Paisley Blue

she/they | minnesotan
INFP-T, lesbian, christian
--
est. June 2, 2020

absolutely in love with words
theater geek and musician
trying to spread kindness and love and all that jazz <3

tell me what's on your mind
:)

Haven't played around with formatting like this in too long ;) Hope you enjoyed it!

our beauty reflected

14
            and i want to put words/to the 
  world/around me                    emotion/inside me

the slight ache of hearts touched/by                    
                                                            someone who still/wishes on stars

the wonder echoed in and around/
                                                             every stranger/a part of who we/are

the way my body twists and
                                                            [curves/leans/bends]

a miracle that i never asked for but that i will/not ignore

the swoop of my/hips, the hinge of my/wrists

the/subtle curves/and/crisp angles
                                                                                                    that define me
that mark me as a/woman/.
                                            stages of/in between/.

touches of innocence still lingering
                        behind my ears and/in the part of my lips, yet

every atom believes/i'm something more than

this skin i live in                                                    this vessel i try                                             
                                                                                                    try
                                                                                                          try
                                                                                                               to love
every/vein and each/fold of skin.
            every/tremble and each/stutter
                        every/eyelash and each/joint
                                                                                            display/a message to the world

we are/beautiful/.

Happy 100th piece :)

• .amelia.

congrats on your 100th :)
    I've been here for 1+ year and am still at 60 or so XD

about the form...correct me if I'm wrong
    it's swaying and maybe even oscillating from one side of the page to the other
    does it represent the hazy perceptions of beauty?
    (if you get me :p)

either way, empowering work!!

• abby.a

i love thissss!! all of ittttt!! the formatting, the style, the italicized parts, the contents... EVERYTHING!

also i commented congrats on the 100th piece on the other one, because i read that one first and i was too excited so HAPPY 100TH PIECE AGAIN!!!!!! I almost can't believe it. congrats, dude! <33

• madeline3.14159

Congrats on 100 pieces!! This is beautiful!! I absolutely love the format!
    Re: Thanks so much! I find I like the unpolished feel of my poetry when I write quickly.

• beth r.

ahhhh the format is breathtaking

• waxingcrescents

" the way my body twists and
    [curves/leans/bends]

a miracle that i never asked for but that i will/not ignore"

Incredible! I love your unique formatting and congrats on your one hundredth piece.

" touches of innocence still lingering
    behind my ears and/in the part of my lips" Your use of personification works really well here! You are such a talented writer. By the way, thank you for your sweet comment, it totally made my evening. Terrific work as always. <3

• LindytheRavenclaw

ahhhh this is so pretty! Honestly so is everything you write XD It's so amazing.

• lochnessie

*hands down favourite piece of yours. until the next one probably. but THIS

• lochnessie

AHHHH I LOVE THIS SO MUCH
    honestly, this is what i was trying to write or articulate or something for so long and you have said it so beautifully. this is gorgeous. and thank you! and oh my goodness this is brilliant

And " the slight ache of hearts touched/by
    someone who still/wishes on stars" is absolutely stunning.

Wow, I feel so moved by this, and I'm not exactly sure what quality of it is what touched me so much. Something about the way you described your body... idk. I really like this.

woah, powerful and beautiful and the imagery is phenomenal! i just love this so freaking much... and i think i know exactly what you mean. i'm still trying and learning how to love myself too. i liked the whole overall theme and you just brought it to life. <3