mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

thanks to paisley blue, rwong, wisp, and crystalline galaxies for all the love and support.

scribble chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :), and Starlitskies.

i think i'm a broken umbrella?

take a deep breath and
let tomorrow dissolve
into today;

these altered truths i. (new collection-- see footnotes)

24

v    i    v    i    d    imagination...
creating worlds and people and places. 
             look for drama. love. nostalgia. anger. agony. betrayal.
all of these illusions
                              are based in reality,
but they are warped and shifted and put in new context.
we excel at
                   deception.

the    l    i    e    can slip out so
                                easily.
it starts as a wish and
                                 intensifys into a craving.
before long, i've created an                            not a lie but not a truth, either.
                                          alternate reality. 
and from there i just
                                keep turning
                                and imagining
                                and pretending
to be someone and somewhere else.

sometimes i don't know
                                    who
                                    or what
                                    or where i am.
i make myself up from the
                          fragments of my imagination.
                          the pieces left behind.
i pick them up, dust them off, decide i want them.
                                                    no, i need them.
without these altered truths,
i would be no one.
plain. bland.

i wish didn't depend on my imagination to make myself different.
                                                                                   unique.
                                                                                   interesting.
                                                                                   me. 
it's a beautiful thing, but it can't be trusted.

and so here we stand. my imagination and i.
           lies and truths and wishes and hopes swirl around us. 
           i am me because of them. and yet, i hate them.
i don't want to owe myself anything.

and so here we stand
                        in this alternate reality
                                   where truths are lies and lies become truths.

i originally published this poem on october 26, 2020. i decided i loved this title and the whole idea of truths and lies and dreams and how we interpret them and all that jazz.
so... "these altered truths" is a new collection of poems i'm going to add to. you can check out some former poems that fit with the whole "these altered truths theme" if you want (including echoesonism, and there has to be something). anyway.... can't wait to continue writing! love you guys! <3 <3 <3 

• Oaklandhattie

Your words are amazing and the formatting is so cool. Your writing is like calligraphy BUT WITH A COMPUTER! Nice job and a beautiful poem over all.

• Westley

Amazing! I'll definitely keep reading.

• Stumbling Conundrum

Re: Thank you so much for your kind comment! It made my day! <3

• LaurenBeeWrites

Re: Thanks so much for commenting on my latest post! I do think I am going to repost the prologue and take down the old post so more people can see it. I am going to comment below the prologue I post a really short synopsis, so once again, more people can see it, but since I'm already here, I will just say, Lurid is about a high school girl who ends up going through a portal in her school and ends up in an alternate dimension. There are two main alternate dimensions, Lurid and Pax and Lurid is defiantly your typical dystopia where Pax is a magical realm that is kind of a "Utopia." if you will. That is a VERY short explination, but I will probaly end up putting out more information about the book as I go along the editing process. As far as publishing teens can self publish or traditional publish. I have watched tons of youtube videos about this and I would suggest watching some of Alexa Donne's videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfwTRhTSM2NyJImC8HeUd1Q
    She is great on knowledge in the publishing industry. Obviously, publishing as a teen is something very challenging, but it can be done and one of my biggest goals is to be a published teen author.

re: I have to listen to more sleeping at last songs--last night I was playing them but I was also doing hw so I wasn't really focusing on them if you know what I mean? So today I'm gonna like, actively listen to them. I think my favorite is saturn so far but I'll tell you later for sure ;)

• AbellePuppy34

So deep and just, like... how did you write this?! It's amazing!

• sci-Fi

Re: ooh, I was drinking Black tea when I wrote that, because ~caffeine~ but I rlly like his one tea from Trader Joe's that's like roibus and honeybush. Also chai, I love chai.

• mystifiedtulip

i just started reading this collection and i'm already loving it! the formatting is amazing!!!

re: i'll try to remember xD

also, if you ever need a good laugh, check out "stereo tropes co." on wtw by doodleninja. you can read them in order by the numbers and become part of the fanbase, aka tropies. it's a thing. they are the funniest pieces of writing i've seen on wtw, and it's a good thing i was at home today reading, because i laughed out loud so hard that it would have scared my classmates if i were in class.

Re: wowowow! i loved that, i'm going to use that phrase now if that's ok? i am LOVING the idea! I agree with the nyc/san fran, although idk which. nyc seems so ideal and full of the hopes and dreams of all the immigrants and newcomers, while san fran seems... idk. i've been to both places exactly once, and all i did in sf was go to the exploratorium (which is a really cool interactive science museum about the world around us and stuff). i'd probably vote for nyc, since it's older and with more history and rich setting. at least, in my head i picture it that way. i love the battle for the typewriter kind of thing with the love story! ohhh and the diners! just the aesthetic of it all! have i mentioned i'm obsessed with aesthetics, and i'm a hopeless romantic, always imagining picturesque everything? kind of like anne... except i don't have red hair, although i personally think red hair can be really awesome. this idea is seriously the kind that i could see someone like emma watson, saoirse, keira knightley, etc, acting in. like an indie period drama/dramedy that makes the big headlines. like lady bird. i really want to see it now, because i haven't. i do think saoirse is stunning and admirable, though. and of course, emma watson and keira knightley are two of my fav actresses (and they're both naturally gorgeous). sorry, did this turn into a rant?
    https://time.com/5180697/how-greta-gerwig-is-leading-by-example/

ahhhh love this!!! <33
    re: YESSSSS OMG OMG OMG YOU FINISHED IT IM SO GLAD AHHHHHHHHHH
    okay okay okay
    It blew my mind. to smithereens. I loved it so so so so so much and I'm so so so so so glad you did too!!!!!! <333 yes i love every single part of the play ahhh <333
    yeah i had to read song of myself a few times and the play like three times before i was somewhat contented. it's just the sort of thing where you want it to go on forever but then like also the ending is so perfect you just want to scream--
    yeah
    I'm so so so glad you read it!!!! :)) the part with the music ahhhhhhhh im gonna cryyyy
    Also, another note-- i've fallen in love with Sleeping At Last!!!!!!!! Thank you so so so so so s o o o o much for the recommendation--i absolutely love it :D
    Hope you're having a great night/day/evening :))

This piece is really inspiring, and I like the way you wrote it!
    Re: Thank you!!!

• Huba Huba

This piece is so good! I love the structure!
    Also, I know someone who often calls herself mirkat too! I'm beginning to think that you're her haha. Have you seen assassination classroom? *identity check*

• Anlee

re: ty <33

I love this!! oh gosh i love" without these altered truths,
    i would be no one.
    plain. bland." This is amazing!!

this is a beautifully haunting piece. i especially liked "it's a beautiful thing, but it can't be trusted" and "i don't want to owe myself anything." like, gut punch. just tear my heart out.
    Re: cats rock!!! and that's pretty neat that your whole fam helps you with your videos. and i desperately need more of the beloved typewriter. i love the idea and looks of a typewriter, even though i'm super glad for computers with their easy backspace button.
    so, you've stirred many images and concepts in my mind... it could be a sort of historical fiction (so, a period film :)) and a self-discovery journey. you said the 50s, right? so america's either in or coming out of the korean war, baby boomer generation is growing up/being born, global tensions are high, i'm pretty sure the whole cold war is kind of starting, space race is on, and the dresses are crazy cool. (poodle skirt and polka dots, anyone?) racial tensions are increasing, vintageness is at its height, the golden age of hollywood is still occurring but drawing to a close, and in the midst of all this, a brave young woman seeks to be reunited with a precious heirloom that holds the keys to her future.
    (haha, see what i did there? puns).
    wow, that got out of hand. sorry

• U S E R N A M E S (W R IT I NG HIA T US)

re: Thanks for the advice!!! :)

• Figwit

I'm never going to be able to do a piece of writing justice in a mere comment, but here goes: I loved it!

• Rose A(hiatus)

Re: Maybe I can convince my mom to drive to Dallas... MOMMMMMmmmm
    Sadly, I'm joking. The ice storms have been super bad, so we aren't driving anywhere. I wonder if DoorDash will deliver... what should I get........

• Rose A(hiatus)

Re: Just did some research. If you really want to try it, I found some spots. Hayward, Roseville, Vacaville, American Canyon, Pittsburg, Clovis, Gilroy, Stockton, Fresno, Merced, Ripon. Tell your parents it's a road trip!

• Rose A(hiatus)

Re: No Sonic! If it makes you feel better, Oklahoma doesn't have an in and out. I'd have to go to Dallas. And when I did go to Cali, I didn't get In and out. I could send you a Sonic meal in the mail. I'll just call the UPS store and be like "Do you guys ship fast food?". It'll be a little cold though...

Wow! Amazing, I love this!

• Rose A(hiatus)

I agree with queenie, it probably took a long while to type it. ANYway, I love the beauty and the truth in this poem. Great job, keep writing!

• queenie

i love this piece - especially the formatting. that must have been a pain to type out.

cheers
    -queenie