mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

thanks to paisley blue, rwong, wisp, and crystalline galaxies for all the love and support.

scribble chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :), and Starlitskies.

i think i'm a broken umbrella?

take a deep breath and
let tomorrow dissolve
into today;

People I Think I Know

1. She's the kind of person that is hot one second and cold the next. Acting one way with me, and another with them. Forever changing her ideals and beliefs and thoughts and feelings. I think I'm the only person she can truly be herself around. It's almost heartbreaking-- does she feel like she has to prove her worth? I hope she can see that "perfecting" herself is not satisfying in any way. After all, how is she to find herself in all of the different maks she pulls on every few seconds or so? I wonder how she does it, though. 

2. He's the type of person with so many emotions brewing right below his skin. Say or act or do anything to set him off and then he will burn and burn. Yell and scream and hit. Pause. Stop. Think. Okay, he's calm again. Sometimes I blame him for all of the destruction. Other times, I want to join in the havoc.

3. He's the sort of person I used to think I wanted. Kind and smart and exotic. Something changed, though, and now he just seems bland. The kindness is still there I like to think, but only in small doses when he can be bothered to stop and look around. The exotic part, however, washed out long ago when I realized he acts just like the others. 

4. Her voice will crack as she speaks aloud, overthinking and over analyzing and over-stressed out. She's the sort of person who will play out every scenario in her brain. Constantly changing her mind. I wish she would see how much it weighs on me to see her pacing and thinking, pacing and thinking, over and over. I know she does it for us. I know it's good, in a way. But sometimes it can be too much.

5. She's the type of person born with an abundance of joys that bubble up to her eyes and smiles and laughs. Even if you didn't say anything funny, she's giggling again-- saying how it just brings a smile to her face and reminds her of what happened over the weekend. I don't think she's trying to cover up her insecurities. We're honest with each other-- I would know. Instead, I think she is just so full of life that she has to share some of it with the world.

These are written about real people in my life. What words/sentences stood out to you? What personality/person are you most like? Anything else? I had a lot of fun writing this, by the way.

• October 28, 2020 - 9:36am (Now Viewing)

• Starcatcher

Wow, what beautiful description you have here! I think I kinda identify with the fourth one, and the 5th person defiantly seems like a person I would like to hang out with.

• poetri

Re: ahhh yesss I’ve watched that so many times I love it literally everything about her and that movie is just *chefs kiss* perfect

• poetri

Ok but Greta Gerwig is a mixture of 4 and 5 and I refuse to believe anything else

• A blind (young) man

The second one made me think of my little brother, well my friend is TOTALLY the last one. She can't sit still, and even though she's been going through some tough times she still is awesomely bubbly. Your piece made me feel all goopy, I might do something similar if you don't mind? I'll reference you.

• Rohan’s Defender

This is GORGEOUS!! The exotic one and the last one stood out to me a lot! I love the last one is much!! And the first one was so sad! These are amazing!

• løne wølf [semi-hiatus]

stunning! some of these descriptions are scarily accurate, applying squarely to some of the people i've encountered :O

re: thank you for the well-wishes! fortunately, my mindset when writing is different now. im fully aware that i should be writing for myself on top of writing for this community; but thank you for pointing it out! and, i know that likes and followers aren't everything, but they are meaningful to me because i don't usually get recognition for my writing. writing has its own beauty to me, and i cherish it dearly; but it gets increasingly hard when i get writer's block, so sometimes writing is forced for me XD. thank you, thank you, and thank you for your thoughts! you're an amazing writer!! <3

• Mpm#1

The entire third part sticks with me. It reminds me of a guy I used to be with at one point... You make these people seem so real. Great piece mir!!

• Sam_the_Sham

"Her voice will crack as she speaks aloud, overthinking and over analyzing and over-stressed out. She's the sort of person who will play out every scenario in her brain."
    that line stood out to me more because i'm like that. really awesome piece! there's so much description, i feel like i know these people too.

re: hmm, i'm not sure about favorite season. i'd really need to think about it, but sookie is my favorite character, no doubt. love her. what about you? also, which of rory's three boys did you like best/hope she'd end up with? dean, jess, or logan? i was kind of rooting for jess. they could've been good together.

• Anlee

" I don't think she's trying to cover up her insecurities. We're honest with each other-- I would know. Instead, I think she is just so full of life that she has to share some of it with the world." really loved these lines!
    i can definitely picture at least one person for each description. this piece is also interesting in the way that while everyone has a distinct personality, we are not as unique as we think we are

• LadyBug...

Also, great piece, I really like how give a lot of detail to each character! Have a nice day!

• LadyBug...

Re: I'm mostly 50's and 60's as far as old music goes, but it's nice to hear a good 80's song every so often.

• queenie

re: no, i just write what i'm feeling, i guess. they're not connected in any way

• Noah.W

Re: Hey Mir. Yes I totally agree with you. Thanks!!

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

I feel like I'm a combination of 4 and 5. I liked the lines: I wish she would see how much it weighs on me to see her pacing and thinking, pacing and thinking, over and over./Sometimes I blame him for all of the destruction. Other times, I want to join in the havoc./ Instead, I think she is just so full of life that she has to share some of it with the world.
    It is very intriguing!

• dream02

Amazing!!!
    Re: awwwww thx!!!

Re: ooh, I need to read both of those!!! Its very annoying when main characters are ignorant, ugh. But yes, I absolutely love Lizzy!!! She's so smart and intuitive.
    Also, those songs are both great!! :)
    Wait I just saw the Looking For Alaska quote in your message board and immediately broke down into tearssssssss :(((((((( that book is SO GOOD AHHHHHHHHH have you read it???!!?

• Nathaniel G. Williams

Re: Thanks! Also, I do think the fly would be a better VP lol. Also, I haven't finished watching Gilmore Girls yet. I'm still on Season One. My mom wanted to watch it and now I like it to. Also, I mainly am in to 90's Alternative as far as old music goes. But I have had the 80's song "Take On Me" stuck in my head all day.

Re: I appreciate the feedback more than you know! It's definitely something that gets me contemplating...
    I love this piece. You captured the essence of these people. The third one stod out to me: "The exotic part, however, washed out long ago when I realized he acts just like the others." I know what you mean, I think.
    Also, have you seen the dictionary of obscure sorrows? Your favorite word list reminded me of that. it is the coolest thing since scones and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
    https://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/
    it's all those words that describe a feeling that you couldn't put to words before.

@Driger queen
    Yes, it did... I wanted to expand and so I broke the rules a little bit. It's my writing and I can do whatever I want with it to convey what I want to say. This was for me and I shared it with you.

• mindfruit (hiatus)

Amazing descriptions! I like how they all seem so unique yet relatable at the same time lol.
    Re: 2 point perspective would be neat! Don't feel compelled to continue it though if you don't feel like it. Hmmm...all those series are great. I think I'd have to go with the original, Percy Jackson. I mean the other series are wonderful too, but I guess it's a childhood nostalgia thing. Have a wonderful day too!

• friends is awesome

didnt it say to write just one sentence?

• ~madeline~

Re: That's rough. I'm so glad I didn't have to do two rounds of braces (let's hope that doesn't change) But it's so funny cause a lot of my friends didn't even know me when I didn't have braces. So it's gonna be weird. You can call me Maddie or Madeline, it doesn't really matter to me. Most people call me Madeline.

• ~madeline~

I'm not sure which one Im most like... Probably a mix of two of them if that's possible...