stuck though - i've found it super hard sometimes because it feels like everyone here is young (lol) and there are very few people left that were here when i joined (that's a generalization, but it can feel like that sometimes). it's really nice to get to know you more though!! i read harry potter for the first time in second grade too. :) i feel like none of the greats (you being one) win competitions, but you deserve to - you're an incredible writer (and you def deserve 200+ too XD).
    also, this is sort of random, but i wanted to thank you again for writing a piece about bisexuality awhile ago. i'd never really thought about my sexuality before that, but then i read your piece and things started to click. it also educated me on loads of aspects of bisexuality that i didn't know before. anyways, fast forward to now and i'm definitely bi haha so thank you for everything. you're an absolute gem and i'm so happy you stayed. love you fam. <333

• anemoia by a thread

to me you kind of seem like a legend. like Busssy.Bee and Paisley Blue said. also, this line: "that i'm not still stuck in limbo or a faded memory. " was just like... dang. hit me with unexpected words.

I see you as a quiet legend with stories to bleed and faces to see

also i agree with Paisley Blue--how have you not reached 200?1

oh i love reading your writing!! and this is amazing! I loved getting to know you a bit better. you are one of the most recognizable names on this site. your writing is so beautiful and so thought-provoking <3

• doodleninja

*gasp* I love noragami XD
    I enjoyed reading through this! Yeah, I've always associated you with your elegant lowercase poetry, and you give off sorta distant, dreamy vibes. :)

Woah, so cool to get to know you a bit more!! :D
    I see you pretty similarly as Bussy.Beee does, as sort of a legend or "big name" around here. That's probably bc i'm highkey in love with your writing and you were around when I first joined. Honestly, I'm STUNNED that you haven't reached 200--you seem like... idk, one of the best authors around here. I love your poetry. You're a little more inactive, but recently you've been around more and I love it :))
    idk, i guess mostly i see you as a role model, someone i look up to and aspire to be like/write like. :))
    hope you're having a good day, love!

• Busssy.Beee

hmm, i kinda saw you like a higher writer here (if that makes sense lol) like someone who is kind of like... a celebrity here in a way? I don't know, but definitely an iconic writer.