queenie

~

she atacc
she protecc
but most
importantly
ana's a waterbender??
heCk
jkjk

The Other Son: Chapter 4 ( Some Weird Percy Jackson Type Continuation Thing That I Decided To Write Because..???)

2
NOTE: THIS CHAPTER WILL BE TOLD FROM PERCY'S POINT OF VIEW. I'M NOT THE BEST AT MIMICKING HOW CHARACTERS ARE PORTRAYED IN BOOKS. BUT I'M GONNA TRY MY BEST. IF YOU SEE ISSUES, FEEL FREE TO POINT IT OUT, BUT DON'T BE OUTWARDLY MEAN ABOUT IT. NOT THAT ANYONE HAS BEEN, BUT PLEASE GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM? THANK YOU!

The whole Boston Aquarium thing was an absolute massacre. It's not like we were expecting it, so I can't really blame anyone. It just comes with the territory
When that geyser came spurting at us, I sort of braced myself for impact. All I got was a black eye -Andreus got a a few fractured ribs and a busted leg. I've seen a lot of scary, mind bending things in the past five years, some of which I can never rid from my head. But I will never, ever get the image of Andreus's femur popping out through the skin out of there. It was..I don't even want to go into detail. It was bad. 

Debri was still flying everywhere. I knew I had to get us out of there. I slipped his arm over mine and hoisted him up as best I could. It was amazing he was still conscious, well, not amazing. More like lucky. 
"What the fuck was that?" He groaned, looking up at me for an answer. "Some..s-sorta whirlpool?" 
"Sort of." I grunt. He's heavier than he looks. "It was Kharbydis." 
"Khar..what?" Andreus squints as we near the giant glass doors. One of them is shattered. Only the frame of it is still standing. It's an easy way out. Carefully, we stepped through it and onto the pavement. 
I don't really remember what happened between escaping the aquarium and arriving at Camp Half Blood besides the ride in the Gray Sisters' Taxi. It was worse than I could have ever dreamed.  Andreus seems to agree. His face turned a sickly shade of green halfway through the journey. I knew it took everything in him to keep it down.
I don't even recall saying "Stêthi 'Ô hárma diabolês". That means "Stop, chariot of damnation," in Latin, in case you were wondering. 
Chiron meets us at the Big House, Vanessa and Ana are by his side. Ana let out a squeak when she saw her dad, and Vanessa pressed her face into her chest. "Don't look, mi amor. Don't look." 
Annabeth and Dionysus were waiting on the porch, Dionysus looked apathetic and bored, like always. On this particular day, he's sporting a Patriots jersey instead of his leopard print button-up. His nose is bright red and beams like how Rudolph's nose probably does. I wasn't expecting anything different. 
I help to hoist him up the steps and into the infirmary. Ana tried to follow us, but Vanessa held her back. It hurt me to turn them away. They're gonna be in the company of Mr. D; that's hardly a comfort. Chiron works his magic, and Annabeth does the bandaging. I just sit there and watch as my brother lays on his cot in agony, and howls when Chiron sets his leg back into place. That's when I turn away. But still, I try to reach out for his hand, just to tell him I'm there. 

Chiron feeds him some ambrosia, and the three of us watch as he drifts off to sleep. Ana's sitting on the stoop, drawing in the wet dirt with a stick she'd found. They were cute little doodles of hearts and things. Her hair reached at least the middle of her back - it was this chestnut color, with little hints of red. Her face is red and puffy from crying. I settle down next to her. Her gaze flicks over to me, and she buries her face into my sweater. I don't really know how to react for a second, but I pull her into a hug. She starts to cry again. "I-Is my..dad gonna be..okay?" She chokes out through her tears. 

"He's gonna be okay. I promise. He's a pretty strong guy, y'know?" I tell her. She sniffed loudly and pulled away. She pushed a stray lock of hair from her face and smiled. "..I-I know, it's just..nothing," It slips from her face and is replaced with the frown from before. "It's..complicated."
I decide not to give my two cents on that. I look out on the horizon. The sky's a creamy grey, but the waterfront is a clear light blue. "Come on." I tell her. "Let's take a walk."
Our shoes squelch against the damp, rain spattered dirt path to the shore, rocky and slippery. A gull circles a buoy and settles on the top of it. The salty smell makes it feel like I'm at home. Really, that's what this place is. Ana kneels down and I see something..off in her eyes. Bits of blue mix in with the hazel hue of her irises as her fingertips graze the surface. Suddenly, she cups her hands and a small, smooth crystal ball forms in her palms. Her mouth makes a little 'o' and she looks up at me. "..Am..Am I doing that?"
I nod. "I'm sure not doing it." I take my hands out of my pockets just to show her.  She laughs and falls back on her butt. The ball she formed melts back in with the rest of the lakewater. "I can't believe I just did that! Do you think I'm..special?" Her eyes fade back to hazel. 
I don't just think it. I know it. 

Get ready for some Percy and Ana hijinks kids ;)

your new profile pic is stunning, i'm a sucker for anything aesthetic

oh boy, i'm excited. uncle percy is in the houuuuse! *cringes at what i just typed but not gonna delete it*
    okay, the femur thing was perfectly ghastly. how was kharybdis there??? what??? insane!
    imagining mr. d in that jersey with the red nose... yuck, but points for imagery and description.
    i think you did pretty well with the style and character of percy. he's not too hard to get into character with, i think. he's pretty chill. well done on this piece!
    so EXCITED!!!

OooooooOOOHHHHH