almost flora kane

my pen name is flora kane. i'm a slytherin, infp-t, christian, and generally insane. joined 3.30.2018.

~ will do reviews on request ~

currently hoping i don't lose anyone else.

what is the "friend group aesthetic" you wish you had? or a date you want to go on one day?

please. and i wish. and maybe?

10
before you walk away
sit down
at my cafeteria table
listen to me ramble 
for just one second
how we could be 
perfect, in the 
humanly
sort of way. 

bring me to a parking garage
with your friends 
i don't know, but still trust. 
take 
a skateboard for 
you to teach,
and i to learn. 

hold my hands until
i can ride
smoothly. yes. so 
we can drive to
a movie theater with 
the windows down. 
i'll sing while
you drum your fingers 
on the dashboard. 

i'll bicker with 
your best friend but 
he'll laugh at my 
stubbornness. then,
you can smile when 
you see how
perfect
we are.
how humanly.
haha oops. yeah this is what i wish... i wish this would be a thing in my life. please? anyway, kind of a sequel. okay, not really a sequel, its more like a connected piece to don't. and never. and you? (the curse of a crush) that i put out at the wrong time of day, so not many people saw it. what is the "friend group aesthetic" you wish you had? or a date you want to go on one day?

• October 26, 2020 - 11:47am (Now Viewing)

• Stumbling Conundrum

Re: I cannot thank you enough for reviewing my piece! It helped me so much, and I am so grateful for your advice. I will take every word into account when I rewrite it! <3

re: wait now i kinda wanna do that... if i do i'll let you know :)

• ???

WOW this is so simple and sweet! <3ed it!!!

Re: glad i could inspire! yeah, colors are just such wonderful things, yk? and there's soooooo many, every shade is pretty much singular and unique.

Re: yeah it sounded a bit weird, but i know what you meant. ;) thank you for "listening." i like hearing others' stories. I like finding out who people are, how i can know someone yet not really. i'm probably never gonna take you up on the email offer, just because this is a virtual community and yk, safety. i do think you're who you say you are, it's just... caution.
    my favorite color, hmmm... i can't decide. i don't have one. and it depends. like i have favorite colors to wear (jewel and deep earth tones, although i won't say no to a light, ditsy floral dress), colors for a room (white, mauve-lilac, teal, steel-blue gray, seafoam, sage green, rust, cobalt, coral, lavender), colors for a car (cavalry blue as seen on the toyota tacoma, lime green, plum crazy, cherry red, pearl white, electric blue, bright red, non-metallic gray, titanium, olive green), colors in general, which may be similar to clothes colors (olive green, burgundy, plum/egglplant, mauve-lilac, blush, slate gray, navy, dark turquoise, rust, sage green, sunset orange-gold-pink, early morning sky of purplish haze, crimson) and colors that are just nice (soft earth tones, rich jewel tones, comforting neutrals), and colors i'd consider for my wedding (blush, champagne, burgundy, navy, sage green, cream, steel blue, mauve, cobalt, olive green, crimson, cobalt, slate gray, rust, an interesting shade of blue or green that i have not yet found)
    also, black never fails me. good for any and everything, in moderation. and mustard works in certain occasions/settings.

Re: strangely, i had very little schoolwork today. it's too good to be true... and i get to go back to school tmrw! (we're on hybrid, 2 days a week, but i had to quarantine for 2 weeks.) ok, so i've gone to school w/him for several years (since 3rd grade, i think?) but i didn't really know him at all until 8th grade. now we're sophomores, and i'm not really sure how everything happened. i mean, we sat next to each other in a horribly crazy english in 8th grade, so we spent a lot of time trying to actually do work and rolling our eyes at others. then our friend groups started to overlap more and more; his friends changed kinda and my circle grew to include all the nerdy guys (he's definitely a smart nerd—science guy, legos, video games, but also deep and philosophical, a reader, and interested in the world and politics). and along with another one of my best friends (girl), he was the only person from middle school who went to my hs. we all stuck together. i guess... i just don't have convos that deep w/any of my other friends. one of my girlfriends, whose house i've been to dozens of times, who goes to a different hs now, who's changed, who i would call my best friend in middle school... i never really talked to her like that. and granted, it was middle school. friends, the office, disney channel, youtube, pringles, gummy worms, cats, and movies were our existence.
    but as crazy as this is, part of why i like him is because i can have real, intellectual convos w/him. i mean, it sounds really boring to be like "yeah, i was talking to him about the economic impact of covid-19 and how the elections are shaping up. yeah, we talked about the debates. yeah, we send pics of cats and sunsets and flowers and discuss how biology works and whether the nation will bounce back from 2020 and how it relates to global tensions. yeah, i can talk to him about the twisty nature of female friendships. yeah, we talked about his 3-d printer and the models he's building." those are real topics we've discussed. XD
    but the nicest thing is how he listens. it's a balance of give and take. he's just... easy to be around. he's normal and way mature for his age, which can be good and bad. granted, i think he needs a haircut, but it could be worse.
    that got long, sorry.

• birthdaycandles

hi! wow can i just say that you have the prettiest pen name ever :o i just saw your comment on a piece and just had to say lol! also, i'm doing peer reviews at the minute, please lmk if you'd like one for this piece or any of your pieces and i'd be happy to oblige! :)

Re: i was totally gonna start schoolwork, i swear... after this reply, i will XD
    i actually do think i'll end up dating this guy at some point in hs, even though i wrestle with the idea of dating and serious relationships in hs. i love flowers! i love your red and white carnations idea.
    sunflowers are my favorite flowers of all time because they're just so lovely and cheerful and bright and big. i really like the soft purplish-pink color, and tulips just seemed to fit that, since they come in so many colors. soft purple and golden-yellow also look really nice together. i can attest to it. and baby's breath is just so delicate and lovely. it definitely goes better w/jewel toned flowers, esp. red, but i would definitely want it at a formal occasion with greenery. it's a touch whimsical and a great accent flower.

Re: no worries! and your writing and your profile are seriously amazing.

to answer the questions, i'm actually pretty happy with my friend group. i'm an aesthetics junkie, but i don't know what i would want in that sense. as for the date... i've definitely not made up this whole story in my head starring one of my best friends, my closest guy friend (who likes me and i like him, and we both know it, but we're really good as friends)... going to his house and baking cookies with his mom (he still hasn't given me the recipe!) and just hanging out and talking to him and his awesome little sister and him asking me to prom with flowers? (sunflowers, lilac-colored tulips, and baby's breath)
    yeah, i've pretty much played this in my head too much. hazards of being a writer. except i'm a sophomore, so i couldn't go to prom unless an older guy asked, so this is taking place in my junior year in my head. i'm not ready for a relationship anyway.
    also, coffee shop anything. and hikes. sunrise and sunset hikes. and tv series marathons. and group dates.

ohhh yes i want this. your writing makes me want something that doesn't exist

just read the first one--i love this!!! it is so sweet and perfect... i've been doing a lot of daydreaming lately (which is reflected in my writing--i wrote a piece called "who she'll be" that's basically just me dreaming) so this really hit <33 wonderful poem!! I'm in love with the ending <333

• Rachaelgrace

This is really good! I love it. Nice writing :)

ooooh beautiful work as always! oh i just really want to belong to like a group of 5 people or something. i have a lot of good friends, but don't go to school with anyone. in non covid times, i usually only sit by myself..... ahhh, i wish i had friends at school. whatever. <3 <3 <3