Cosmogyral

i never wanted aottsisfts to be romantic

an ode to the stars i stole from the sky

9
THIS IS A COLLECTION OF POEMS UNDER A SINGLE TITLE

XXXV. an ode to the boy who swallowed a star;
         don't.

What did you think when you read that? Tell me, please, even if it was the most unintelligible scene, I'd like to know.

• intoxicating starlight

GRAAAAAAA THIS IS TOO WONDERFUL TO EXIST OR WRAP MY ARMS AROUND! You are beyond talented

• chasing sunsets

This is hard...but it reminds me of a little boy who wished for a dream that was so big and wonderful, almost too good to be true, But then when all is said and done, it was really was too wonderful to be true, far too big even for a dreamer like himself. I love one liners that hit deep, so great job!

• Dmoral

Re: incorporate it? uhm yeah, i'd love it. i already know that whatever you did with it i'd be obsessed

• NonsenseIsMars

The line definitely reminds me of Howl when he swallows a star in Howls Moving Castle.

• Cici'sTimes

this reminds me of that scene in Howl's Moving Castle where Howl eat Calcifer, beautiful moment

• Anlee

my first thought: i need to translate XXXV to a number. how many beautiful poems have you written already? wow :0
    anyways, the "don't" as a second line and ending felt super powerful. love love love it

woah... this is so good!!!! <33333
    tbh the first thing i thought of was a toddler with like, neon yellow around his mouth and on his hands, looking guilty--as though he had just swallowed a star. But the emotion i get from this is so complex--wow, i love it!!! <333

• Dmoral

oh my gosh.........this hit hard. i absolutely love this, the whole powerful, abstract one liner----so many vibes here i can't even process it. definitely one of my favorites out of this collection.

and makes me feel like i should share this snippet of mine (it's published in another writing place so that's why imma comment it here lol): "he just wanted to fall like the stars do; tell me, why don’t we make wishes on people too?"

• mindfruit

I agree with mirkat, this seems like it could be applied to any situation the reader chooses. I like it though - you don't expect it.

• em wilder

Ooh, yay! This is one of your more elusive poems. I read it and I didn't know what to think. I've thought now, and now I'm starting to think this could be applied to any situation the reader chooses? I don't know.... still not sure. Wonderful job as always, though!