therisingwriter

Rwanda

He/Him
Hi - Just wanna write!
Family, Environment, Love
Routine ripens love - so do what you love and love what you do!

Writing 4 Change, and for the Best of Man-kind.

Always leave a comment and or a review if you can:) And, if you ever want any help, maybe a review, feel free to drop the piece in the comments!

Your suggestions, I highly appreciate...I'm so glad to be in this community!

Kwomboka

Kwomboka: walking on your toes so as not to let anyone hear you are there…

“Kwomboka”: a word(verb) in Kinyarwanda that when told isn’t just a word, it’s also a spark!

This is a word that sparks memories of one’s childhood especially the time you had misbehaved. when you had gone out to visit or play with friends without asking for permission and at the time of coming back home, that action followed – Kwomboka. When you wanted to take something without letting anyone know, that’s what we always did when we were kids.

For someone you tell this word and ask them what impression it brings, they will usually even first give  a smile and then tell you: childhood memories. And this word holds more on people who have had their childhood in the countryside where such experiences are high.

Kwomboka: a word(verb), a spark, a memory - the funny moments of childhood, the countryside times!

1

• Bhavya's Treasure

Wow! It's slightly similar to tiptoe but that spark, those delicious childhood memories, those moments are not felt in 'tiptoe' but I could feel them in Kwomboka. :D

The personal touch you gave to this piece made it such a delightful, mischievous read!

• Sarsora

This is an amazing piece!

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

Wow! Cool!
    Re: Thanks so much! I like it when people like my stories!

• If you died right now, where would you go? (Kit-Kat Sully)

Replying: Haha! You can call me Kit-Kat, or Katherine, even Katrina. Whichever you wish. Thank you for reading my piece, I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

woah, i am going to use this word a lot! why is there no English word for it!!!???? what an awesome word! <3