em wilder

call me mirkat (or cordelia)
est. 10/15/20
14│she/her│INFP-A│old soul

i've always fallen in love with the ideas of people.

have an ineffable day!
i can't express how much i love it here...

<3<3<3

ANY FEEDBACK -- it is unedited and I wrote it in the middle of the night so... ALso plz comment after reading-- it means a lot to me!

Thoughts at 3 O'Clock in the Morning

15
It's 3 in the morning right now. All is quiet out. Everyone is tucked into their beds dreaming away. I wish I could join them. The giant redwood tree outside my window sighs with the weight of my breath.

It's 3 in the morning right now, and my mouth aches and my legs are sore. The bands of plastic called spacers that sit in between my molars are just now starting to hurt. Just wait until the full mouth of braces coming your way, mouth. And my legs! Sore from cross country practice. I knew I shouldn't have run the extra half mile. 

It's 3 in the morning and my exhausted body and mind are going on overload. I just want to sleep. But no, of course, I have to work for even that, too.

Anyway.

These 3 am musings sure aren't doing me any good. I do want to end with a quote, though:

“Don't let a three-o'clock-at-night feeling fog your soul.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Emily's Quest

Yeah, I wish. The truth is my soul is heavy right now and my teeth ache and my legs are sore and my hands are tired of typing. I'll try to sleep now. Good night.
NOTE: I just wanted to highlight (b/c such a controversial issue) that I always run cross country with my mask on. ALso, spacers suck. ANd I'm getting braces next week. Yay!

I did not publish this at 3 am-- I waited until morning.

Inc ase you are wondering (which I don't think you are), I fell alseep after writing this until 6 am and then I was like I'll just get up for good now.

• Samina

Wow! Lovely piece...

Replying: yes lady bird is lovely.... My favorites and little women is omg! Again my fav... Saoirse is my fav... I have a celeb crush on timottée chalamet!

• D.B.Quaginn

At least you managed to create something at 3 AM; that's more than most of us can say!

• JustAnotherDarling

Re: Of course Mirkat <3
    and hey! on the bright side: all things in life change - this, too, shall pass :)

• JustAnotherDarling

I feel unqualified to comment on your 3 a.m. musings, to be honest - I promptly pass out at 11 lol....bUT. I love all the feelings in this. I could feel the teeth hurting, the sore legs (that are always sorer in the mornings *shudders*), and the tiredness. and I absolutely love that quote - although I'm not sure I could live by it... I'd probably drown in my 3 a.m. thoughts and resurface only after writing my way back to air :)
    Re: thank you! I think perhaps the extreme simplicity of the piece made flip-flopping between the two people easy? I hadn't planned to...but now I'm thinking I should elaborate on my two characters ;) and yikes! spacers do suck a lot! braces will annnoy you at first, but then you'll get used to them :) (and in the meanwhile, you get to eat ice-cream all the time!!)

Also, I just saw in your bio that you like Jane Austen--and 80s music!!! I'm the exact same!!! My dad always teases me for loving Pride and Prejudice, but it's SO GOOD <333 And Emma, too :)) What songs do you like?

Re: I need to see and read Anne of Green Gables!

This is really good!! I feel like it really captures that heavy, weighted-down, tired feeling of being awake late at night (or early in the morning, whichever you like to think of it as) Really wonderful piece!! :))
    Also, thank you so much for the kind words on my poem!! I'm so glad you liked it :)

• ~Zoe N~

re: yeah, its so sad....

• madeline3.14159

Have fun with braces!! I'm getting mine off tommorow after four years... I'm so excited!!!