anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (rosi)

Child of God
logophile
athletic nerd

Female
Soph.

Just a few minor footnotes edits. I added Dmoral to the shoutouts. Well, I'd best be on my way... lots to do and our power is out for the next couple days. (It's a planned outage, normal, routine, required.) We're running the generator right now, but I still don't want to use up too much bandwidth.
Love all of you!

cheers! here's to you and here's to me (FOOTNOTES!)

18
thank you

for the 50 followers

and all of the wondrous, inspiring, thoughtful, hasty, contemplative, honest

feedback

it's hard to believe but

i don't feel like the newcomer 

anymore.

i have said before

that i'm here for you, but

i'm also here for me

you know?

i hope that i bring you something that makes you feel

something good or inspiring or funny or thought-provoking or mildly intriguing

but i also do this

for myself

because i want to.

all the conversations

fandom goodness

please, don't hesitate to ask

about a book 

i don't watch many movies or television but

m*a*s*h is my all-time favorite

but i won't say no to golden girls or the wonder years or all in the family or the librarians

or liv and maddie or girl meets world or jessie

i'll fangirl anytime.

it's easy to fall prey

to the allure of numbers

of likes and followers

of comments and notifications

i myself am terribly guilty 

but i do not thank you for clicking 'follow' 

for deciding to add to the number within the star

i thank you for what they mean

and for the support they convey

and for the support that is shown.

so here's to you—

and here's to me—

let's raise our figurative glasses of figurative champagne

(although the fault in our stars made champagne sound delectable)

as the lights glitter 

and we make a toast

a toast to hope, 

a toast to memory-making,

a toast to the power of community,

a toast to warm conversations

a toast to lively discussions

a toast to the smiles we give and receive

a toast to the emotions that stir from writing and reading

a toast to you.

each and every one of you.

cheers!

Wow. I guess I knew this day would come eventually, and I watched the follower count more than I'd like to admit, but to be able to write this poem is exciting. This won't be in any particular order. I'm only going to thank those of you who have really impacted me, even in a small way, because I don't want to get carried away and overwrite XD. But there's still a lot of people, so hang in there:

queenie hawthorne is garfield: Ezra and Lucia have brought me excitement, thrills, suspense, nervousness, and intense emotional overload. Thank you for all the support and convos. Your dedication and effort have inspired me, but so has your recognition of the need for a break. Stepping away and realizing, "Hey, I need to breathe. This isn't my whole life," takes guts.
Busssy.Beee : You're the first follower I had, and that alone makes you important. Thanks. 
Boo! Kitten (#Queenie'sHalloween): You love KOTLC. Need I say more? (Love the quote on your profile! Terik is such a layered character. I just thought of something. What if TERIK IS SOPHIE'S FATHER? I know, it's a long shot. Idk why I even thought it, but it would definitely be neat.)
Ghoulgirl2020 (#Queenie's Halloween | I have been called Cool before if you know what I mean) ;): You have been so supportive! I love your collab with Rohan's Defender on the HG letters, and your dedication to writing is awesome.
Rohan's Defender: Speaking of Rohan's Defender... In real life, you're Eden, so, hi, Eden! *waves* I love your profile. I love the HG letters. And I especially love and admire how welcome you make everyone feel here. It's like there are these WtW people out there just waiting to swoop down and help the newbies and make them at home in their new community. I know you did that for me. Your words are powerful. Please, if it's on your heart and mind, keep writing. And keep up the warm welcomes and floods of kindness and support. It means more than you know.
SunV: Well, your latest profile pic made me want to cry when I realized who it was. Your absolute Potterheadedness was exactly what I needed in my first week here. (It's totally a word. Anything on WtW is automatically put into its own dictionary.) You're a Riordan fan too, which I only just realized. It makes me think about how little we know people, yet how much we can appreciate them. I've come to feel like you're one of the constant presences of helpful direction and compassion on WtW. Your message to readers is inspiring and true. Thanks.
Doodleninja: I confess that I haven't read all 204 of your works, but the amount alone inspires me. Your Stereo Tropes Co. series is the funniest thing I've found on WtW. I've struggled not to laugh out loud in the middle of class, in order to keep people from confirming that I'm as insane as they thought. Thanks for fandomness and the KOTLC talk!
Bookwitch: I haven't read much of your work, but any KOTLC fan deserves a shout-out for their excellent judgement. And Land of Stories, too! Now, that's an incredibly twisty series.
beth r.: I get the impression that you're one of the always-there, forever supportive kind of person. Glad you're back from hiatus. Your profile pic screams amazing aesthetic. It's very pleasing to my eyes. Thank you.
LindytheDarkRaven(#Spookified): Hobbits are awesome. Your profile is a mix of straight-up inspiration and smiles. I appreciate the feedback and comments and convos immensely. I want a perfect cafe/coffee shop like you write about. 
Writing4Life: All the help, feedback, and your funny profile. I want to live in Australia now, based on your writing. You were right about Stereo Tropes Co. I followed the people, and it was worth it; my cookies will be safe. (Oatmeal chocolate chip?)
Tomb of Jade (#spookified): The aestheticism of your profile combined with all the support you give and the comments you leave—priceless.
ChocolateKiwi: Your writing is seriously amazing. It's easy to forget how old we all are, but I think you and everyone else should be proud that they are actually doing writing stuff as teens. Like, that's impressive. You're impressive. 
~wildflower~: Sorry it wouldn't paste the right characters from your username. Which I love. by the way, and I told you that. Then we had a flower and words conversation. The quotes on your profile... ahhh! Flowers are just... incredible, lovely, powerful, inspiring, and generally awesome. Especially wildflowers.
The Campbell's Kid: Your profile makes me laugh. I love the supportive dad vibes.
mirkat: Oh, how I wish we could sojourn in Pemberley while wearing Worth dresses and sipping tea (even though I'm not a fan of tea, it fits the vibe) and discussing the past, present, and future. We'll fall down a rabbit-hole of nostalgia, anemoia, and sepia-toned photographs. We'll walk in Hyde Park whilst carrying floral parasols (the latest out of Paris, naturally) and observe the comings and goings of strangers. We can listen to music from another decade or century and watch period films and eat food. Modern food, probably, because oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and lattes. Sorry, did I get caught up in the past again? Thank you so much for the discussions, feedback, and vintage appreciation. Message me when you want to go to Pemberley. I'll have my bags packed in an hour.
Emi: I think your profile pic is so cool, btw. I'm in awe of your passion for Jesus. I'm curious about archery. Your fandomness is delightful. And your messages are what we need right now. The convos, the feedback, the smiles—thank you.
Lata.B: Your piece "The Arrow of Love" touched hearts everywhere, including mine. I already commented on it, but I'll say it again: that is an important piece of writing. That is powerful. It moved me to tears, and reminded me to slow down and see people. Every person. A smile costs me nothing.
Lydia Ledy: Tbh, not sure if we've ever "talked" or commented, but I admire your message to readers too much not to put you on here.
Rose A.: You have a couple of pieces I really enjoyed that I can recall: Letters in String and Reflections of Red. They both made feel something. I can't put my finger on it, but it was strong. And making someone feel something is always my goal in writing.
JustAnotherDarling (JustAnotherDemon #queenie's halloween ;): How can I thank you, darling? You're one of those all-around supporters around WtW too, aren't you? Immortal Moment is a treasure. And how can I ever repay you for recommending S & S?
FantasyOtter12: Otters are outstanding. Your writing brings a mix of feelings, from contentedness to aching nostalgia to suspense to excitement to satisfaction to melancholy. You're another support warrior I see around here. Thanks, F'Otter!
sci-Fi: I cannot express how deeply you've impacted me. While I know I stand firm in my position, you've helped open my eyes and allowed me to see how two human beings can actually have a polite, understanding conversation in which they disagree with each other. It is possible. On a lighter note, the Tower of Nero talk was good for my head. Otherwise I may have exploded, because my friends are two books behind. (GRRR) So thank you.
There are a few people who have touched my life who aren't following me, but I still need to shout-out to them:
V-Rose: lovely writing, profile, and The Thing About Falling hit hard. Really hard. Keep using words to paint your masterpieces.
chasing sunsets: I can't remember what we talked about other than the beauty of nature and sunsets, but anyone who can see how precious these things are deserves a hundred shout-outs. 
The Dreamer: Your profile pic is stunning, and I wish I'd come up with that username. The feedback means the world to me, and I'm always happy to give book recs. *mwahahaha* Just realized that all of the comments on Nedarg are from me. ;)
chrysanthemumsandink: Your work is just... lovely. Absolutely lovely. it is quiet was ethereal, whimsical, gentle, wispy, perfect. Yeah, I can actually form words to describe it now.
madeline3.14159: I only just understood the significance of the numbers in your username. *facepalm* Your work was the very first review I ever did, because I was new and it all seemed so cool. It was a letter to your past self, remember? Thanks for being there.
the cosmic horror (#Queenie'sHalloween): Your bio is just so chill. And I learned a new and wonderful word. Your poem collection makes me want to search the world and my soul. I don't know why.
mindfruit (brainsssfruit): YOU'RE READING TOWER OF NERO?! Okay, I'm fine. I get the sense that you're also one of those "pick others up and see how they're doing" kind of writer. Basketball is pretty cool. And can we just talk about KOTLC, PJO, and the Unwanteds, which I desperately need to read again? That was a lot of random word vomiting, I know.
Anne Blackwood: The kind of person I, too, want to be adopted by on WtW. You're incredibly prolific, supportive, and a true "mom" to everyone. I see you everywhere, spreading kindness and community. Thank you.
avocados are the best (fight me): Yes, they are. Sometimes I have in breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Seriously. And thanks for liking my silly Riordan fanfic on something that happens in The Tower of Nero. *winks*
And finally, my three friends in real life on here, who aren't active all that often, but two of whom I persuaded to join:
AmandaWritesDysfantasci: I've already said it all. But the group chat needs more Grungy. XD (If anyone didn't get that, it means you're sane.)
row_boat_writer: Love ya, girl. It's going to be okay. Life is a beautiful, broken, exciting ride.
Artemisnova88: There's a thousand things I could say for an inside joke, but someone might get offended. Also, you'll probably never see this. *cough* dragon bag baguette dagger

Whew! I really need to get to bed. It is way too late. But I know I missed some of you, and that makes me sad. Look, there have been a lot of scintillating and stupendous convos in the comments, okay? I'm grateful for those. Just remember, I can't remember everything. Even though I have a good memory. I'm totally rambling now, so... byeeeee!
t h a n k  y o u  f r o m  t h e  b o t t o m  o f  m y  h e a r t. 

• Rose A(hiatus)

OH MY GOSH, I FEEL SO HONORED! I'm glad I made you feel something. Strong feelings make good writing. And this is so sweet. I don't do much fangirling, but I will happily fangirl with the WtW community! ESPECIALLY if it's over dystopian books or Hamilton. In the short time I've been following you, you've really grown in your writing. When you're super famous, I'll be all like "I was one of the first fans!" Congrats on 50!

Aw, thank you. I'm so proud to be a follower and I've loved seeing your work develop and get better!
    Re: I guess you just gave me a list of authors to read now whenever I have time. I have read Homer; his plot line is good but most of his characters drive me up the wall (I get tired of ready about beefy selfish Greek men sometimes, heh heh. I think the only character I've ever liked in his work is Telemachus.)

• Tushar Mandhan

e: I love the art of film making. I want to be as much involved in it as possible. Acting? Sure. Screenwriting? Sure. Acting in a movie whose screenplay I wrote? Why not, sure!

• sci-Fi

Re: Thanks! I've read Anne but I'll check out the other ones.
    Ur lucky, my entire state is still online. Sorry, I'll leave u to ur math class XD. Bye!

• sci-Fi

Re: yeah, Latin is super fun! It's my 4th year taking it. That's super cool that you're into linguistics. With Latin, I love the language, but mainly I took it because I'm part of a Classics club and you kind of have to be in Latin class to be a main part of the club. I'm more interested in history and mythology.
    Anyway, I wanted to ask if ur reading any books rn? I've been reading Legend, but if u've read that series you'll know it's a lot to take in so I'm looking for a break. What would u recommend?

• almost flora kane

re: i totally get that! no worries:) and ooooooo all of your descriptions make me want to write about the joys of color... i can tell you're a good writer from that imagery alone. i'd have to go with dark green, brown, and other earth/jewel tones like you! woah i really can't compete with your list, lol.

• sci-Fi

Re: Oh yeah... Don the Faun was hard. He deserved better. I am officially starting #JusticeForDon
    Ugh, ur lucky that you get to watch YouTube videos for class. I take Latin at my school, and the only Latin YouTube videos I know of is this one channel where this guy has recreated Rome on Minecraft and gives tours completely in Latin.
    Anywho, I'd rather not watch those videos, because a) I don't understand Spanish, even though I live in TX and probably should, and b) because every time I see anything remotely romance I remember I'll probably be single forever and start crying (I'm not kidding. You should have seen me watch The Half of It.)

• Tushar Mandhan

re: It's difficult. I love all the albums......red is probably the most underrated album of her career.
    'illegitimi non carborundum' is a mock-Latin, I think it's a great reply to the bullies. The other sentence is homage to a wtw writer who left the site due to some personal reason.
    Yeah a lot of people don't get the pfp, it's The Academy Awards emblem. I'll keep it until I get the real award :P

• Dmoral

congrats! and many thanks! :) best wishes~

• journal.scribbles

Congrats!!! I'm so happy that you've found a home here at WtW. You deserve each and every like, comment, and follow!

Re: Oh my gosh YES how did I forget all those characters? I'll definitely do one for some of them when I get a chance. Thank you so much for the comment! :)

• sci-Fi

Re: Ha I just remembered Lee Jordan too... and ya, I would totally say yes to him. And honestly same, I've always felt like a mix of Ginny and Luna, maybe with a dash of Harry because Mr. Potter is a sassy, slightly moody queen and we stan him.
    Aaaarrrggghhh why would u ask me that???? They're all flooding back now...
    If I'm being honest, the death that really was hardest for me was Jason's. I read the first ten books when I was eight and wasn't overly obsessed yet, so the deaths like Zoe, Bianca, Selena and Charlie didn't hit as hard, even though I totally cried over them when I went back and reread as a hormonal teenager. With Jason... it was so unexpected, ya know? He was a main part of the second series, and the main characters just never seem to fully DIE. Like, Leo died and came back. Harry Potter died and came back. But Jason just WENT. And the way Piper was crying, it broke my heart.
    Also, even though Rick didn't make a big deal about it, I cried over Dakota. It's always saddest in my opinion when he kills off a side character and is just like "oh yeah, he's dead". It was Michael Yew all over again.
    WOW that was a fangirl rant. What about U?

• Tushar Mandhan

re: 'all too well' was originally a 20 minutes long apparently. IDK why but i can't stop myself from figuring the backstory of a song. What made me think that 'william bowery' is Harry Styles isthat his first song was signs of time and exile has lyrics that go, 'I gave so many signs//All this time.' I also got this little vibes of styles' from lyrics but if could be Joe too.

• sci-Fi

also, I totally thought I already commented on this piece, but apparently I didn't. So CONGRATS ON 50 (ig 55 now), u are amazing and tysm for the shoutout <3. And I agree, differences are differences and people shouldn't focus on them when talking; I'm glad we didn't.

• sci-Fi

Re: DEFINITELY a Weasly twin. I love them. Or maybe (remember, I'm bi) Ginny or Luna. I've never really thought about the side characters much, which is a bit rude of me, but yeah I would totally go with Dean Thomas if he asked. Not Seamus or Justin Finch-Fletchly, I'm still not over them being rude to Harry >:(

• Anlee

re: tyty for the support <33

• queenie

re: yeah, i also r e a l l y hate it when people deliberately change characters' personalities to fit their own sort of agenda.
    News flash: Nico is not an UWU blushy boy. He's the son of Hades.
    (this turned into a rant, sorry.)

• queenie

re: yeah that was my plan - i'm not in college, but my cousins are and let me tell ya, they sure aren't a treat to be around when they fail a midterm or something

• queenie

re: i checked the wiki, and apparently his mom started the whole tradition with the blue food? also, yeah, i do agree about the slight personality changes in percy and annabeth-i'm gonna have to work on getting them just right. that, or they're just grumpy college kids, idk

• birthdaycandles

Congratulations on your achievements!

• Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God}

Hey, congrats! (Let's make that 53....)
    Replying: Thank you! Yeah, my book is on Amazon, but for some reason, you have to type it in really specifically and most of the time it won't even come up as top five when you do. But anyway, here's the really specific way- Alice's Adventures Book 1 By Katherine J. Sullivan. Thanks again!

• almost flora kane

re: haha don't let me keep you from your work, though i'm putting off math to reply lol. i love the imagery of your flower choices! i completely forgot about what baby's breath looks like, so yes, everything sounds like it would be so pretty together. and i wish i had a good guy friend like that, y'know? how did you guys meet?

• Tushar Mandhan

re: 'All too well' is a classic....wish we get to hear full version. 'Exile' is such a deep song. I can't pick a favourite, especially from folklore. 'My tears ricochet,' 'the lakes,' 'The Last Great American Dynasty'.......infact every song. Do u feel 'Mad woman' is about Daenerys? Also u know there is this pseudonym for 'exile' I feel it's Harry styles.

Re: Wow that's awesome! I listen to worship, some country, meaningful pop, and a bit of musical theater.

• almost flora kane

re: your answer(s) are so very relatable in the sense that yes. writer problems of replaying, and wishing, and hoping, and playing it all over again forever. best of luck on getting that date! it sounds so fun and i'm sure something like that will happen eventually:)
    i think i'd like blood-red or white carnations or forget-me-nots. i'd even be happy with a bunch of different leaves (my favorite color is dark green like my profile pic so it's weird, but i'd like it). what brings you toward the sunflower, lilac-colored tulips, and baby's breath combination?

re: XD my real name is miriam... it's an okay name. i mean i'm used to it, but it's like too religious of a name. i'm also Jewish... idk, so many ppl are Christian on here and that is great and everything, but i feel weird advertising i'm a jew.... anyway! i have an unlisted utube channel where i post small movies that are kinda terrible and really embarrassing. gotta check with my parentals, but maybe I'll share the link with you? don't judge that much... hehe <3

re: no! is that like a comic book or something? it sounds like it. let me look it up.... oh wait it's a movie! so cool! will try to watch soon. <3 <3 <3 when i'm old and probably not famous (want to be writer/director) i wanna make another adaptation on P+P kinda like how great gerwig did of little woman... ahh my dreams are piling up! and timotheeee! yes, he is great. idk about the whole tom hiddleston thing... diff hair color and stuff. maybe? <3

Re: I listened to a few CityAlight songs, and they're great!! Thanks for the rec.

• almost flora kane

holy crap i swear i was following you! okay. now everything's right again. re: thanks so much for reading my pieces and it makes me so happy to see that you like them. :)

re: i wanted to watch the 2005 p+p movie.... still haven't watched it. instead, we watched butch cassidy and the sundance kid which was still pretty good. <3

• JustAnotherDarling

oh, my love, congrats on 51 now! and thank you so much! you just made my day :) you're a lovely writer - and i'm so glad that i stalked your page that one day and found your riordanverse spin-off!!

• Mpm#1

:) Beautiful poem for a beautiful occasion.

• Tushar Mandhan

Also congratulations! I hope you get millions more.

• Tushar Mandhan

Hi,
    FOLKLORE......I don't have words. Every song in the album resonates so well with my moods. You know it's ironic that the first taylor Swift song i ever listened to was 'I knew u were trouble when u walked in' XD I've got tonnes of theories about folklore.

• ChocolateKiwi

Thank you, this made my day! Congrats on 51!!! Here’s to many more!!

Thank you so much! This made my morning! Also, yes I also love Percy Jackson, just not as much as Harry Potter. And potterheadness is a word, no matter what anyone says. And you deserve every single like, follow and comment, your writing is just amazing! Keep it up!

Omigosh I'm here?! Thank you so much! Your words mean so much to me. You're absolutely adopted under the "& everyone" clause.
    I also love that lots of my friends are here, including my irl best buddy The Campbell's Kid. He's awesome.
    Oh, and the fact that the use of F'Otter is spreading like an adorable disease? Love it.
    Oh gosh thanks for forcing me to read the numbers in Madeline's username. *facepalms* Now I get it.
    Your dedication to write such amazing things about all these people is so admirable. You truly are a light.

Re: I'm so glad God was able to speak to you through my piece. :) I'll go check out CityAlight, they sound cool. Cory Asbury is pretty great.

re: sorry it took so long to respond! was watching a movie. okay, so if you edit it in any way/ continue writing, save, and publish, it will make a new piece. if you just do what i said before and do not click continue writing just manage pieces, etc. it should work. once there, republish for peer review the most recent piece. does that help? please let me know! <3

• queenie

D'AWWWWW I'M IN UR BIO?? DUDE IM LITERALLY A PIECE OF G A R B A G E

re: this takes place after any-all of the canon series - so get ready for some percabeth fanservice?? and Andreus at Camp Half-Blood bcs..yeah

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thank you thank you thank you!!! Yes it made my day brighter, and I’m so happy you liked my poem too!!! :)

• rwong

this is such a beautiful poem especially loved the last part :) have a wonderful day!! <3

• mindfruit

Congrats! ~blows noisemaker~ Reaching 50 is a huge accomplishment, and you should be extremely proud of yourself :) Thank you so much for your shoutout, and yes yes yes yes we need to talk Unwanteds and KOTLC and POJ. I'm so sorry I wasn't following you before, I swear I was....well, now I'm you're 51st follower! (btw, what do you mean by "pick others up and see how they're doing" kind of writer? I'm just curious lol)

oh hey, so i just saw that you published this again (see my comments on the other one), but there is a way to republish and not lose likes/comments. go to manage versions at the top of the piece and click options. that pick unpublish. finally, pick publish for peer review. you may already know this, but just thought to let you know! <3

• doodleninja

congrats on 50!!!! I will raise my glass to everything you said! Here's to more amazing writing!! :D
    Also oh my gosh, thank you so much for your kind words XD you are so sweet, and I totally admire you for writing out all these nice things for so many of the writers here on this website. <3
    (next Stereo Tropes Co. is in the works, so be on the lookout for that!)