SunV

home is wherever i'm with you.

est. 11/10/19

So, this is a new story I'm starting. This chapter's is quite short, but it's only a prologue. The story as a whole will be your average coming of age story, with some interesting twists in between. I have the second chapter planned and drafted out, but I want to see the feedback here before I publish it....

Also, I've noticed a lot of typos here. So, the first chapter (Whenever I publish it) will also have this prologue with better grammar.

Elvendork: Prologue

10
Dear (Name-TBD),

Hi. I'm Elvendork. I'm fourteen, I'm a bookworm, and I'm about to go to high school.

Now, you might say, okay, so? What's so scary about hight school?

Well, let me tell you.

I was born on 31st July, in 2006. My mother, my absolutely amazing mother, has only one fault. She seems to love weird names. I won't go into detail, but it had a lot to do with my birthday, fan-fiction and Harry Potter. It really is that simple.

I didn't mind my name until I was eight. When I first started school, everyone found my name cool. But, when I was eight, I moved to London. And not everyone was so kind.

Now that I'm fourteen, I've moved again. This time, me and my Mum have come to Wales. And I am terrified. 

Elvendork. I mean, what was she thinking!

My Mum's name is Elle. Nothing else. It's not the short form for Belle, not the short for Isabel, not the short for anything. It's just Elle. It is literally the simplest name you could have.

My dad's name was James. Not Jonah, not Ethan. James. Again, One of the simplest names you could ever had.

And they went ahead and names me Elvendork.

Anyways, back to high school.

I'm starting high school. Tomorrow.

Mum gave me this diary to write in for the rest of the year. My life, other than my name, is pretty boring, so be ready for pretty much nothing.

I have a dress kept out for tomorrow, that screams don't notice me. Because my name gets a lot of attention, and I. Hate. It.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I'm clumsy. Like super clumsy. So clumsy, Nymphadora Tonks will look graceful next to me. 

So, I get hurt a lot. It's why I don't play sports. I read, because you do not need to be graceful to read.

Okay, so I have a speech ready for tomorrow, because I know I will have to introduce myself, so I might as well be ready for it *Shrugs*

So, here it goes:

Hi, my name is Elvendork (Don't pause even though people will whisper and snigger) and I'm fourteen. I was born on the thirty-first of July, and I live with my Mum. I love reading, and my favourite books are Harry Potter, and a series of unfortunate events. I love reading sad stuff, and my favourite subject is English. I'm really clumsy, and I have no intentions of doing anything with dance or sports. I tend to make Harry Potter and a series of unfortunate events references a lot, so it's okay if you don't understand me. Oh, I also hate my name, so don't think it was my choice to be names this.

I think that's good enough, and if it isn't, well I shall go with the flow.

I wonder what Welsh high schools like...

Todaloo!
Elvendork

• October 24, 2020 - 12:26am (Now Viewing)

• Samina

Interesting. Waiting to see more :)

• birthdaycandles

Aw thank you SunV, I appreciate your words <3
    Also yes happygiggles is my little sister!!

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: Thank you SunV!
    I'll tell if you're right or not tomorrow. :D

• Huba Huba

This is funny! I'm glad you explained the "Elvendork" name, I did click over finding the name very strange.

re: Aww, I love your comments and I am so glad my poetry brought you a little solace. I can't tell you how much it means to me when people leave comments and say they felt like I "reached into their mind and wrote my thoughts onto the page" (someone actually said that, XD)! ANyway... thank you again. <3
    This piece was a joy to read! Funny and heartfelt and I am so frigging clumsy, too! Keep writing!

This is such a promising start! The character is already so fascinating, and I'm interested to see what happens next!

• cSpark

Replying for the comment you left on my page:

Hi Saanvi! Thanks for the warm welcome! I too, am so excited to join WtW! I am so glad I have someone I can rely on and ask questions :)

A little bit about myself, as I put in my bio, I love reading and writing (Obviously) and I am also a very commited musician! I am also a musical theatre nerd and yes, I love Harry Potter. I've read the whole series and I've watched the first few movies. I also see that you mentioned A Series of Unfortunate Events in your writing, and I also love those books too!

I really like your piece above! It's really exciting, and I can relate to the character because I too, have moved to a couple of different places and I have a unique middle name and I am always kind of scared to tell them what it is. Are the following series also going to be in a letter form? I'm excited to read on! I'll look forward to it!

Thanks again,
    Claire

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: Yes, I'll definitely vote Saanvi. My history and political science teacher in 10th had preached us from head to toe about the importance of voting. So, yes I will. :)

That's great. A single name can ignite a story! Wow! Okay, decide soon then. :D
    Have a great day!

• iamgroot

Holy macaroni! This is goooooood!!!!

• Bhavya's Treasure

Good gracious! From where did you come up with such a name?
    This was an interesting read and I look forward to read more about Elvendork. :D
    Carry on Saanvi!
    Also, TBD is what? To Be Decided/Declared?
    I suck at the short forms, so pardon me! XD