SunV

Felicity (#words)

11/10/2019.

"Don’t wonder why people go crazy, wonder why they don’t. In the base of all we can lose in a day, in an instant, wonder what it is that makes us hold it together"
-Meredith Grey

I'm going to try to update my bio every day with a different word.....

Thank you so much for 300+!!

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now." -Joan Baez

Library buddies with Sci-Fi, LindyTheRavenclaw, Rwong, Rohan's Defender, and Paisley Blue!

"For in our great sorrow, we learn what joy means." -Sorrow

Talk to me about Jily, Hinny, Remadora, Merder, and anything about Harry Potter and Grey's Anatomy. And Hamilton. We love Hamilton.

"The human life is made up of choices. Live or die. That's the important one, and it's not always in our hands." -Derek Shepherd

My best friend doesn't have one.

28
My best friend doesn't have one
She prefers to stay alone.
She isn't a social person
And she can't stand people constantly on their phones.

Sometimes I can see she's lost
Trying to make her way.
She sleeps at night after fruitless tries
Thinking that tomorrow will be a better day.

But then tomorrow comes around
And she tries once more.
And life drowns her in it's sea
Even when she tries her best to stay ashore.

She plasters a smile on her face
To lift up everyone else.
But that plaster wears and tears every day
And will one day fall off her shelf.

She isn't a talkative person
And she tends to stay closed up.
And sometimes I just think
She's given up.

My best friend doesn't have one.
Though she tries and tries
I keep telling her that I'm it.
But deep down, she knows I lie.
Thank you Poetri for this amazing prompt! I really enjoyed writing this, and I came to realise things about myself I never knew.

Carry on this chain! Write about yourself as if you were your best friend. Link the piece below so I can read it too!

• November 23, 2020 - 2:16am (Now Viewing)

Re: Another theory is that perhaps Phlegmatics are the most likely to take the temperament assessment, which is why I keep finding them. Although Melancholies are generally more likely to want to quantify/organize their personality... However, I think Phlegmatics have just as much potential to be introspective and also want to see how they compare to others. Whoops, I got super psychological on you there.

Re: Oh cool! It looks like there are a lot of Phlegmatics on this site. Maybe lots of writers are just phlegmatic in nature. Hmm... that's a study I would definitely be interested in.

• AJ - Izzy

re: aw thank you so much! I was a little surprised to see the name of that piece, wow, that was over two years ago! Sure, I'd like to talk to you, that'd be cool :)
    Well, I already know that you are incredibly amazing at writing, this is beautiful <3

Re: Thank you!
    That's nice that you still get some nature.
    Okay, apparently by talking to mindfruit about the four temperament types, I've started a mini-trend lol. It's a system I kinda prefer to the Myers-Briggs but isn't better or worse.
    I'm gonna copy and paste my super long (k I tried to make it shorter hehe) explanation into this comment.
    The four temperament types are personality types that you are born with. They are melancholic, choleric, sanguine, and phlegmatic.
    Melancholies (like me) can be kinda intense. They're often serious and are very logic-based and detail-oriented. They tend to like plans, routines, and lists. They feel emotions strongly in a stable way (meaning for a long period of time). They are extremely perfectionistic. They can take critique too personally.
    Cholerics are definitely intense. They are all about leadership. They have trouble understanding that their way isn't the best way, not because they're necessarily arrogant, but their way just seems so right to them (and often is). They love to save the day. They're extremely stubborn, and when they want to achieve a goal, they absolutely will achieve it, because they're very task-minded. They can also struggle with criticism.
    Sanguines (my second type that's almost equal with my first) are usually quite light-hearted. They love excitement, adventure, and laughter. They can be forgetful with details, as they're more focused on the big picture. Many of them are entertainers. Being the center of attention is awesome for them. Their emotions are strong yet fleeting and constantly fluctuating.
    Last but not least, phlegmatics are diplomatic to the core. They're thoughtful, calm, and people-pleasers. Most everyone likes them, because they're always thinking about how everyone else could be viewing the situation and thus don't offend many people. They are less prone to things like road rage, because they start speculating about *why* that person might have cut them off. They're not usually very fast decision makers, because they don't want to have made the wrong choice (this aggravates the quick-thinking choleric). When they don't want to do something, they're quite stubborn and must be calmly encouraged and persuaded.
    Okay, sorry that that was so long! I guess I warned you. Since I definitely wasn't very concise, you probably don't need to take the test to really know which one you are, but it's nice to see the different levels of each temperament that you are, so I'd still recommend it. (open psychometrics has one that's pretty accurate)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: THANK YOU!!! I want to get to know you better!!! Your comments was so sweet! How are you?

First of all, how on earth did I miss this piece?! This is wonderful! Such a fun prompt.

Secondly, your comment made me laugh. Yeah, I think cutting/dying my hair was one of the best decisions I've ever made. My self-confidence like, skyrocketed (it's still not that high though!). I really love it. I did have to bleach it, but it wasn't bad. But your hair sounds so pretty!! Sometimes, I miss having super long hair that I can style. Oh well! :)
    Also, as for height, yeah, 5'10" is pretty tall. I'm still taller than a lot of the guys in my grade (although they're catching up). I wish I was shorter, sometimes--I feel like I stick out too much because of my height. And I just look awkward--all the time! :) but it's okay. Sometimes I like being tall!! XD
    Hope you're having a wonderful day!!

• Pavithra C.P

RE : OMG!! You are spot on!!! Really omg!! But I dont have many friends but I have some very very close friends :))
    But that was so amazing!! U should try one of those! heheh :))

• Pavithra C.P

Hey, so I tried describing you out of my imagination in my new piece called- wtw descriptions :)) It was fun. Please could you see through it and check if I got it right heheh :))

• Pavithra C.P

OMG LOVE THIS!!!!

• (sk)eyesofocher

Hi Saanvi! We haven't spoken in awhile. If you still have your email, we can still catch up?

• Jason_claire :)

Aw, this is so sad and relatable. I have a friend (may or may not actually be my friend) who is just like this. I sometimes worry if I'm helping them or am just making their life so much harder.
    Replying-I appreciate your comment all the same, and it's totally chill you were a tad bit late, I like people's input all the same. Thank you!

• sci-Fi

Ugh THANK YOU!! Every time I answer any of those questions the person who asked is like "How could u think that?? Here's why you're WRONG--"
    I completely agree about your Remus/Sirius thing; right around that time IS when they would be dating, though I'm pretty sure there was some stuff going on at Hogwarts too. They had to have at LEAST kissed when they were in school. Seriously. (Siriusly XD). But he totally loved Tonks (and Tonks was Sirius' niece soooooo)
    Huh, I've never read those fanfics. Or any, I don't read HP fanfiction. IDK why. But I'm craving content right now so u have any good recommendations?
    Yeah no. Snape having a crush on Lily in no way excuses the way he acted. Seriously, one girl refusing u in high school makes you turn into a death eater and abuse her son?? No.
    Woah long comment. Sorry bout that.

• sci-Fi

Re: Ha! Another Potterhead! To answer your questions:

1. Yes, I do think he loved Tonks,(he was so hppy when Teddy was born and I love how he called her Dora) but Remus is 100% bisexual and has a crush on Sirius.
    2. Neither. Their deaths were necessary to the plot, and if either of them had lived Harry and the entire series would be different. Besides, even if I had tried, neither of them would have left their family.
    3. I have mixed feelings about Draco and Snape. Sure, each of them had trauma, but they both took it out on innocent bystanders. Even so I think I would save Draco, because he was a kid who was quite literally being controlled by evil, and Snape was just a boy who got turned down by his crush.

What about you??

• happygiggles

Wow. WOw. WOW. I hereby declare this piece as fan dabby dosey tip tapsy toesy :D
    In English, that translate to, I really like this! LOL :D

this is so amazing! The rhyming really gives it its own unique meaning. Love this <3

• poetri

Ok but this is super relatable. The last stanza especially is just *chef's kiss* perfect. The rhyme scheme feels natural and the whole main point is so original. Beautiful job. Thanks for doing the prompt an I wish you all the best! <3 :)

• thea_ivy

I know there is no way you know me and I don't even know if this is a true piece but this made my day. I feel like someone finally understands, even if its just some random person. Thank you, and this writing is beautiful. <3

• katnissromanoff

This is so amazing. Something about your word choice is just stunning. Ater reading so many, I think I'll write one :)

• Calisa

I just love how everyone is writing this now. I've written one right here https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/201669/version/412215

• Samina

Loved the rhyme and this is so yet beautiful!
    Also, I have written a piece on the prompt :)