Stone of Jade

~ 17 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
one half of the locket
Vice Pres. Cult of the Crunch

struggling with writer's block but felt inspired to write the moment in my life right now. I'm (supposed to be) working on homework. My family is asleep--all is quiet. But I have music pouring into my ears and i feel calm in a confusing way bc of the stress of school. It's moments like these where I wish I had the words and the time to capture the tone adequately. But--writer's block >_<

Maybe one day I will find the words to describe this feeling better--something a little more poetic

dreams scatter across notebook pages

20
that feeling...the house is dead quiet...but the music from my earbuds drown out that sleepy silence. Night...when the dreams of writers come alive.

1

• doodleninja

re: aw, thanks so much for all those sweet comments! They rly mean a lot!! Glad you enjoy the series! XD <3

• doodleninja

(and newest Stereo Tropes Co. is out! ...finally XD)

• doodleninja

the title and this lil' piece are exquisite. You capture a certain, indescribable feeling very well! :D

• beth r.

so beautiful!
    re: thanks so much for checking for me!!

• sci-Fi

This is SO beautiful, SO true, and SO me rn.
    Re: OMG, Tower of Nero.... I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say this: the wait, the money spent buying, it is WORTH IT. I cried my eyes out and laughed my head off.

• Abigail Faith

Aw, yeah, the snow is nice, except for shoveling... I totally agree there! Lol!!

• V-Rose

Here's a link to Death's Tales! CHAPTER TWENTY!!

Love this!

• Rohan’s Defender

Part 13 of the collab is out now!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: Aw, thank you so much!! And I’m glad you get that figured out! I’m doing well, I’ve been busy!! I always love talking to you. I’m looking forward to the next chapter of your book!! <3

• Jj101

Nice! I do my best writing at night. At least, I write more boldly.

Re: Thanks! The profile pic is from Switzerland:)

• Figwit

Re: Yeah, stars are absolutely the most amazing thing ever!

• Figwit

Oh my word! I love this! Okay, I do this same thing so much... Night is my favorite time to write :)
    Re: Thanks for the comment! I love stargazing, and I was just watching the stars when I felt compelled to write something, and that's what came out :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Hi Jade! How are you tonight?

re: thank thank thank you for your reassurances and kind comments for me! it made me feel a lot better and i am glad that braces won't be *that* bad.... i'm a lot more cheered up from sense i wrote that piece, so that is good! XD <3 <3 <3

• acrosstheuniverse28

AH, I love this! Simple and sweet!
    Re: Glad you like the message box ;)

• Rohan’s Defender

Beautiful and so true!
    Re: awwwwwe!!!!! I don’t know what to say except thank you and you’re amazing! :) :) <3

• løne wølf [semi-hiatus]

that title is stunning :O

re: thank you for the well-wishes! fortunately, my mindset when writing is different now. im fully aware that i should be writing for myself on top of writing for this community; but thank you for pointing it out! and, i know that likes and followers aren't everything, but they are meaningful to me because i don't usually get recognition for my writing. writing has its own beauty to me, and i cherish it dearly; but it gets increasingly hard when i get writer's block, so sometimes writing is forced for me XD. thank you, thank you, and thank you for your thoughts and prayers! <3

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

re: thanks sm! I love your work and went to follow you but realised i already was :)

• .amelia.

feelings and words with pauses
    like where this is going :o

• Abrianna

Re: Thanks for the comment! <33

Re: you're welcome! I do hope you get a chance to read it. much thanks for the feedback!

"Night...when the dreams of writers come alive." <3 <3 <3 And also the title... priceless. I love your work!

This almost has a Halloween feel, slightly creepy but mostly mystical and vague. Mysterious but inspiring.
    Re: it's based on The Selection series by Kiera Cass. I highly recommend; it's probably my fourth favorite fandom (not fourth favorite series, necessarily, but it's a great fandom and the covers are gorgeous). It's about a futuristic North America, but with a twist: there's a royal family, a caste system that determines careers, and a more traditional take instead of all techy or dark, like many dystopias. The country, which is all of North and Central America, is called Illea and when the prince comes of age, the country holds a Selection to determine his wife and the future queen. One girl from each of the thirty-five provinces is *randomly* chosen (cough cough) and goes to the palace to compete for the prince's hand.
    Most people have a TV, and everyone has at least the official news channel, but mobile phones are nonexistent with the lower castes (upper castes are One-Three and sometimes Four, lower are Four-Eight) and computers are virtually unknown.
    Anyway, I'll bore you if I go any further, so probably look it up. They're a brilliant series full of charm, unwavering loyalty, standing up for what's right regardless of consequences, and a layered and dazzling romance. Not to mention some lovely dresses.

• chasing sunsets

This is beautiful!! Love that last line
    Re: thanks :) And I didn't even think about adding snippets of familiar words of Adeline's old life, so thanks for the input!