anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (rosi)

Child of God
logophile
athletic nerd

Female
Soph.

READ THE FOOTNOTES! If I forgot you, drop me a comment and I'll add you in. If I have a reason to, that is. XD I really hope I didn't forget you.

cheers! here's to you and here's to me (FOOTNOTES!)

10
thank you

for the 50 followers

and all of the wondrous, inspiring, thoughtful, hasty, contemplative, honest

feedback

it's hard to believe but

i don't feel like the newcomer 

anymore.

i have said before

that i'm here for you, but

i'm also here for me

you know?

i hope that i bring you something that makes you feel

something good or inspiring or funny or thought-provoking or mildly intriguing

but i also do this

for myself

because i want to.

all the conversations

fandom goodness

please, don't hesitate to ask

about a book 

i don't watch many movies or television but

m*a*s*h is my all-time favorite

but i won't say no to golden girls or the wonder years or all in the family or the librarians

or liv and maddie or girl meets world or jessie

i'll fangirl anytime.

it's easy to fall prey

to the allure of numbers

of likes and followers

of comments and notifications

i myself am terribly guilty 

but i do not thank you for clicking 'follow' 

for deciding to add to the number within the star

i thank you for what they mean

and for the support they convey

and for the support that is shown.

so here's to you—

and here's to me—

let's raise our figurative glasses of figurative champagne

(although the fault in our stars made champagne sound delectable)

as the lights glitter 

and we make a toast

a toast to hope, 

a toast to memory-making,

a toast to the power of community,

a toast to warm conversations

a toast to lively discussions

a toast to the smiles we give and receive

a toast to the emotions that stir from writing and reading

a toast to you.

each and every one of you.

cheers!

Wow. I guess I knew this day would come eventually, and I watched the follower count more than I'd like to admit, but to be able to write this poem is exciting. This won't be in any particular order. I'm only going to thank those of you who have really impacted me, even in a small way, because I don't want to get carried away and overwrite XD. But there's still a lot of people, so hang in there:

queenie hawthorne is garfield: Ezra and Lucia have brought me excitement, thrills, suspense, nervousness, and intense emotional overload. Thank you for all the support and convos. Your dedication and effort have inspired me, but so has your recognition of the need for a break. Stepping away and realizing, "Hey, I need to breathe. This isn't my whole life," takes guts.
Busssy.Beee : You're the first follower I had, and that alone makes you important. Thanks. 
Boo! Kitten (#Queenie'sHalloween): You love KOTLC. Need I say more? (Love the quote on your profile! Terik is such a layered character. I just thought of something. What if TERIK IS SOPHIE'S FATHER? I know, it's a long shot. Idk why I even thought it, but it would definitely be neat.)
Ghoulgirl2020 (#Queenie's Halloween | I have been called Cool before if you know what I mean) ;): You have been so supportive! I love your collab with Rohan's Defender on the HG letters, and your dedication to writing is awesome.
Rohan's Defender: Speaking of Rohan's Defender... In real life, you're Eden, so, hi, Eden! *waves* I love your profile. I love the HG letters. And I especially love and admire how welcome you make everyone feel here. It's like there are these WtW people out there just waiting to swoop down and help the newbies and make them at home in their new community. I know you did that for me. Your words are powerful. Please, if it's on your heart and mind, keep writing. And keep up the warm welcomes and floods of kindness and support. It means more than you know.
SunV: Well, your latest profile pic made me want to cry when I realized who it was. Your absolute Potterheadedness was exactly what I needed in my first week here. (It's totally a word. Anything on WtW is automatically put into its own dictionary.) You're a Riordan fan too, which I only just realized. It makes me think about how little we know people, yet how much we can appreciate them. I've come to feel like you're one of the constant presences of helpful direction and compassion on WtW. Your message to readers is inspiring and true. Thanks.
Doodleninja: I confess that I haven't read all 204 of your works, but the amount alone inspires me. Your Stereo Tropes Co. series is the funniest thing I've found on WtW. I've struggled not to laugh out loud in the middle of class, in order to keep people from confirming that I'm as insane as they thought. Thanks for fandomness and the KOTLC talk!
Bookwitch: I haven't read much of your work, but any KOTLC fan deserves a shout-out for their excellent judgement. And Land of Stories, too! Now, that's an incredibly twisty series.
beth r.: I get the impression that you're one of the always-there, forever supportive kind of person. Glad you're back from hiatus. Your profile pic screams amazing aesthetic. It's very pleasing to my eyes. Thank you.
LindytheDarkRaven(#Spookified): Hobbits are awesome. Your profile is a mix of straight-up inspiration and smiles. I appreciate the feedback and comments and convos immensely. I want a perfect cafe/coffee shop like you write about. 
Writing4Life: All the help, feedback, and your funny profile. I want to live in Australia now, based on your writing. You were right about Stereo Tropes Co. I followed the people, and it was worth it; my cookies will be safe. (Oatmeal chocolate chip?)
Tomb of Jade (#spookified): The aestheticism of your profile combined with all the support you give and the comments you leave—priceless.
ChocolateKiwi: Your writing is seriously amazing. It's easy to forget how old we all are, but I think you and everyone else should be proud that they are actually doing writing stuff as teens. Like, that's impressive. You're impressive. 
~wildflower~: Sorry it wouldn't paste the right characters from your username. Which I love. by the way, and I told you that. Then we had a flower and words conversation. The quotes on your profile... ahhh! Flowers are just... incredible, lovely, powerful, inspiring, and generally awesome. Especially wildflowers.
The Campbell's Kid: Your profile makes me laugh. I love the supportive dad vibes.
mirkat: Oh, how I wish we could sojourn in Pemberley while wearing Worth dresses and sipping tea (even though I'm not a fan of tea, it fits the vibe) and discussing the past, present, and future. We'll fall down a rabbit-hole of nostalgia, anemoia, and sepia-toned photographs. We'll walk in Hyde Park whilst carrying floral parasols (the latest out of Paris, naturally) and observe the comings and goings of strangers. We can listen to music from another decade or century and watch period films and eat food. Modern food, probably, because oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and lattes. Sorry, did I get caught up in the past again? Thank you so much for the discussions, feedback, and vintage appreciation. Message me when you want to go to Pemberley. I'll have my bags packed in an hour.
Emi: I think your profile pic is so cool, btw. I'm in awe of your passion for Jesus. I'm curious about archery. Your fandomness is delightful. And your messages are what we need right now. The convos, the feedback, the smiles—thank you.
Lata.B: Your piece "The Arrow of Love" touched hearts everywhere, including mine. I already commented on it, but I'll say it again: that is an important piece of writing. That is powerful. It moved me to tears, and reminded me to slow down and see people. Every person. A smile costs me nothing.
Lydia Ledy: Tbh, not sure if we've ever "talked" or commented, but I admire your message to readers too much not to put you on here.
Rose A.: You have a couple of pieces I really enjoyed that I can recall: Letters in String and Reflections of Red. They both made feel something. I can't put my finger on it, but it was strong. And making someone feel something is always my goal in writing.
JustAnotherDarling (JustAnotherDemon #queenie's halloween ;): How can I thank you, darling? You're one of those all-around supporters around WtW too, aren't you? Immortal Moment is a treasure. And how can I ever repay you for recommending S & S?
FantasyOtter12: Otters are outstanding. Your writing brings a mix of feelings, from contentedness to aching nostalgia to suspense to excitement to satisfaction to melancholy. You're another support warrior I see around here. Thanks, F'Otter!
sci-Fi: I cannot express how deeply you've impacted me. While I know I stand firm in my position, you've helped open my eyes and allowed me to see how two human beings can actually have a polite, understanding conversation in which they disagree with each other. It is possible. On a lighter note, the Tower of Nero talk was good for my head. Otherwise I may have exploded, because my friends are two books behind. (GRRR) So thank you.
There are a few people who have touched my life who aren't following me, but I still need to shout-out to them:
V-Rose: lovely writing, profile, and The Thing About Falling hit hard. Really hard. Keep using words to paint your masterpieces.
chasing sunsets: I can't remember what we talked about other than the beauty of nature and sunsets, but anyone who can see how precious these things are deserves a hundred shout-outs. 
The Dreamer: Your profile pic is stunning, and I wish I'd come up with that username. The feedback means the world to me, and I'm always happy to give book recs. *mwahahaha* Just realized that all of the comments on Nedarg are from me. ;)
chrysanthemumsandink: Your work is just... lovely. Absolutely lovely. it is quiet was ethereal, whimsical, gentle, wispy, perfect. Yeah, I can actually form words to describe it now.
madeline3.14159: I only just understood the significance of the numbers in your username. *facepalm* Your work was the very first review I ever did, because I was new and it all seemed so cool. It was a letter to your past self, remember? Thanks for being there.
the cosmic horror (#Queenie'sHalloween): Your bio is just so chill. And I learned a new and wonderful word. Your poem collection makes me want to search the world and my soul. I don't know why.
mindfruit (brainsssfruit): YOU'RE READING TOWER OF NERO?! Okay, I'm fine. I get the sense that you're also one of those "pick others up and see how they're doing" kind of writer. Basketball is pretty cool. And can we just talk about KOTLC, PJO, and the Unwanteds, which I desperately need to read again? That was a lot of random word vomiting, I know.
Anne Blackwood: The kind of person I, too, want to be adopted by on WtW. You're incredibly prolific, supportive, and a true "mom" to everyone. I see you everywhere, spreading kindness and community. Thank you.
avocados are the best (fight me): Yes, they are. Sometimes I have in breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Seriously. And thanks for liking my silly Riordan fanfic on something that happens in The Tower of Nero. *winks*
And finally, my three friends in real life on here, who aren't active all that often, but two of whom I persuaded to join:
AmandaWritesDysfantasci: I've already said it all. But the group chat needs more Grungy. XD (If anyone didn't get that, it means you're sane.)
row_boat_writer: Love ya, girl. It's going to be okay. Life is a beautiful, broken, exciting ride.
Artemisnova88: There's a thousand things I could say for an inside joke, but someone might get offended. Also, you'll probably never see this. *cough* dragon bag baguette dagger

Whew! I really need to get to bed. It is way too late. But I know I missed some of you, and that makes me sad. Look, there have been a lot of scintillating and stupendous convos in the comments, okay? I'm grateful for those. Just remember, I can't remember everything. Even though I have a good memory. I'm totally rambling now, so... byeeeee!
t h a n k  y o u  f r o m  t h e  b o t t o m  o f  m y  h e a r t. 

I want to reply to each and every one of you, but... I'm sometimes too lazy. So even though a lot of you won't see this, just wanna say that I appreciate it all! I'll always keep writing and looking for the perfect cafe. LindytheDarkRaven (#Spookified), I'll fly to London or NYC just to write in this cafe of yours.
    Dmoral: Now I feel kinda bad about not mentioning you... I always am left mystified and intrigued by your writing.

Huge congrats!! I agree, this community is so full of support, keep on writing amazing pieces!!!

• ava09 (sorta back)

congrats on 50!! you deserve every single one. :)

• (sk)eyesofocher

CONGRATS MELLON! PARTYYYYYY
    and yes, I am planning on starting a cafe in either London or New York, just like the ones in my writing. Always welcome:)

• Busssy.Beee

Wow!!! I have a few things to say...
    1) You achieved this milestone in 20 days!! That is so incredibly cool!!
    2) Congrats!! Time to party!!
    3) Thank you so much for the shout-out!! I love you!! <3<3<3
    4) I hope to hear more from you, author!!
    5) See you soon... <3

• LaurenBeeWrites

Congrats, girl! This is amazing, I am so proud of you! This writing community is amazing, even though I am new to it. Grungy loves you. Aaron Warner is hot. Um...insert other random inside jokes and fandom stuff. Seriously, your writing is beautiful! Keep on going!!! :)

• Dmoral

congrats!

• Rohan’s Defender

AHHH CONGRATTTTSS! You are an amazing friend and writer, and you deserve it all! Oh my gosh, the shoutout!! *starts sobbing and laughing* THANK YOU! You are so sweet and it means so so much to me that you feel that way! I hope we can talk more soon! Cheers!

also... "(although the fault in our stars made champagne sound delectable)" haha, love TFIOS!!!! john green is a genius. i think paper towns is my fav book by him, though. hbu?

wow, congrats on 50! you deserve each and every one of us! love your writing. and i would love to go to pemberly rn with you!!!! that shoutout meant a lot to me! yaaaaas, sipping tea and dressed in fancy ball gowns all the way!!! *in case you couldn't tell i am smiling so much rn* <3
    re: oooh, pinterest. i don't have it, but i will certainly look at your profile and pick out all the lovely dresses i wouldn't wear but just love look at. :D also thanks for the book rec! i will totally check it out. alright, don't get lost in the pemberley gardens and lets say hi to miss. darcy (i would love a spinoff book on her...) XD <3 <3 <3

• Livsnjutare

CONGRATULATIONSSSSS!
    also, Ive never thought about terik being her father... ill keep that in mind!!
    :D

• ~madeline~

Your too sweet!! I hope you know how much you deserve each and every follower!! And yes, I do remember your review!! I still need to rewrite that to include all of your great feedback!!
    CONGRATS!!!!
    *BLOWS PARTY HORN*

• beth r.

congrats!!!!!!! thanks for shout out :)

• sci-Fi

Congrats on 50, u totally deserve it and I am proud to be one of them!!!! And thx for the shoutout, means a lot <3