Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

SYZYGY (#words)
J.A.M.
Corinne
14
Female (she/her)
Straight
CJCLDS
Dreamer
Anxiety
Reader
Webtoon Geek ;)
Music Must-Have
#giveusbackourwords
Middle child and only girl :w:

I was thinking about this place again. Oh, how I wish it were real! If you have any questions for me to include in my dust jacket for 200 followers, please let me know! Need a review? Feel free to ask!

A Home Built For Me

29
I've designed my forever home,
It's small,
It's gorgeous,
It's freedom. 

The grass is a lush green, pretty poplars poking out along the stream's edge. There's a simple, small pebble path that leads to a glass dome, a cherry tree inside turning the glass pink. Butterflies circle the bubble of freedom, and birds sing their songs of light and love. You may step inside the clear house, and look up at the magnificent height. Bookcases full of stories of old line the trunk of this beautiful blossoming tree, dried roses marking my place amongst the pages. My bed is made up of soft pillows and threading string. This place was built to perfectly suit me.

And my lover may sit beside me, strumming his guitar, and we'll sing of love, hope, and freedom. And the deer prance along the edge of out home, looking at us through the small glass dome. I'd wear a pretty little sundress, and an over-sized hat, laughing and giggling and playing with the cat. So warm and cozy, wrapped in these blankets, holding my hot chocolate and starting Where the Red Fern Grows for the umpteenth time. And the nights are warm, and the days are warmer. Never too cold, never to hot. Just right. And the wolves in the woods howl with us as we dance around the bonfire by the babbling brook. 

But alas, they're just dreams, just sketches in my sketchbook. A faceless man, and a colorless sky. And you flip the page, and suddenly the woman is alone, in a large, blank room, wiping the tears from her eyes as she writes in her nearly full journal. A home just for me, that I know won't be.

Guess I'll settle for what I got.
Word Count: 293

I've always wanted a place like this to be honest. I couldn't really imagine little ones there in the future, but this would perfectly suit me. Maybe this tells you something about me, but maybe it doesn't. What kind of place would you live in?

• February 23, 2021 - 6:56am (Now Viewing)

• McK13

re: yes, I agree - we should all advocate for ourselves! I thought I would just clarify that the piece of mine you read, 50/50 was an alteration of a true event that did happen to me. I was taking a digital survey yesterday and I was only allowed to choose one race/ethnicity and I got kind of angry about it but I ended up picking "Other" so I wouldn't have to choose one out of Asian/Pacific Islander and White/Caucasian. But that's when I realized that I chose neither and basically acted as if I wasn't proud to be biracial. So I made a story of a lady behind a desk who was kind of like the phone. I hope that makes sense, I definitely am going to add that to the message of the piece right now. Anyways, thank you for your comment -- I really appreciate it!

• McK13

So beautiful, yet heartbreaking. I can relate to this so much and I really hope that you find that home someday. You are such a talented writer and amazing at expressing your emotions with wonderful imagery!

• Busssy.Beee

MERRR!! OMC!! I WAS WAITING FOR YOU TO REACH 200!!! AND NOW THAT YOU HAVE, I WANNA BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO WISH YOU A CONGRATULATIONS!! SO CONGRATTSSSS MER!! THIS JUST SHOWS HOW IMMENSELY TALENTED YOU ARE AT YOUR CRAFT!!! AHHH!! YAYAYAYAY!!!<3

• lucyyyy

Re: Thank you so much! This is beautiful! :)

• Love, Rose

Re: thanks - yeh you got the Shakespearian reference :D
    this is stunning btw

• Avril

That is such a beautiful description! The part about the deer prancing along the edge of the home is so sweet. And I love your ending!

• Parisienne

rereading this just made it all the more beautiful, wow its such a gorgeous setting!
    re: I am so glad you enjoyed my piece and thank you for your kind comment. I am so sorry that critics of your art have made you not enjoy it anymore - I really do know how that feels. If your artwork is anything like as good as your writing though then it will be gorgeous! If it helps I was told I was terrible at art by my teachers, peers and even my dad. I am now going to art college though, so what I am trying to say is that other peoples opinions are meaningless because all art is subjective! Please keep creating despite what people have told you in the past. Thanks again and take care <3

• Lizzie R

Re: Thank you!

This is so sweet but sad. I love it all the same and I hope someday you get that home.

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Thanks so much! That makes me feel WAY better. And LOL, that is the right word, yes! It's the perfect word! Thank you! ^-^

• ☆TwinklingLights☆

Oh, this is relatable. And beautiful. And perfect.
    Re: thank you, take as many as you want

• Parisienne

re; np! <3

• Parisienne

Woahh! This is so beautiful (tbh wouldn't mind staying in a place like this myself!) So sad at the end though. You're a really talented writer.
    Re: thanks so much :)

oh gosh this sounds tranquil. so so beautiful. your imagery is beyond words. and that last paragraph---oh man. it wraps up the piece so perfectly in a bittersweet way. my dream home is anywhere with an art studio. i wouldnt care where it was (maybe i would) but i am dreaming of an open sunny room with desks and markers and paint splotched floors and walls. canvases, paints, and a sink. IT MUST HAVE A BIG SINK! it sounds so weird but washing out brushes is so annoying especially when im in my room and have to go to the laundry room to do it XD anyway i got lost in a rant lol

i also came here to tell you Chapter 29 of T&R is out ;)

• happygiggles

Your ideal living place sounds so peaceful and picturesque, like something straight out of a painting you would see in a museum! I think my ideal living place would be a secluded bungalow in a place that is rural and full of lush green and pink plants, I'd want to have a small white gate leading up a stony path to my green front door! But the again, if I got married and had kids, I wouldn't really mind where I lived, so long as I had a happy family, and we lived somewhere within close proximity of good schools and play parks ((:

• Love, Rose

this is stunning - well done
    Re : yeh, of course, bruv any time

• Zirong

Ahh this is so beautiful, and the last two paragraphs just...broke my heart. Still, it's nice that we can gain satisfaction from dreams and imagination :)

• William T.

Holy - this is amazing. You've literally painted a picture inside my head of a gorgeous, carefree life. Then the ending ~reality plot twist ~ love it!

• bunnybeige

god, this is so gorgeous.

• bunnybeige

B E E P
    B E E P
    ch.6 is out:

replying: thank you<3

how beautiful :) i love this <3

• Busssy.Beee

Re: Hmmm, bio seems like fun, unless it's like cells and stuff. Cells are a little scary, but other than that, it seems interesting. But, your test is a game! That's actually really really creative. As far as my dream place. I like natural sunlight, and symmetry. Maybe geographic patterns on the walls? Oh and music related things like instruments, a radio, and some other stuff? Oh, I also love photos because it's like a time stamp, so I'll have a photo gallery (maybe a photo of you!) and lots of books. So, yeah. And you look like your pfp? that's so cool! Should I change my pfp?

• Busssy.Beee

re: thank you so much, JAM <3. It was math and all about exponential properties. It makes my head explode, but I try to let it go. And, a new profile pic!! It looks so pretty, and I have to echo everyone below!! Gorgeous piece!! Do you have any test coming up?

• Rose A

Wow, this is so good. Amazing!
    I wanted to thank you for liking my piece! How have I never seen your profile before? You're so great! I'll follow you so I can read more of your stuff later. :)

• aiyanna

This is so good! Sounds like a great place to be. I have my dream home fully detailed in my mind haha. I hope I can have it someday, hopefully you can have urs too. Inspires me to maybe write it down. Beautiful writing!

• Jasmine khawar

Re: of course i will

• Jasmine khawar

W-wow!!!! This is beautifully amazing. I loved it so much. Its inspiring me to write something like this.....maybe I'll do

Looking back at my comment, the hilarious (depressing) thing is that the most unrealistic part of it is getting paid to be a poet.

Wow, this is so lovely. What a breath of fresh air. I'd probably live in a small cabin/cottage at the edge of the woods (near a small town but not too close). There'd be a small stream like yours that leads to a secluded lake, with big rocks to sit on lining the banks. I'd spend my time writing poetry (and getting paid for it!), reading, singing, talking with my friends who visit or live there, and possibly posting the occasional YouTube video about my life.

• abby.a

the imagery is IMMACULATE. stunning piece!!