sci-Fi

call me Fi :)
Black and LGBTQ+ Lives Matter
Feminist
~pink~purple~blue~
she/they
Aries INFP-A Fangirl ;D

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 210!!! <3

Community Ambassador Alumni :D

PLEASE give book recs in comments!
Currently reading: Circe

irl bsfs with that one rat from ratatoullie
go say hi to my library buddies mirkat BirdOfPrey SunV and lochnessie!

Fantasy Facts about Fi: Gryffindor Hunter of Artemis Downworld-Warlock Daughter of Apollo Daurudite Nightwing District 7

Percabeth Solangelo Fierrochase Jily Malec Snowbaz Sukka Patrocilles Wolfstar Firstprince Shirbert Spierfield Kanej

ok I'll stop talking about myself now ;-;

Don't sunsets inspire all artists?

8
Looking off a hilltop balcony in mid-west Texas, you never know what you're going to see. Early in the morning, the view provides a deep blue fading slowly into the brightness of the sun trying to sneak into the sky. At midday, you can see the hill country rolling out until the world seemingly drops off. But the true vision is at dusk, when the sun is just a sliver of yellow above the horizon, and the sky has taken on a whole new meaning. The best nights are the cloudy ones, where the clouds seem to be painted on the sky itself, outlined with pink and orange. The bit of sun you can still see is slowly making it's way to the other side of the world, turning the sky blue, pink, and orange. Unfortunately, the best things in life are the fleeting ones, and this beauty can only remain in the sky for about five minutes. But it's worth it, because at the end of the day it reminds you one thing: the world truly is wide.
Welcome to Texas, ya'll
(fun fact: not all Texans, myself included, say "ya'll")

• Jason_claire :)

Yes, sunsets do inspire artists, (but I'm not good enough to draw or paint them on paper) The way you described Texas makes me want to jump on a plane and go there (that's probably not the best idea though..)
    re- Yeah, OneRepublic is sort of my favorite of all time. Looks like Annabeth has some competition...

• Jj101

I do find sun sets extremely pretty!! Great piece!
    Re:Thanks! <3

• Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God}

Hi, I just wanted to ask what you commented on the piece I wrote about Savanna. My piece got censored, so I didn't get to see what you said.

Re: i'm shaking with excitement. ahhh! yes, i will vibe w/you about tower of nero! i cannot believe how likable apollo became tbh! all the new monster/creatures! the trogs made me laugh so hard. and i know rick's done w/all the series for now, but that titan nico is contacting... who could it beeeeeee? so many opportunities for more writing! which was intentional, i know. also the scene w/nero's "kids" made me so sad when apollo was describing the different expressions and wondering where meg would fall on that spectrum. also, i think i'm claiming malcolm pace. he's mine. no one else notices him, so...
    yes, you're right about my fanfic. it's about the joint task force meeting. part 1 is about mimir ft. blitzen and hearthstone w/mentions of alex and magnus. i wanted to fit more mentions, but i couldn't. also, for some reason, i felt like the meeting should take place in albany, NY. like, we know everyone's on the east coast, and NYC is the hotspot, but albany just seemed kinda neutral and low-key (loki, haha). i could change it to like philly or richmond or some other town on the east coast, but whatever.

here's part 1 of the riordan series involving all three pantheons, alluded to in the tower of nero:

Re: yeah i know what you mean about percy. it's weird because sometimes i think i'd like a "good boy" like jason because i'm more of a "good girl" but at the same time, he is too uptight and such a golden boy. and also dead, so that doesn't work. have you read the tower of nero yet? i'm in need of fandomness. malcolm pace, umm yes please.
    and no, i don't hate you! i could see what you mean about the selection (although the irony is striking that you're commenting on a selection fanfic). i will say, it's not the best prose and writing in itself. there are some gorgeous quotes and covers, and i think maxerica is well developed, but it's more of fun than anything. the second series wasn't as good, and america NEEDED TO MAKE UP HER DARN MIND but other than that, it just has a lot of fandom opportunity.
    i think i'd be a daughter of either athena or calliope the muse, btw. the calliope thing just occurred to me the other day, since lavinia is a daughter of a muse. but i wouldn't be opposed to aphrodite, in the weirdest way. i feel like i'm a combo of athena and aphrodite (if we're talking just olympians).
    on another rick riordan note, i'm doing a *fanfiction* on something that was mentioned in the tower of nero. the first one is magnus chase related (although magnus isn't in it). the next one i'm working is bast's pov, but third person like most of my writing. it's not super "fanfic-y" like a romance or just something i wanted to happen; my fanfics (at least the ones i actually try on and write down), are usually about something i wonder about or something alluded to or some interaction behind the scenes i'd like to see.

also... book recs. you're in for a treat. (copy+pasted this)
    don’t know what you’re into, but for impactful l, deep and poignant: All the Light We Cannot See, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close; for a rich and spellbinding novel on WWI, love, and Greek mythology: Lovely War; for a funny middle grade series, Percy Jackson, Storm Chaser, Keeper of the Lost Cities, Maximum Ride; for a dark, rich, enchanting high fantasy, the Caraval trilogy; for a classic, The Great Gatsby; for a fun YA, To All the Boys I Loved Before or The Cupcake Queen; for a tragic YA, The Fault in Our Stars; for a YA thriller and political and friend drama, Embassy Row trilogy; for a Victorian era comedy of manners where girls go to finishing school to become spies, Finishing School series; for a steampunk dystopian with impeccable world building and a prison that’s alive, Incarceron; for a series about books, Story Thieves or Inkheart; for a classic fiction series, Lord of the Rings, the Chronicles of Narnia, or A Wrinkle in Time; for a murder mystery-coming of age-romance-nature-adult novel, Where the Crawdads Sing; for a scandalous, twisting, glitzy dystopian trilogy, The Thousandth Floor; For a lively fairytale spin: Land of Stories, School for Good and Evil, Sisters Grimm; for a dark and breathtaking Cinderella spin, Stepsister; for an intriguing fantasy series, Magisterium; for a middle-grade, lighthearted modern fantasy, Children of the Red King (Charlie Bone); for a mind-melting, ingenious, hilarious urban sci-fi, The Accelerati Trilogy (highly recommend!); for a supernatural spin on a classic, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies; for a sparkling romance, royal drama, intrigue, strong female friendships, fiery redheads, and people who stand up for what's right, The Selection series; for just straight up brilliance, tears, laughter, and YA fun (some mature references, kind of like The Fault in Our Stars but not explicit), Hope and Other Punch Lines.
    have fun!

ohhhh the imagery. it's so alluring, drew me in, i love sunsets. BTW YOU'RE A PJO AND HP FAN?!!!! hey i'm totally ok not freaking out here because FANDOMNESS. How dare you date Percy Jackson! lol
    I'd actually pick frank or Leo over Percy. He's just too perfect, it would intimidate me. but percabeth is srsly one of the most well-developed, well-written relationships in middle grade/YA fiction. Besides Maxerica, maybe. (The Selection by Kiera Cass, check it out.) I'm stopping now. The Accelerati trilogy is another great series btw.
    okay, srsly stopping.

• dream02

Re: ohhh. Yeh that makes sense. Hmm... Ashes Ashes by Jo Treggiari is a good one, a bit of romance but mostly end of the world death stuff. So in other words, light fun reading. Lol. Or any books by Kristine Scarrow are good ones too.

• dream02

Great job! Also, have you ever read Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon? It's awesome!

I love this line: "But it's worth it, because at the end of the day it reminds you one thing: the world truly is wide." Nice job as always!