Lata.B

~ the daughter of Hades and Persephone~
♥ Gryffinpuff
♥ District 1
♥ Abnegation
♥ Libra
I wanna make a mark on the world someday...no...I wanna make a dent (too cheesy?)

How is it? Am i doing good so far??

The Hunger Games (Cinna's point of view) Part Two

15
"Oh, Cinna's here!" The prep teams sequels.
"Beautiful work,  "I reply to my prep team and their faces fill with smiles.  "Give us a moment will you?"
I hear there hurried footsteps scramble to get out.
"Love the eyeliner Cinna," Venia says in a whisper.
"Bye Cinna," Octavia replies in a sing-songy voice
Lastly, Flavius bursts into a hug before leaving.
As the compartment door closes I study her.
"Hello, Katniss. I'm Cinna, your stylist" 
"Hi" She replies as though she had been expecting something different. 
My eyes are caught by the beauty of her braid once again. "Who did your hair?"
Katniss hesitates before answering.
"My mother."
I nod my head still admiring the balance of it all. 
"You're new aren't you? I don't think I've seen you being apart of the games" 
I smile and nod my head. "yes. It's my first year" 
"So they gave you district 12?" she says examining the yellow walls around us.
"No. I asked for district 12" just as I finish my sentence a memory floods my vision. His golden eyes sink into my mind. "Why don't you put on your robe and we'll have a talk."
She follows me as we walk out to a compartment with lavender sofa's and waxed candles lit throughout the room. Looking out the window I see a layer of clouds blinding the sun. I instead on her to take a seat and press the button for food to appear. 
Her eyes take a minute to absorb the food before she starts to eat with both hands. I think about where she came from. A place where food is rarely found and dismiss the thought when our eyes meet. "About your costume for the opening night, my partner, Portia and I have an idea on how to reflect district 12."
She takes a moment to think. "So i'll be in a coal miner outfit?" 
"Not exactly" I answer with a wink.
Her eyebrows furrow and I know she's confused.
"You're not scared of fire, are you Katniss?"

99.99% of this belongs to Suzanne Collins
This might not be the exact conversation katniss had in the book but this is my version ;) hehe i hope you liked it!!

1

• books4life

love!!!

I love this! It's so cool to see it from a completely different perspective, and Cinna is such a cool character.

• beth r.

YES!
    you personify him perfectly wow i love this!
    re: lol thanks for yelling at alex (a guy) for me >3

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: Yes, you're right about the other half.
    I said: Even if you know little, I'll be able to converse with you in Hindi sometimes. :)

• peachy keen #dreams of autumn(aka rose a)

I'm so happy! It's totally okay that you used parts from the book as long as you mentioned that you did. You plan on continuing this, right?

• happygiggles

Replying- That's such a nice way to see it! My giggly, golly gosh, how I miss the days of un-complicated childhood! Even though I'm technically still a child, and mentally will be for the rest of my life, things just don't seem to be as simple as they were before! xD

• Bhavya's Treasure

Submitted the review! :)
    Chalo thoda hi sahi, aapse hindi me kabhi kabhi baat kar sakte hain.
    Did you get that? :DD

• Bhavya's Treasure

Eden (Rohans's Defender) is absolutely right!
    Sending a review soon! :))

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: of course! I’m happy I can help! :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Wow! I LOVE the last sentence!!!!! Thank you for notifying me!! Okay, so let me encourage you here: fan fiction can be stressful. Believe me, I know! I get so worried about the characters being portrayed correctly and the details being correct, but here’s the thing. It’s fan fiction, so if we want to stay exactly true to the book, we can. Or, if we want to put our own little twists and touches in there some, we can do that too. That’s the beauty of it, that we can take another book and use what we love from that series (and what others love to read) and combine it with our own creativity to create something that’s the same but also different. It’s an art, in my opinion! XD But anyway, there is so much flexibility and room to decide what to put in and what to play around with, that it’s really up to the author of the fan fiction and their interpretation of the book/characters. Not to mention, in yours the perspective is from Cinna, so that also gives you room to interpret it in your own way. The bottom line is: you are doing a GREAT job with his personality, and the story, and his thoughts about Katniss! It is SO INTERESTING to see it in this new light. So don’t be worried about messing it up. Trust yourself and your own judgment, and if you need a second opinion you can always ask (me or any other HG fanatic). So don’t worry, you should be really happy with this and your amazing talent with fan fic and writing overall!! Fantastic work! :)

• Book Kitten

This is really good, awesome job!!

• madeline3.14159

This is sooo great!! Could you notify me when a new part comes out?

yay, love this! <3

Re: Hehe I wasn't even thinking of it as a different language lol. I'm glad you liked it! :D
    (I'll read this piece as soon as I get the chance)

• Busssy.Beee

Oh I missed the first part, guess I'm off to read that!! Nice job, author Lata!! Keep it up!! <3