Yie

Kind of experimenting with different sorts of styles at the moment.

any sort of feedback that can help me improve and highlight what i have done well :)

The Virus is Spreading

PROMPT: Cli-Fi

4
You need to be careful these days, you never know who has been infected. 

It started ten years ago, the robots began taking over. We've had to go back to the old days; pens and paper, fires for cooking light and warmth, and we tend to use the waterfalls and rivers for washing and swimming. Electricity is now illegal because the reliance on them is what caused this. Technology kept being developed and developed and developed until humanity lost control of it, the technology started to take over, and now we live our lives in fear. We have to be home as soon as we've finished work. We can't trust anyone, because the virus takes over the soul, you aren't even safe with a friend or family member.

The virus began to spread through radiation waves that attacked the brain. Sort of like a cancer. And it's impossible to tell who is infected with the virus, other than the fact their eyes have a yellowish glow around them. We don't even know how many have been taken over now. All we know is we hide.

There isn't a cure yet. It's either kill or be killed, because you can't spend the rest of your life hiding, scared out of your mind. I'm not sure what it's like in other countries, but here in America we are full of the infected. I guess in less economically developed countries where technology isn't relied on permanently, there wont be so many viruses, because if there's nothing for it to feed on, how will it live. 

We thought taking electricity out of our lives would save us, but because we've grown up where electricity is constantly around us, our immune system is weak, we have nothing to fight of the virus.

No one's safe 

1

wow, this is all too real. it also feels like a real, honest to goodness, dystopian novel! so wow, beautiful, vivid, wonderful writing! Keep at it! <3

• Anlee

"I guess in less economically developed countries where technology isn't relied on permanently, there wont be so many viruses, because if there's nothing for it to feed on, how will it live." super interesting take on the prompt! yeah, technology might just become the greatest detriment to leading countries. enjoyed reading your piece <33

wow wow WOW! This is amazing!!! SO GOOD!
    Have you heard of the show The Last Ship by any chance? It is kinda like this (not the robots or anything--just a global virus) It's kinda crazy--it was made like five years ago but its basically what is going on right now with COVID XD (I highly recommend the show btw)
    This is great!