journal.scribbles

Asian American
Slytherclaw
INTP-T

currently:
-overthinking
-procrastinating
-perfectionisting
-jealous of the poets who somehow write such consistently aesthetic poetry

So I ended up going a bit more abstract for Draco and Harry because I felt like I couldn’t fully tell their story in normal images.

Also don’t ask me why I chose this order for the characters. I honestly have no idea. I just wrote them down in the order I thought of them and was too lazy to do anything other than copy and paste it when I was done XD

The British phrases thing in Ron’s: that was intended for everyone who doesn’t live in Britain. If you do, pretend it says American phrases. :)

Fictional characters as people: Harry Potter characters

7
Neville Longbottom- dirt under their nails, too many plants on the windowsill, has tripped over everything in existence. has a specialty in wrong answers and raised hands and often knows the right thing to say at the wrong time. report card covered in all B+s and one A (to be extensively celebrated). cherishes old photos and current friends. 

Ron Weasley- hand-me-down sweaters and faces blushing as bright red as their namesake’s hair. saying British phrases just for the sake of it. pretending to read books recommended by their best friend and constantly made fun of for an irrational fear. watches the minutes pass on the classroom clock until they are free. will not tolerate any disrespect for their favorite sports team. willing to puke slugs for their loved ones. just wants to be enough for someone.

Hermione Granger- color-coded planners and calendars full of extracurricular events. extra credit isn’t optional. voted most academically inclined and is. plans every friend’s birthday three weeks in advance and Starbucks on exam mornings. the bathroom is the only location for tears. too many “or worse, expelled”s and not enough “hey, you’re a girl”s, but plenty of doing the thinking for themselves.

Draco Malfoy- would rather be the villain than the victim. expectations to fulfill. respect is reserved for those who deserve it, trust for those who earn it, love for those who can bear it. “my father will hear about this” translates, under a thick layer of armor, to “our fathers’ ideology exists and therefore ours cannot.” murky water dripping from rusty pipes, and liking the noise enough not to fix it.  

Harry Potter- the main character of every future they can imagine, not that there are many they can. important by circumstance, but it always comes down to their choice, and the cost of “yes” is easy to ignore. gifts from family five years ago remain looked at every day. old scars hurt more than anybody knows. their only objective is to prevent new ones on the people they love. 

Ginny Weasley- at any given time, the whole school knows their crush. totally not sarcastic at all. high ponytails and chipped nail polish and cute over-sized t-shirts. people are jealous of their name in every explanation of the highlights of the game last night, but even more so of how many people want to hurt them and how few succeed. strong, independent, imperfectly perfect.

Luna Lovegood- half-full cups of tea gone cold and marking Friday the 13ths on their- wait where did they put that calendar again? fragments of quotes scribbled on their palm and doodles on the margins of every worksheet. internally (or sometimes externally) talks to the spider as they carefully relocate it to a safer place. doesn’t mind sitting alone at lunch, but wants more than anything to be surrounded by people who understand.
Remember that trend from a while ago about concepts as people? I finally thought of a somewhat interesting one! This was pretty fun to write and I intend to write more, either of other Harry Potter characters or characters from other books and stuff. If you have any suggestions, let me know! Also feel free to write your own. Just comment the link! :) I relate to certain parts of Neville, Draco, and Luna. Who do you think you are? 

• The Ravenclaw Dragon

This is great! I believe I relate most to Hermione. Maybe you could also do Fred and George Weasley- the two jokesters. This is really good. Keep on writing!

Hey! I need some help! I'm stuck on the novel writing competition, and I need some opinions! I would love if you could give this a read!

• Rose A(hiatus)

Haha! I'm probably a bit of Ron and Luna! I love doing a British accent(for hours at a time). also, just wanted to ask for permission to have your name on my bio.

• sci-Fi

Ha I love this!
    I'm definitely a mix of Luna and Ginny. And maybe kind of Harry, but just a little bit.

• SamWiseGamjee

LOVED IT!
    umm.....I don't know I'm somewhere between Neville Ron and harry

I LOVE IT. personality stuff, especially in relation to literature, is amazing. concepts as people... yessssss. hmm... i'm hermione, luna, and the british thing from ron. because i like doing british accents, and i don't think i'm halfway horrible.
    can you maybe add a dumbledore and mcgonagall? idk, just a thought. or maybe a professors/staff only series! like lockhart, moody, quirrell, snape, sprout, flitwick, slughorn, hagrid, *shudders* umbridge, maybe, madam pomfrey, filch (ha) and... that's pretty much it for main professors that are important, isn't it? ooh the weasley twins! (i know they're absolutely their own people, but it's easier to think of them as one entity.) oliver wood would be good for the sports try-hard, pumped up for pe, don't mess with my people/team, get the snitch or die trying. (that's sometimes me, i confess.)
    ok, going away for now! concepts as people is one of my fave things. like colors, seasons, places, music, subjects, etc.