anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (rosi)

Child of God
logophile
athletic nerd

Female
Soph.

idk so... have a good day! i'm in english class rn, should be reading antigone...

There Is No Escape, My Dear (updated)

9
A whisper of wind rattles the shadows
Every corner is shrouded in a blackness like ink
Not a soul for miles
Just us, but—
what was that?
Nothing, my dear.

Let us retire for the evening,
Ensconced in our room
Is that timidity in your step?
Tap. Tap. Tap.
Do not worry, my dear.

Shivering from the icy gales,
Autumn turns to winter
Frost strokes the leaves—they wither and dissipate on their descent into nothingness
Winter's finest kiss—
A kiss of death.
I shall bestow a winter's kiss upon you, my dear.

Aching in your soul for the vibrant days of autumn,
But winter is far more charming.
Chills skittering down your spine?
Merely a draft from the window,
Nothing more, my dear.

Close the door—don't mind the screeches
Only rusting hinges,
We cannot allow the unwanted to seep in.
Of course I refer to the wintery winds, my dear.

Lay yourself down to sleep, still and silent,
Me? No, I tire not on this fine evening.
Whispers of this tragedy will haunt you all of your days
Oh, how I might caress you before this tragedy!
Never shall you hear the songs of spring again, my dear.

I gaze at the sliver of the moon,
As it flees in terror from the clouds that hunger after it
Gaining ever closer—
Like a fox on the heels of a rabbit—
There is no escape, my dear.

Update: I added some more implication and lines. Hopefully, it increases the spookiness and makes the ending clearer. You can imagine the narrator as anyone you want, and the person to whom the narrator is speaking is simply a person they *love* and care about, most likely their spouse.
I got inspired after skimming some Edgar Allan Poe writing. (By which I mean I looked on SparkNotes Blog as they reimagine his works as YA stories and tell them through a series of texts.) I did read "The Raven," however, and it was pretty creepy. So, in the spirit of Halloween, and because I haven't posted in a few days (working on the Bast POV for "A Joint Task Force Meeting" series), I wrote this on the fly. Hopefully it gave you chills, because it gave me chills writing it.

• queenie

re: aha- yeah, i just had to give them a bit of a cameo. i sort of left TPP on a cliffhanger. ;-;

re: ofc you can use the word spitballing lol! and yes, that is totally okay that you were ranting.... i rant a ton toooo. well if i ever make this movie/script or whatever i will be sure to credit you! we got such a great idea.... okay have an awesome rest of your day/evening/afternoon!!! <3<3<3

• Rose A(hiatus)

Definitely got some chills. When it comes to authors like Edgar Allan Poe, reimagined stories can be a lot easier to read. The Raven is super creepy. I'm glad to know that Spoooooooky Season's still happening here at WtW
    Re: I totally get it. Make sure to tell me when you publish something again!

re: wowowowow! you've honestly thought more about all of this more than i have!!! and wow, an amazing job. yes, the country's coming out of war, got all these new hot movie and singing stars (elvis, amiright?) and weird fashion choices lol. a ton of diners and what not.... okay, let's have it take place in say new york or san fransisco where the big cities are and racial/global tensions are taking place. a young women, a writer. currently working the late afternoon/nitght shift at a dinner. wants to be a writer. she's been eyeing that typewriter for forever and finally makes enough money. thing is, this rich boy wants it too..... his dad is this famous writer and tries to get the same typewriter for the son.... the young woman is fighting tooth and nails.... cut to the diner and the rich boy comes in and asks for a coffee at like midnight, they strike up a conversation,..... like each other and whatnot and they don't know who the other person is.... idk just spittballing here lol! XD wattya think? they fall in love maybe and she gets the typewriter and jump starts her career. gonna need supporting characters and stuff. love to hear more of your ideas!!!! <3 <3 <3 gotta write this down somewhere... <3

• doodleninja

re: THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for your kind comments! They honestly made my day!! Ahhh I love "Prinker" and Anne seemed to like it too, so let's go with that ship name for now XD

re: anne of green gables is amazing! nature and beauty and aesthetics and fire and spirit and anneness-- all that i aspire to love and be. the tv show on Netflix is even better (if you can believe it!). basically, it deals with a ton of important social issues and like Ms. Allan and Ms.Stacy are combined to make an even awesmoer Ms. Stacy.
    awww, thanks so much! your comments like totally make my day!!!! that dress in the typewriter one was my bat mitzvah dress and i love it and i was like i never wear this so why not make a movie that takes place in the 50s cause' they wore stuff like that back then. for shoot your shot... that was my first trailer ever and i totally could have expanded but whatever. and no, i don't play bb. my brother does and we got the hoop for his b-day. i just got a lot of practice in. also, i didn't make a lot of those shots. what id did is filmed me shooting and then the second shot of just the ball going in which my brother threw. yay, movie magic!!
    yesss another cat person! i love cats. my cat's name is luna and she's 2 and we got her a s a kitten. she loves sitting as a bread loaf lol. and i love that your cat's name is uno! so cute! haha, cien! XD you totally need a dos lol. welpppp.... glad you liked it and yeah. <3 <3 <3

• queenie

re: OMG I DID SWITCH TENSES - THANKS FOR CATCHING THAT-

re; thanks for the princess bride comment! yes, that's my backyard so.... and my dad played Wesley's hand lol yes thanks!!!! <3

I was going to say...definitely giving me Edgar Allen Poe vibes. This is so well-written and eerie; good vocabulary!

re: okay, sounds good! <3

re: okay 3 linkesss:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThsZUFB_JXo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6d-9WqwxAE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aHNjbUOgzg
    qwwerfghjkmhjhgfdsAsdfghj (me embarrassed from these cringy things you are about to watch XD) <3

Re: Thank you so so much for your comments!! The one on "Toxic" totally shook my world, and I really needed it. The one on "Fingerprints of Change" made me emotional and I appreciate it so dang much.
    <3 <3 <3

re: okay, try this. it will take you to my least embarrassing video XD you can then click on my channel and see everything which is just 3 videos but whatever....

• JustAnotherDarling

i can Hear someone speak this as dialogue - it's so scary but SO GOOD! "I gaze at the sliver of the moon, / As it flees in terror from the clouds that hunger after it"

• queenie

re: wait, i just read over the piece and i didn't ever mention luke lol i had a heart attack for a second -

re: aww, thanks of you! I mean maybe I'll send it... where would i even get her address or email, tho? and she probs won't read it... but if i even find her address/email i will send it to her. and its unlisted yt channel cause my parents believe that i gotta like my privacy. plus, they are super really terrible videos made from my crappy iPhone 6 camera and movie. it's a start tho, i guess. here is the link if you want to watch.... plz don't judge that much.... ahh, I've never really shared this with anyone but here we go: https://www.youtube.com/feed/my_videos
    if that link doesn't work I'll try another one.... anyway. also, btw, i am not that good of a basketball player.... and lipstick looks terrible on me and i like the princess bride and i'm terrible at fake dying. wow, you really gotta wonder what videos I've made now... XD <3

• queenie

re: shoot, yeah, I meant Will. I guess I got their names mixed up QwQ
    hOW cAn thAT bE?

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

Re: Maybe. That'd be sad, but yeah, maybe!

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

Also about KOTLC: If I were choosing Sophie's father, it'd be Tiergan (I have no idea why, she doesn't even look like him)

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

About KOTLC (I saw your post): I tend to ship in whatever direction I think the story is already going, so I'm mostly Sophie/Fitz.....but if it doesn't work out I think Sophie/Keefe would be fine! And yes, I think that maybe Blur is Jensi's brother...he's one of my favorites in the Black swan

• LaurenBeeWrites

re: thank you for your comment, my latest thing was really personal. <3
    THIS IS SO GOOD! "Dear." I just....love it... its creepy in a good way.

• DarkRaven808

Oh my this was so well written. This is legitimately scary, and in a different way than ghouls and ghosts.

• Abrianna

goodness, that was so creepy! and it is pretty Poeish good job!:)