sci-Fi

call me Fi :)
Black and LGBTQ+ Lives Matter
Feminist
~pink~purple~blue~
she/they
Aries INFP-A Fangirl ;D

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUUUUUU

Third home (PLZ READ FOOTNOTES!!!!!)

22
Months ago, I joined a website,
fingertips calloused and swollen
mind clogged with words.

I begin to post thinking
"why not? Maybe it'll be helpful."
Little did I know what would happen.

It wasn't immediate, the recognition
at first my pieces slipped through the dashboard,
no praise given.

And then, one day, a comment.
Then a like.
Then a follow.

I posted more, wrote more.
Got reviews, improved,
sharpened the blade of my greatest weapon, my words.

My parents drifted apart.
Got divorced.
And I had two homes.

The world shut down.
We were locked inside.
The world turned quiet.

But this... this was my third home that
connected me to the world.

Thank you.
You guys have no idea how happy I am right now.
One. Hundred. Followers. 
I can't... gods, it means so much. When I first joined I never really expected people would like what I wrote, much less want to follow me for it. But apparently I was wrong, and it's never felt so good to have been incorrect.
So just to thank a few people:

Chaseoceans: You were the first person to ever like and comment on one of my pieces, and it made me so happy to see you liked something I wrote. Thanks for getting me going!
beth r.: For being you're usual hilarious self, please keep posting, your pieces always make me smile.
LindytheDarkRaven (#Spookified): pls never stop being a potterhead. Talking about who I would take to the WTW Yule Ball is something I never would have thought of XD. Lets get a WTW Convention!
mirkat: You only showed up like a week ago, but WOAH you are amazing. Seriously, 71 followers in that small amount of time is just a little insane. You're so kind and you always seem to be liking and commenting on my pieces. Thank you!!!
haunted.by.words (#queenie's halloween): Hey, we have differences. A LOT of them. That directly affect both of us. But Fangirling over Tower of Nero was so fun, and I'm glad we could have a discussion about what we believe without, ya know, going crazy. 
FantasyOtter12: Thanks for your kind comments and support always. You were amazing from the start of that sci-fi/fantasy camp, and you're still amazing now.
seaomelettetherisingwriterTula.Smooncake, and mindfruit (brainsssfruit): Hey CAs! You guys are awesome, and I am loving this ambassador ship so far. Thanks for reviewing and supporting me over the past month and a half. CAvengers Assemble! (Lauren I'm officially stealing that). 
exilityy.jackskellington (#Queenie’s Halloween): My first follower, my best friend my wtw twin. Love you stupid.

AAAHHHH 100 FOLLOWERS!!! I can't believe it. Unfortunately I couldn't mention all of you, so I'll just say a general THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! 

Re: oh, good, when i read i can have someone to talk to. although mirkat isnpired me read them in the first place. and don't leave! well, class is nearly over and i have pe next, but i'll check wtw when possible. still working on the bast pov among other projects.

DID SOMEBODY SAY BOOK RECS?! *cackles wickedly and shoves an enormous comment stacked w/titles at you...* (copy+pasted this from other comment)
    I don’t know what you’re into, but for impactful l, deep and poignant: All the Light We Cannot See, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close; for a rich and spellbinding novel on WWI, love, and Greek mythology: Lovely War; for a funny middle grade series, Percy Jackson, Storm Chaser, Keeper of the Lost Cities, Maximum Ride; for a dark, rich, enchanting high fantasy, the Caraval trilogy; for a classic, The Great Gatsby; for a fun YA, To All the Boys I Loved Before or The Cupcake Queen; for a tragic YA, The Fault in Our Stars; for a YA thriller and political and friend drama, Embassy Row trilogy; for a Victorian era comedy of manners where girls go to finishing school to become spies, Finishing School series; for a steampunk dystopian with impeccable world building and a prison that’s alive, Incarceron; for a series about books, Story Thieves or Inkheart; for a classic fiction series, Lord of the Rings, the Chronicles of Narnia, or A Wrinkle in Time; for a murder mystery-coming of age-romance-nature-adult novel, Where the Crawdads Sing; for a scandalous, twisting, glitzy dystopian trilogy, The Thousandth Floor; For a lively fairytale spin: Land of Stories, School for Good and Evil, Sisters Grimm; for a dark and breathtaking Cinderella spin, Stepsister; for an intriguing fantasy series, Magisterium; for a middle-grade, lighthearted modern fantasy, Children of the Red King (Charlie Bone); for a mind-melting, ingenious, hilarious urban sci-fi, The Accelerati Trilogy (highly recommend!); for a supernatural spin on a classic, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies; for a sparkling romance, royal drama, intrigue, strong female friendships, fiery redheads, and people who stand up for what's right, The Selection series; for just straight up brilliance, tears, laughter, and YA fun (some mature references, kind of like The Fault in Our Stars but not explicit), Hope and Other Punch Lines.

Re: that's so awesome! i wish i could take those classes! speaking of classes, i'm actually in a real math class rn, so... this feels weird but whatever.
    i loved the legend trilogy!!! rn, i've been rereading story thieves (absolutely twisty and clever) but i just got anne of green gables and the time-traveler's wife @ the library. (it's my first day back since quarantine).

Re: yeah, don. :( ok, latin is super cool and i wish i could take latin, even tho it's not spoken anymore. i mean, it's a root to our language and all the romance languages, which i love, and would help w/spanish. plus, it's just cool. and it's so scholarly. (yeah, i also am into linguistics.) and i know what you mean about videos... they can really get you. there are songs and videos that i know will make me tear up now. part of hormonal teenager-ness.

Re: ok... i didn't actually cry until Don the faun. if i need to tear up, i just go reread that scene. zoe's scene also makes me sad, with the whole stars thing, and bianca's wasn't emotional but it hurt nico so much. beckendorf was being a hero and knew what he was getting into, so that didn't hurt as much except for what it did to silena. silena's death was also pretty sad. and yeah, the side character thing is cruel.
    i really did not expect rick to kill one of the 7. but oddly, it didn't hit me that hard. losing dakota, tho... and don. don's was the worst for me. it was kind of like dobby.
    *excuse me while i cry buckets and watch music videos that also make me cry but in a happy way* (andas en mi cabeza, cuando nadie ve, robarte un beso, un ano)
    they're all in spanish because we're doing a thing in spanish class that's like march madness, but with songs. we watched all the videos, and those are the four that made me tear up. i recommend. they induce happy tears tho, like proposals, old couples being sweet, finding long lost dogs, etc.

• journal.scribbles

Congrats!!! Being my awkward self, I never know what to say in these congratulatory comments. But I'm so happy for you! Congrats!!!

Also, I was reading the comment thread, and have similar questions to what haunted.by.words has: Who would you take to the yule ball in the Marauders Era and Golden trio era? I'd, much like haunted.by.words, would take Remus Lupin, because, I mean who wouldn't? I'd probably go with Neville in the Golden Trio Era, because he is just so sweet :) Plus, we both suck at dancing and need a lot of practice XD

Yay! Hundred followers and ambassadorship! Congratulations! *Dances around the room and throws confetti* You writing is amazing!

• Dmoral

congrats!

Re: thanks so much for everything. discussion with you helped me too. and i'm glad that we can focus on similarities, not only differences. i also wouldn't be opposed to lee jordan, just saying... i'm starting to remember how many characters jo created! hundreds, actually, but now i'm thinking of more. yk, charlie or bill if they'd been in school at the time... NOT PERCY THOUGH HE'D BE WORSE THAN DRACO OR ERNIE OR ANYONE. i mean, you can always ditch someone else. but percy would follow you around and tell you about cauldron regulations. yeah, i could get behind ginny or luna. luna is one of my faves just cause she's so... her. but ginny is a veritable spitfire. i've always felt like i was a combo of ginny (feisty and athletic, although i'm not that feisty), hermione (bookworm, know-it-all, try-hard, but fierce and brave), and luna (living in a world of her own, creative, oddly wise and loyal). oh, and a dash or two of awkward neville-ness. (before the glow-up.)
    i'm trying to think of another riordan or rowling question, but since the series are done, idk. oh! oh! worst death in riordanverse? (like, people, not monsters) i know one that makes me cry every time...
    i cannot ask you about the worst death in hp, that's unfair and awful. it hurts too much.
    by worst, i mean emotionally torturous. actually, i guess this is two categories of worst deaths. the worst, emotionally, and the worst, plot-wise and affecting the other characters.

Congrats! That's so cool :D

• bookmagic

Congrats! I'm proud to be one of your followers. And it's great that you have a home here.

• beth r.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh congrats!!!!!!!! ur so amazing!
    thanks for the shoutout >3

• doodleninja

HEEEEEEY YOU AMAZING WRITER YOU! Congrats on getting to 100 followers! That's so sweet that WtW is like your third home. I am overjoyed to have you living under the same roof XD <3

WOOHOO!!! You deserve this so much. Congratulations. I'm so delighted to have a shout-out! You opened my eyes in a lot of ways, and I'm so glad we could fangirl and talk. Also, your poem itself speaks volumes. I hope everything works out, and I'm glad you and everyone have this place. This third home, as you brilliantly penned it.
    ok, i'm curious: who would you take to the yule ball? assuming you went to school with the trio, during the books? who would you take, if anyone, if it were marauder's era?
    In the trio's era, I'd probably end up with neville, but i would also like to go with seamus or dean. probably seamus. although i have no doubt fred or george would be the most fun. i wouldn't turn down justin finch-fletchley (i would turn down ernie, though) and i would consider blaise. but yeah, fred or george. probably fred.
    as for marauder's era, remus all the way. sirius is too charming. too smooth.

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: ahhhh it cannot waitttt

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: yesss I cant wait for the Disney+ series! We get Nico, and Will, and accurate Percabeth ahhhhhhh

• ChocolateKiwi

Congrats!!!!

• Mpm#1

As I sit here I see it is now at 102. I'm sorry... That can't be right. Allow me to correct it to 103.<3

• (sk)eyesofocher

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! aww thanks:) WtW conventiooooon!
    re: Ohhhhh that's a hard question. I love (judge me I dare you) Nico di Angelo, and my favorite ship? Percabeth. Fight me. I ship it so dang hard, my sister is disgusted XD. But I also love Magnus chase!

• rwong

CONGRATS!!! <3 keep writing :)

Aw you're too kind <3 HUGE congrats keep on writing!!

:)) YAY!!!! This is HUGE!!!! :)) <333 Happy writing, dear!!! :))

yayayay! CONGRADULA OF TIONS! i love how time passed and things changed in your personal life and yet you kept writing. beautiful! <3 also your shoutout made me so happy! i love spreading happinessss! <3 <3 <3 keep writing! <3

• Busssy.Beee

CONGRATS!! You're writing is amazing!! Keep going!! <3<3