mindfruit (semi-active)

he/him | taiwanese-vietnamese
15
Catholic
basketballer and pianist
artist (sometimes)
community ambassador alum
Sanderson, McMann, and Messenger

est. July 7th, 2020

Currently vibing to:
Donda by Kanye

A little busy with school and feeling under the weather currently, will try to pop in when I can!

Be sure to check out:
~Rohan's Defender (awesome writer and awesome person! should seriously consider becoming a motivational speaker)
~Anne Blackwood (my wtw mom, one of the finest poets on this site!)
~FantasyOtter12 (a daily source of laughter and good emotional feels!)

Say hi if we haven't met!
Say hi if we have met!

The Wonderful World of Q

Q, adjective: the perfect combination of softness and chewiness, used to describe foods (Taiwanese)

As a person of Chinese/Taiwanese and Vietnamese descent, I’ve eaten lots of Asian food throughout my life. Dumplings, rice cakes, noodles, pork buns, egg tarts, phở; you name it, I’ve had it. And in the case of many of these dishes, it’s not enough to just have great taste - it’s also important to have great texture. Q is the word to describe that flawless, Goldilocks consistency: not too firm, not too soft; not too chewy, not too mushy; just right. For anyone familiar with al dente pasta, Q is a similar concept. The word has no perfect English translation, but you’ll recognize Q immediately when you eat something with it. 
While it is quite difficult to describe something with Q texture, I’m sure you all have experienced it at some point or another. You know when you bite into what could only be described as the perfect mochi? That’s Q. Or when you have noodles that are just so right you can’t help but sigh in bliss? That’s Q. Now you have a new vocabulary word to use whenever you go out for boba!

• October 26, 2020 - 10:47am (Now Viewing)

• The Inky Writer

This is a fabulous piece of writing! I really enjoyed learning more about the Asian culture (not that I knew much to begin with) so thank you :)

• In Which Yaya Writes

Huh, this is really interesting! I’ve never heard that before. Such a cool prompt, too! My range of Asian food begins and ends at the Chinese Buffet... But this kinda makes me want to try some more! Great job!

WAIT WHAT THE HECK YOURE VIETNAMESE? me too dude omg ive been like. scouring the earth for a fellow vietnamese wtwer. ive found like, exactly one. and then here's you!! you can call me chi if you want ;-;

• Huba Huba

This piece is a great example!
    Could you review my poem, "When Branta canadensis Go South"

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Hi, Connor! How are you? BTW, congrats on almost 100 followers!! Just one more...

• JayceeRae

Re: thank-you i just got the review and am about to read it

• JayceeRae

can you please review my piece called elena? and i like this piece:)!

• Rachaelgrace

This is really good! Nice job!

• midnight.summerrose

(Don’t know why I’m not following you. I have corrected my mistake!! Sorry!)

Sirius Black and the mission to kill (His perspective on PoA) is out!

• Nathaniel G. Williams

Wondali Chapter 3 is out now!

How interesting... This prompt makes me wish I knew more Arabic lol

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Wow that’s so cool! Thank you for teaching me something new!

wait, that's so cool! learned a new word, yay!

• JustAnotherDarling

this makes so much sense?!!! (and i can't wait to get boba now - just to use my new vocab word :)