Anlee

16
ambivert
chinese american
cries, laughs, dreams
bops to classical, jazz, lofi, kpop
multi-fandomer but stray kids is my ult <3

active since July 2020

Reading the beginning and endings:
Continue to
Love yourself

Time heals
Extinguished dreams

A smile
A ladder

There’s hope

tools can't fix themselves

26

continue to
major in psychology
yet college degrees mean 
nothing because still I cannot understand 
myself even as I encourage others to 
love yourself

time heals 
wounds but not quick 
enough because my blood has already 
rusted and no formula can reverse pain already 
felt or piece together fragments of 
extinguished dreams

a smile 
from others means I helped them out of the 
quicksand void before it collapsed down on us both
no way to smile back at them because no
second thoughts are given to
a ladder

there’s no point in flying with balloons blown with lead hope
people who spill out their hearts to help others are the ones who have the hardest time healing themselves

a lot of us always play the role of the adviser in our friend groups. we are the ones who provide warmth and comfort to others. so its almost forgotten that we're human and we struggle and we need encouragement too.
<3

ps if you’re feeling a little disheartened by the poem check the message to readers box

• October 21, 2020 - 11:00am (Now Viewing)

• AbellePuppy34

So creative!

So, so powerful! And totally true!!! You've got great word choices, too :)

• D.B.Quaginn

This is awesome. I love the second poem within!
    Re: Thank you! I have no idea where the accent came from, it just ... happened. :D

• Ximena_24

Re: Thank you so muh for your help with my speech! With your help i was able to win Vice presidencey. Lost to my best friend so no hard feelings! Thank you for taking the time to look through and comment things! If you want me to review anything just tell me the title through a comment on the speech document. I will get to is as soon as i can! Thanks and Stay Strong!!

• Wisp

Replying: Oh gosh Anlee, you are just so so sweet. And I am forever grateful for your kind words, they really boost my morale :) All the best to you, and I know you were busy with school for a time, so don't forget to take care of yourself too. Sending lots of love.

• Mia2004

RE: Omg thank you, You have no idea how much that means <3

• LaurenBeeWrites

Your writing is so good!
    Re: Thanks for your comment on my story!

• chasing sunsets

This is beautifully written! Love your style!!
    Re: thanks for your kind words :)

this poem is so freaking powerful and i love it! beautiful keep writing.
    re: sorry it took so long to respond, but thank you for your kind and encouraging comments :D <3 <3 <3

• woven_moth

Reply: Thank you so much for the compliment! After reading this piece, I see I feel similarly. I love the title and the metaphors throughout this are so good. I love the emotion.

• waxingcrescents

Woah. This piece...it's amazing. After reading the poem first, I was thinking "woah, they're really talented." Then after seeing your footnotes and reading your message to readers, I only thought you were MORE talented. Incredible, incredible work. You infused this with so much emotion and imagery, it was hard to look away.

• dream02

So this is amazing.
    Re: ahhh the first and third are amazing! Thx!

• lochnessie

ahhhh this is stunning
    i relate so much
    and thank you

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

This is so beautiful. As I read this I saw someone smiling as tears slid down their cheeks. The emotion you manage to convey with so few words is profound. Amazing.

When you're simultaneously the oversharer and the mom who holds it together to help others... you relate to this piece and then your other half attacks you in confusion haha.

Re: Aww thank you <3

• Huba Huba

Re: Thank you for the comment. and I'm going to follow you because you're a SKZ stan :)))))

this is beautiful <333 i really relate to this <33 wonderful poem

• birthdaycandles

re: also thank you so much for your comment :D <3

• birthdaycandles

awh this is very poignant, just because you try your best to comfort others doesn't mean that you yourself are inept to sadness and don't require that comfort too sometimes! such an important message that's really comforted me at this moment in time <3

• Cici'sTimes

Oh, I feel this on a spritual level. Its tough being that person but I know it will be worth it at the end:)
    re: thank you for the sweet words

• pyrrhic

amazing. stunning. beautiful. i can't seem to find the right word to describe this masterpiece, but i'm sure if you continue listing synonyms of the adjectives i listed, most of them would apply.

• Wisp

AHH ANLEE!!! I absolutely love your writing. This piece really resonated with me because well, I'm that friend that you described in your footnotes, and you're right it hurts sometimes, but other times it's such a wonderful feeling inside. Your descriptions about it are just so relatable and reading the message to readers really warmed up my heart. Gosh, this is so beautiful and demands more attention. Always loving your writing.

• iamgroot

Wow. Love it. It's true