Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
A bit empathic
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Just to be clear, this isn't directed at one person, but rather, everyone. Love is infinite, so I have more than enough to share.

Unfragile

12

My heart is not made of glass.
You can reach out and touch it.
It is flesh and blood, beating and hoping.
Faith, mystery, and joy
wind through pathways I've made my home.

Look at the ceiling, look at the floor.
They weren't always so strong.
They've broken time after time
until the scars became ink and history.

And there are pieces of
that try to shatter in shards.
But I've learned from the Best,
so my love is strong.
Take my hand, and trust me.
I won't let you go.
Okay no hate to the people who use the glass heart metaphor. I love that imagery, but I wanted to spin it around with my own twist lol.

This is so sweet and beautiful! It really lets your amazing personality shine through! I like how you capitalized "best" by the way.

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: Yay, thank you! I got that now. :)
    Good day!

• Bhavya's Treasure

The first stanza is my favourite. You didn't go by the usual cliché of glass heart but made up your own way!
    What did you mean by 'And there are pieces of
    that try to shatter in shards'?
    I couldn't comprehend this completely...

• lochnessie

b e a u t i f u l <3
    and re: yes lol i am way too far gone this must end

• kealoha

Wow this is beautiful! I actually wrote a piece all about the opposite: glass hearts lol, but you did this so so well! i love the first line, the whole concept is so beautiful <3 :)

• Kit-Kat Sully

Replying: Yeah, I totally understand. I'm sure you'll love whatever you chose though. :) I watched this Ted Talk once (don't judge me XD) and this girl decided that she would write a list of everything she had ever wanted to do, and on her 21st birthday, she went out and tried everything--from Farming Alpacas, to um...I don't remember what else. She took maybe like one week per each job, I think. I wish I could remember her name so you could watch it, but anyway...

re: haha thanks :)

love this <3333 beautiful imagery and i love how you changed the metaphor up <33

• peripetei

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful <3 I hope you keep up writing, you have a lovely way with words C;

• Rohan’s Defender

This is absolutely amazing!! It’s so beautiful and sweet, and hopeful and uplifting! *clapping*

• anemoia & lattes (#dreams of autumn)

this is lovely. i like the spin a lot.
    Re: of course you're in my footnotes! how could you not be? You're always supporting everyone and making this place feel like home. And yeah, F'Otter is just the way it is, I guess. XD
    <3

• rwong

re: haha glad i could help :) lol i'm typically that kid who names their poems after the 1st or last line...just like "oh i spent way too much time writing this so hey i mean does the title matter THAT much??" and then i'm like "oh wait yes it does but nahhh"

• rwong

wow "they've been broken time after time/ until the scars became ink and history" this is such a beautiful line! also ugh i love the last lines!! beautiful, just amazing <3
    title ideas wise: "My heart is not made of glass" (it's your first line, and i'm sooo unoriginal so srry), "My heart is not fragile/My heart is strong" (okay wait i'm so sorry these are such bad ideas lol pls don't feel inclined to use these cause they kinda suck XD)

Re: Aww thanks!