Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

UPDATE: I posted the third stanza of this (the one about me as a window) (minus its last line) on my (private) Instagram because it was pretty obscure and I kinda liked it. It only got two likes, which I'm not concerned about, but one of those two just HAD to be C. Like ack.

indifference dividing (message board!)

19

and maybe one day you'd see me differently
i wouldn't wish an end for you
but i can't help but wonder if i'd be your next
beginning

when one door shuts
look for a window

and i'm not made of brilliant glass panes
but you can sit next to me and dream
or cry
and i'll stay with you either way
just to be

with
you

and that's pretty symbolism
but it's somewhat
pointless
since we're separated by miles

and miles
of detachment
I'm not lying when I say I haven't thought of C much lately (which is good). But I listened to Different Eyes by Marco Tamimi for the first time last night, and it left me feeling... vulnerable. And it appears that romantic uncertainty is what my heart thinks is the next logical step after experiencing vulnerability. Maybe that's part of why I'm always falling for people; my body uses it as a coping mechanism. That's a slightly troubling thought. To be clear, I know that I have been in love before, but I've also thought I was several times, only to cringe at that way of thinking "on the other side".

• anonymous_123 [Child of God]

this makes me think of something that happened t someone I know aww

• anonymous_123 [Child of God]

I liked wat you said on V-Rose's one thing. That you pray for everyone! <3

Chapter 3 is out of my book He's here! Its much shorter! Chapter 4 is tomorrow and 5 Wedsnday! Have a great day :) and thank you for reading my story!

I think I agree with Anlee here :) Amazing poetry yet againnnn

• lochnessie

re: 13
    and thank you- you make it sound a lot more bearable XD

This is so bittersweet...and so relatable. Gosh, it would be kind of sweet if C liked it...sorry, probably not helping. But this piece is so full of emotion; I don't know how you verbalize your feelings so well. I definitely agree with Rohan's Defender on prayer though. I've done that before with people I've had crushes on or thought I was in love with. If the person is really someone God wants you to be with, he will find a way for that to work out.

• Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

Re: Meh. I suppose you’re right. He still wrote poetry. Maybe a happy Edgar Allen Poe? I don’t know haha

• lochnessie

re: i GUESS...
    (groans)
    but the whole idea of it just weirds me out, even though literally all my friends talk about it WAY too openly. i'm the last person in my whole YEAR to get it (i go to a very small girls' school)

• almost flora kane

oh the second stanza and then the "i'm not made of brilliant glass panes..." goodness, girl your writing so amazing. thank you for this. and your comment! i think the constellations would approve of you.

• birthdaycandles

It’s funny how such powerful songs can set you into a trance that feels like you’re living in a poem. I also fall in love way too often, but I feel like it’s better that than never falling in love at all. Maybe I don’t even really know what “falling in love” is yet, but I hope to really know it one day! This poem made me think a lot, thanks Anne :)

• Anlee

beautiful piece~ aww don't worry about easily falling in love. an open heart is like an open mind. vulnerability can be a good trait! <3

• Ibex

honestly, your poetry is always so pretty
    saw your bio; you're truly a wtw mom to everyone

• madeline3.14159

Re: Thank you so much!!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: okay, well I pray for you daily. <3

• Rohan’s Defender

“and i'm not made of brilliant glass panes
    but you can sit next to me and dream
    or cry
    and i'll stay with you either way
    just to be with you” that’s my favorite. Wow. This is incredible.

• Rohan’s Defender

Aw, this is beautiful! I really don’t know what to say about C........ Have you prayed about how you feel? Sorry that sounds kind of sappy, but you know what I mean.

re: um, i assume you mean ~sunshinebaby~'s comment? ...

• If you died right now, where would you go? (Kit-Kat Sully)

Here's a message for you from Savanna: I don’t know how many times I have treated up in the past two days, but your comments makes me do so again. I am so grateful for you. Know that if the roles were reversed I would defend you with every fiber in my heart. You have quickly become one of my best friends, and I can’t imagine these last months without you. Thank so very, very much for defending me and praying. Much love <3

awwwww this is so sweet <333 i love your poem!!!

• ect.13

This is gorgeous - well done :)

• pyrrhic [previously abby.a]

beautiful...

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

Wow! Who is this about?

• madeline3.14159

No problem. And yes, I really, really, hope she gets her account back.