~Zoe N~

Writer, Poet, and I want to be a neuropsychologist

Kindness is choosing love over hate, light over darkness, and compassion over judgment.
-Anonymous

8.17.20

#BlackLivesMatter

"The most beautiful stories always begin with wreckage."
-Jack London

~Homeschooled
~Ballet/Contemporary Dancer
~ENFJ-T
~Pisces
~Cellist & Pianist

Favorite Movies: Inception, Enola Holmes, All Horror
Favorite poet: Edgar Allen Poe
Favorite Music: Indie, Rock & Modern Classical
Current Favorite Band: Muse
Current Favorite Authors: Gayle Forman, Sarah Dessen

Go check out the work of my WtW twin sister madeline3.14159

Notes:
If you want a review just ask! And I will get to it as soon as possible :)
Although I cannot reply to every comment, I appreciate all of them <3

One by one ~ part 9

7
The light was fading quickly from the room. The chairs and tables made disturbing shadows against the white walls. And there were solitary patches of golden light on the floors. Mr. Davis and Ethan had left after I had told them I wanted to be alone. I couldn’t help it, I felt so, so tired and my heart was beating oh so fast. There was a lump in my stomach and my hands shook like I had had too much coffee. I just sat there on the white velvet chair. I didn’t bother to turn on a light, I think there are times when one can be more comfortable sitting in the darkness than in the light. 

It wasn’t too long before the silence was interrupted though. The doors opened slowly, and a young woman walked in carefully. She wasn’t dressed like the rest of the workers, in the normal black suit instead, she was wearing a colorful scarf and rainbow clothes. She walked over to me and sat down, without saying a word. We sat there in silence for a moment. Then she spoke, “Hello Audrey, I’m Elaina, I’m Ethan’s older sister. I came to tell you that it’s time, I’m really sorry but you have to go.” 

I stood up quickly, determined not to cry and we walked towards the door. Elaina showed me to a room, the demon from earlier was waiting for me, a crooked smile covering his face. He told me to take a deep breath and close my eyes. I glared at him and then, taking one last desperate glance around the room, taking in every detail of the human world, I closed my eyes and waited. All at once, a rush of cold air rushed towards me, I was falling, my arms flailing around reaching out trying to grab onto something solid, but there was nothing, just air.  Suddenly, my body slammed against something hard,I lay there, eyes closed, wishing that it was all a dream but soon I heard voices and screams and I had an urge to open my eyes. So I did. I don’t even know if I can describe all I heard, and saw, and felt in the moment. It was hard to take everything in. I seemed to be standing on a circular stairway of rock, on the level that I was standing on was a large rocky plain. Behind me, was a tall black gate, and beyond that seemed to be a bridge made out of black smoke, at the gate, two angels with black wings stood watching guard. There was a blood-red river that flowed quickly, nearby. In front of me, crowds of people wandered about, moaning and crying into the darkness but no one paid any attention to their cries. I didn’t want to see anymore, I was barely aware of the tears streaming down my face, I was barely aware that I myself had started crying out, just like the people around me. So I walked, one step at a time, down the rock steps. I continued to walk, as I descended the levels I saw icy rains and stormy winds torturing the evil-doers, while demons sat and watched with grins on their twisted faces. I saw wrathful fights, with blood running everywhere, and I saw the people or should I say empty souls, lying in pools of flame and ash. I walked slowly down each level, watching the torture and pain, watching the suffering. And then I had a realization which made my blood run cold, I wasn’t running towards these people to try and help (even though I knew that if I did I wouldn’t be able to help) my human instinct was gone, I didn’t feel a need to run to these people, and beg for their forgiveness, instead, I had a dark fascination with the ways these demons had come up with these methods of torture. I was scared, yes, I was shocked, yes, but was my normal human instinct showing itself? No. It wasn’t. And that made me even more fearful of what was happening to me, I was worried that my dark past and the evil in my blood was taking over. And that scared me so much. I felt like I was going to fall over, I felt like I was going to slip on the smooth rock steps and fall into those fiery pits but I didn’t, I kept walking and walking and walking and walking and walking… I reached the ninth and final level of that sickening cave. And the ninth level was by far the worst, in the very middle was Satan, with the blackest of wings and the most grotesque smile. And he was flapping his wings, and beneath him was a frozen lake of ice, and frozen into the lake where thousands of people. Alive people, with just their heads, stuck out of the ice, wishing that they could die but not being able to. Just like me, I didn’t want to be this person anymore. TO BE CONTINUED...
PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS DOWN, IF YOU WANT ME TO EDIT IT, I WILL.
Part 9
Parts 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 on my profile
Reviews welcome, draft 1

• midnight.summerrose

Re: Don’t stopppppp!!!!! It’s your decision though, do whatever you want to do. :)

• midnight.summerrose

Yayyyyy next part!!!! *confetti everywhere*
    The series is so good!!! I’m officially addicted!! Let me know when the next part is out! Sorry this is late, I’ve been really busy with school lately! :)

• madeline3.14159

Wow!! This is so descriptive. I'm intrigued!!

Thanks for telling me :) Nice! I'd like to know about part 10 as well if possible ^^